• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

3 years for a 41-year-old? That's going to be an incredibly tough sell. I also read that the Habs backed out.

I'd honestly welcome Jagr on the Pens, but would be skeptical at the same time. I have zero expectations and fully expect him to find a home with any team not named Pittsburgh. I think his price is too high for the Pens regardless.

Looking at the Pens current cap situation, he'd have to play for free

Alucard

Banned
Looking at the Pens current cap situation, he'd have to play for free

It would be the ultimate good will gesture that would cement his legacy. Not that he needs to do that, or even wants to. I love Jagr, but he's said some bullshit throughout his career and likes to play nice for the cameras. Still, a legend who's really hard to dislike.

It would be the ultimate good will gesture that would cement his legacy. Not that he needs to do that, or even wants to. I love Jagr, but he's said some bullshit throughout his career and likes to play nice for the cameras. Still, a legend who's really hard to dislike.

Or the league would even allow it

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's just playing everyone to get as much money as he always does, it's pure BS and he can go play for the Coyotes if he wants a 3 year contract.

Quick

Banned
Maaan, I am aching for Pacific Rim so badly.

Not only have I been on a Sons of Anarchy spree lately and have a fresh mancrush for Charlie Hunnam, but the movie itself looks so fucking cool.

I'm not easily suckered into stupid AAA overhyped trash, and thankfully because there isn't any overhype whatsoever, I can approach this movie with cautious optimism and actually be excited about it.

Cool big budget sets instead of shitty CGI? Check

Original franchise and NOT A FUCKING SEQUEL? Check.

An English adaption of the old 'Kaiju' movie genre? Check.

Australia having a Jaeger and it being kickass? Check.

Stiff, rigid physics-based motion from giant robots instead of shitty fluid overexploding mess like the Transformers movies are (not to mention completely unlikeable characters)? Check.

iCwoaDwwjI6Af.gif

My man.

Been hyped for this movie for ages now. Who doesn't love mechs and giant monsters fighting? And having actual sets rather than CGI-ing everything is definitely a plus.

And it kind of gives me Evangelion vibes. Not at all a bad thing.

Montresor

Bozak: overpriced but we just signed Kessel's best friend to a long-term contract. That's good news. Bozak isn't a number one but I like his PK, faceoffs, and chemistry with Kessel.

Clarkson: Also overpriced but my god I just get giddy at the thought of this guy bleeding blue and white since he was a little kid, idolizing Wendel Clark and then taking less money to play for Toronto. I'll be excited all summer for this guy because of his comments to the media shortly after the signing.

Grabovski buyout: A big loss to our centre depth. I loved Grabo's heart. I'm sad to see him go but I don't think Nonis made the wrong move. He was too unproductive for the money he was making. Hopefully Clarkson doesn't become another Grabo, lol.

My hopes for this off-season: Get Kadri, Kulemin, and Franson signed to reasonable deals asap. And please god above let Toronto's top prospects develop well. I need Rielly to do well so I can bring something to the table in arguments vs. Habs-gaf.

Socreges

Banned
The "left money on the table" stuff isn't a joke at this point? As if he was doing Toronto any favours by having such a high asking price. Sure Edmonton offered more. But you can assume with every free agent that they could have gotten more money were they to sign with the butthole of the universe.

Red_Man

Just because he left money on the table doesn't make his contract any less horrendous

iCwoaDwwjI6Af.gif

My man.

Been hyped for this movie for ages now. Who doesn't love mechs and giant monsters fighting? And having actual sets rather than CGI-ing everything is definitely a plus.

And it kind of gives me Evangelion vibes. Not at all a bad thing.
Have you seen how GDT actually built the Jagers heads for the actors to act in? Ridiculous.

Samyy

Bozak: overpriced but we just signed Kessel's best friend to a long-term contract. That's good news. Bozak isn't a number one but I like his PK, faceoffs, and chemistry with Kessel.

Clarkson: Also overpriced but my god I just get giddy at the thought of this guy bleeding blue and white since he was a little kid, idolizing Wendel Clark and then taking less money to play for Toronto. I'll be excited all summer for this guy because of his comments to the media shortly after the signing.

