• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

I hope Ryan bails in 2 years, it'll be quite the contrast going from California to Ottawa of all places

Maybe he will maybe he won't, he played junior in Owen Sound of all places.

We traded for him, I like to think it was done because we can find a way to resign him.

Cake Boss

Banned
I hope Ryan bails in 2 years, it'll be quite the contrast going from California to Ottawa of all places

jEaLH5zFHCj0F.jpg

For next season, going all deep Capitaine Sel, even for 2 seasons it would be worth it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We traded for him, I like to think it was done because we can find a way to resign him.
That's most likely the case, it would just be amazing if he walked, and better for the division. Thankfully there's the Florida teams to beat up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
lol

but really, I got Kadri in my pool and it would be awesome if they played together

Serious answer: Kadri isn't strong enough on faceoffs or defensively responsible enough to be able to handle that load.

He may have the best passes in the universe but it's useless if he can't win an offensive draw. :(

Quick

Banned
Serious answer: Kadri isn't strong enough on faceoffs or defensively responsible enough to be able to handle that load.

He may have the best passes in the universe but it's useless if he can't win an offensive draw. :(

That's why it's important to share the load.

Here's a better question. Why didn't Grabovski play on Kessel's line?

Grabovski
Kadri
Bozak

Makes a hell of a lot more sense than

Bozak
Kadri
Grabovski

Instead of letting your best center play on the top line, you bury him on the 3rd line, and put a 3rd line center on the top line.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a better question. Why didn't Grabovski play on Kessel's line?

Grabovski
Kadri
Bozak

Makes a hell of a lot more sense than

Bozak
Kadri
Grabovski

Instead of letting your best center play on the top line, you bury him on the 3rd line, and put a 3rd line center on the top line.

Wilson.
Carlyle.

You would think that, but I've decided that I just don't spend enough of my nights staring at my TV just yet. And after watching some play off games and the Stanley Cup finals, which was all really exciting and somewhat depressing, I decided to give hockey a go.

Which made me think, why not post in here.

Sup dudes

Welcome! Who's your team?

Drop in hockey is $6.50 in Victoria, oh babbbbyyyyy

Or free if you're a goalie YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Maaan, I am aching for Pacific Rim so badly.

Not only have I been on a Sons of Anarchy spree lately and have a fresh mancrush for Charlie Hunnam, but the movie itself looks so fucking cool.

I'm not easily suckered into stupid AAA overhyped trash, and thankfully because there isn't any overhype whatsoever, I can approach this movie with cautious optimism and actually be excited about it.

Cool big budget sets instead of shitty CGI? Check

Original franchise and NOT A FUCKING SEQUEL? Check.

An English adaption of the old 'Kaiju' movie genre? Check.

Australia having a Jaeger and it being kickass? Check.

Stiff, rigid physics-based motion from giant robots instead of shitty fluid overexploding mess like the Transformers movies are (not to mention completely unlikeable characters)? Check.

Red_Man

I've been pumped for Pacific Rim ever since it was announced, I'm just hoping it doesn't bomb =/ that's if it's good though, which I have to imagine it will be with GDT behind it.

I got a feeling it will underperform at the cinema, and then excel on Blu-Ray/DVD sales.

Tickets for IMAX opening night with assigned seats in a great position? Check.

Red_Man

Didn't that Xia poster work on it? I'm not sure if he / she still creeps this thread, but I feel like they worked on it before losing their job

Alucard

Banned
I'm curious as to who the three teams are which are "very interested" in Jaromir Jagr, or if Svoboda is full of crap and just trying to get his stock up.

Red_Man

I'm curious as to who the three teams are which are "very interested" in Jaromir Jagr, or if Svoboda is full of crap and just trying to get his stock up.
Montreal is definitely one, but I read somewhere he wants a 3 year contract, no fucking way Bergevin will give him that.

Maaan, I am aching for Pacific Rim so badly.

Not only have I been on a Sons of Anarchy spree lately and have a fresh mancrush for Charlie Hunnam, but the movie itself looks so fucking cool.

I'm not easily suckered into stupid AAA overhyped trash, and thankfully because there isn't any overhype whatsoever, I can approach this movie with cautious optimism and actually be excited about it.

Cool big budget sets instead of shitty CGI? Check

Original franchise and NOT A FUCKING SEQUEL? Check.

An English adaption of the old 'Kaiju' movie genre? Check.

Australia having a Jaeger and it being kickass? Check.

Stiff, rigid physics-based motion from giant robots instead of shitty fluid overexploding mess like the Transformers movies are (not to mention completely unlikeable characters)? Check.

Has Stringer Bell, Check

idris_elba.jpg

GOT DAT PRODUCT?

Alucard

Banned
Montreal is definitely one, but I read somewhere he wants a 3 year contract, no fucking way Bergevin will give him that.

3 years for a 41-year-old? That's going to be an incredibly tough sell. I also read that the Habs backed out.

I'd honestly welcome Jagr on the Pens, but would be skeptical at the same time. I have zero expectations and fully expect him to find a home with any team not named Pittsburgh. I think his price is too high for the Pens regardless.

Top Bottom