• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

The only bright spot of hope is that they haven't ACTUALLY re-signed him yet...

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comment...ess-reports-that-the-red-wings-arent-close-to

If they can't move anyone, Cleary is SOL

HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the laughs :lol

That's what I'm here for.

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1 min
Most important to Red Wings scouting success: Hakan Andersson will be around to find sleeper Swede draft picks for DET for 4 more years.

Thank You Baby Jesus!

Cagey

Banned
Post-move, learn of a 2 year deal for Michael Ryder at a fair price. Great job.

Still remember Ryane Clowe happened. FFS.

The car got us to our destination! Let's just ignore the fact that we had a leaking gas tank, the fire under the hood, and the 3 flat tires!

Quenneville was fantastic about knowing how to repair it though, dude!

cartoon-fixing_car-animated.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
3rd straight year of Jagr to Montreal rumours, not expecting jack shit.

Also has it been posted that Chiarelli said today that after talking to Alfie after trying to sign him, he's not surprised he left Ottawa. Sounds like some nasty internal business that has nothing to do with money.

I don't really know what to think of this free agency. We've done pretty much nothing and that pisses me off. Our "bottom" blueliners were not the only problem back there but maybe we're banking on Wilson being healthy for the season. We're almost a different team with him in the lineup.

Red_Man

Habs also signed one of the all time leading scorers in the AHL today, great signing for the Dogs that had no veteran leadership or scoring on last years team.

Brunner is apparently asking for 3.5 million which is why we didn't resign him...... Yeah, I'm still going to blame his agent on that one. I would do 3 million at 2 years at max or 2.5 for 3 years. Come on Brunner, be smart.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs also signed one of the all time leading scorers in the AHL today, great signing for the Dogs that had no veteran leadership or scoring on last years team.

I liked the signings they made today. Fournier was a great leader in Halifax, and should be a great character guy in Hamilton. Tarnasky will replace the useless Stortini, and they needed some veteran scoring ability.

I don't like Mayer though, he's terrible and they should just focus on Tokarski/Condon in the AHL.

Wonder what kind of term Brunner is looking for, 3.5m is less than Briere got.

I don't really know what to think of this free agency. We've done pretty much nothing and that pisses me off. Our "bottom" blueliners were not the only problem back there but maybe we're banking on Wilson being healthy for the season. We're almost a different team with him in the lineup.

Blueline problems eh? Wonder how you could have fixed those...

Also has it been posted that Chiarelli said today that after talking to Alfie after trying to sign him, he's not surprised he left Ottawa. Sounds like some nasty internal business that has nothing to do with money.

He wanted to go to a contender. He doesn't think we are one until after he retires.

Blueline problems eh? Wonder how you could have fixed those...

We got rid of Zanon, Hunwick, O'Brien and O'Byrne. That's how we fixed it. All we needed to do was bring in one more bottom pairing guy and I wouldn't be as pissed off. I think they're expecting Siemens and Barrie to develop a lot this season but that would be easier with some veteran presence to play with them. I'm not torn apart about Jones.

Red_Man

He wanted to go to a contender. He doesn't think we are one until after he retires.
You really believe that speech? Ottawa has as good if not better chance then Detorit and he knew they were after Ryan. If that was he reason he would have went to Boston or Pittsburgh.

You really believe that speech? Ottawa has as good if not better chance then Detorit and he knew they were after Ryan. If that was he reason he would have went to Boston or Pittsburgh.

Ottawa won't (or can't) afford to load up to the cap to go for a serious Stanley Cup run. Probably not a good idea at this stage of the game anyway. We couldn't pay his asking price and add to the team via FA(he'd have to take a discount and he wouldn't).
He was also really dejected during the Pens series (the "probably not" comment) so I think he just lost all faith he'll win a Cup here (he was here for 18 years - one SC Final appearance).
Lots of people think we can as good(or better) than Detroit but clearly he doesn't.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NYR have $11.1m of cap space to spare but still need to sign:

Ryan McDonagh
Derek Stepan
Carl Hagelin
Mats Zuccarello
Justin Falk

I don't see any way to get that done as things currently stand. A trade of some sort HAS to be coming.

Curufinwe

I'm still surprised they didn't buy out Brad Richards. Stepan and McDonagh are both great young players who want big raises.

St Louis seem to be running out if room to sign both Stewart and Pietrangelo.

St. Louis gets Roy? Damnit. Tallon pls Grabo!

Cats Dec camp starts tommorrow, Hubbey is on the roster too. I guess the org wants the kids to bask in the Calder.

Red_Man

Sportsnet reported that Timmins might be headed to Columbus, but a guy on Hfboards who knows him personally asked him and he had no idea where it came from. Thank Christ.

I'm still surprised they didn't buy out Brad Richards. Stepan and McDonagh are both great young players who want big raises.

St Louis seem to be running out if room to sign both Stewart and Pietrangelo.

It'll be fine, Slats knows how to use the leverage provided to him with his restricted free agents.

Top Bottom