Grabovski buyout: A big loss to our centre depth. I loved Grabo's heart. I'm sad to see him go but I don't think Nonis made the wrong move. He was too unproductive for the money he was making. Hopefully Clarkson doesn't become another Grabo, lol.

My hopes for this off-season: Get Kadri, Kulemin, and Franson signed to reasonable deals asap. And please god above let Toronto's top prospects develop well. I need Rielly to do well so I can bring something to the table in arguments vs. Habs-gaf.

I have a bad feeling one of Franson/Gunnarsson is going to be traded. Gunnarson was on pace for like 35-40 points without a significant amount of powerplay time and Franson was 8th in defencemen scoring on pace for almost 55-60 points. If we don't get them on contract arbitration would probably not work out well for us. I think Franson would net us a better return, and I feel like its better to keep Gunnarsson as he seems to be more defensively responsible.

Of course if they can get rid of the horrendous Liles contract then its not an issue probably

Has Stringer Bell, Check

idris_elba.jpg

GOT DAT PRODUCT?

I don't know who this is, but he was cool as heck in the trailers. One of the reviews I've read for Pacific Rim already says he carries a large part of the acting calibre of the movie, as well as the Asian womans 10-year-old counterpart. Apparently the child actor for her is just astounding.

Have you seen how GDT actually built the Jagers heads for the actors to act in? Ridiculous.

I linked it in my original post, but here it is again for anyone that hasn't seen it.

I seriously urge people to check it out. We haven't seen tech-based sets like this used since the advent of CGI in, what feels like, ever.

Franson seems like he'll be the one traded, I think, because of a couple reasons. First is his price: After his production he's probably going to be looking for 3.5 - 4m, even though he doesn't really chew up the minutes. Second, is that he's easiest to move: He's simultaneously the most valuable and most replaceable defense-man we have. No one is going to take Liles, and having Franson around means less ice-time for Gardiner and no ice-time for really any of our defense-prospects.

edit: Then again, I felt pretty confident that Nonis wouldn't buy Grabovski (who interestingly has yet to sign anywhere) and that the Leafs wouldn't overpay to sign a shittier-21st-Century version of Wendel Clark, so who knows what's going to happen.

Quick

Banned
Franson seems like he'll be the one traded, I think, because of a couple reasons. First is his price: After his production he's probably going to be looking for 3.5 - 4m, even though he doesn't really chew up the minutes. Second, is that he's easiest to move: He's simultaneously the most valuable and most replaceable defense-man we have. No one is going to take Liles, and having Franson around means less ice-time for Gardiner, and no ice-time for really any of our defense-prospect.

Pretty much. And it hasn't exactly been smooth sailing for him in Toronto, either.

Socreges

Banned
I don't know who this is, but he was cool as heck in the trailers. One of the reviews I've read for Pacific Rim already says he carries a large part of the acting calibre of the movie, as well as the Asian womans 10-year-old counterpart. Apparently the child actor for her is just astounding.

I linked it in my original post, but here it is again for anyone that hasn't seen it.

I seriously urge people to check it out. We haven't seen tech-based sets like this used since the advent of CGI in, what feels like, ever.
The Wire. Watch The Wire.

Red_Man

Christian Thomas' sister is very hot and does / did track for western, just throwing that out there

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty pumped to see Pacific Rim. Hopefully on the 13th or 14th. I also saw This is the End on Friday. Thought it was pretty great. Love McBride.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Pacific Rim was ALWAYS going to bomb. Don't know why anyone thinks otherwise. Doesn't mean it won't be awesome.

It's still going to bomb. Apocalypse back on.

Oh god, I forgot that the more a movie bombs at the box office the less enjoyable it'll be.

But seriously, yeah, it was eventual. Not enough hype (which is what drew me to it) and last-minute advertising. Hardly anyone I know is aware of how good this is shaping up to be. It's going to get better as more people go and see it though. Hopefully.

I've seen this picture around what's it from?

Black Snake Moan. It's Bishs avatar and implies that whoever gets quoted said something banworthy and that they're gonna get Bish-slapped.

You would think that, but I've decided that I just don't spend enough of my nights staring at my TV just yet. And after watching some play off games and the Stanley Cup finals, which was all really exciting and somewhat depressing, I decided to give hockey a go.

Which made me think, why not post in here.

Sup dudes

whoo!

Top Bottom