• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Apparently the Send have signed Joe Coevo.

He demanded a trade out of Ottawa in his first tour here so I have no idea what this team is doing anymore.

Cake Boss

Banned
Apparently the Send have signed Joe Coevo.

He demanded a trade out of Ottawa in his first tour here so I have no idea what this team is doing anymore.

iS1URT9KjKQ38.gif

the fuck is going on with this team.

I don't believe it though, only that dumbshit Brennan has reported it so far.

Silexx

If this is true, then clearly the only logical explanation is that Corvo hated Alfie and is now willing to come back now that Alfie is gone.

Well we do need a RH puck mover to play behind EK, and Corvo was good in the run to the final.

I thought he hated all the media pressure here, they called him uh oh Corvo for all his giveaways.

Cake Boss

Banned
No way he gets top 4 minutes though, likely playing on the bottom pair with Philips.

Weirdcock and Gryba rotate on that 4th spot.

I give it 1 week before Corvo is scratched and he is at the pressbox.

Cake Boss

Banned
900k/1 year for Corvo.

Not bad, basically the same as Benoit but has produced more than Benoit and has played more minutes than him last season. decent option for the 2nd PP.

PPs
Weircioch- Karlsson
Cowen-Corvo

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 8m

True fact: The Ottawa Senators have made it to the Stanley Cup Final in every full season Joe Corvo has played with the team.

Aww yeah, Alfie. how does my ass taste?

900k/1 year for Corvo.

Not bad, basically the same as Benoit but has produced more than Benoit and has played more minutes than him last season. decent option for the 2nd PP.

PPs
Weircioch- Karlsson
Cowen-Corvo

Aww yeah, Alfie. how does my ass taste?

Taste like you still aren't going to make the finals.

Well, there is a first time for everything!
Sens don't make the finals and Alfie gets his cup :D

Why sign him to this stupendously crazy contract then? Just wait till the end of the contract and see if he's injured, less dominant or concussion-prone then. Especially if you're gonna pay him zillions anyway.
The Flyers want him to be the face of the franchise. They are not going to fuck around and potentially piss him off. I wish we would have taken less though. His contract will hurt them down the line.

Quick

Banned
Speaking of the Winter Classic, is HBO still doing the Winter Classic 24/7 thing for the Leafs/Red Wings?

I'm assuming so, since they already had a deal in place for it from last season before the lockout. They'll probably make an announcement just to remind people.

Curufinwe

The Flyers want him to be the face of the franchise. They are not going to fuck around and potentially piss him off. I wish we would have taken less though. His contract will hurt them down the line.

Only he if gets hurt, or the cap doesn't go up as fast as it seems like it will.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the McDonagh signing. Good deal. Ideally would have liked to see it come in under 4.5, but 4.7 is still a great price for him.

McDonagh's deal also has a limited no trade clause on the back end of it.

Now for the others.

They might not even make the playoffs. The Sens are a fringe team, even more so if you replace Alfie and Silfverberg with Bobby Ryan and Clarke McArthur.

ROFL that fringe team made the playoffs without its best players most of the year and beat the Habs in 5.

MacArthur replaces the numbers Alfie has been putting up and Ryan is a huge addition.

No idea how we are worse.

Samyy

Sens are probably going to be the #2 team in the East with a healthy season....
They have all the pieces, #1 C, Norris quality D in Karlsson and A top 10 goalie, and decent scoring depth.
I think their coach has also proved hes pretty great

Curufinwe

The East will be brutal, but Ottawa should be a solid playoff team.

Some eastern teams (e.g. Washington and Philly) are going to feel pretty dumb for agreeing to the realignment if Columbus and Detroit both beat them out for a spot in the playoffs and all that extra revenue.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I guess here's the question:

What is Ottawa missing to be able to take that next step as one of the top teams in the league?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
If Montreal's young players continue to progress and Price has good year I see no reason why we can't make the playoffs.

Cake Boss

Banned
So I guess here's the question:

What is Ottawa missing to be able to take that next step as one of the top teams in the league?

A top 4 veteran dman in his prime, could be a trade deadline acquisition.

The current forward lineup.

Conacher- Spezza- Ryan
MacArthur- Turris- Michalek
Smith- Zibenejad- Neil
Greening- Pageau- Condra
Hoffman

vs last year's

Silfverberg- Turris- Alfie
Latendresse- Zibenejad- Conacher
Greening-Smith- Neil
Kassian- Obrien- Condra

Cake Boss

Banned
Not a top end, but a good 2nd line player. Should break out offensively now that he is playing behind Spezza and no longer facing the top competition every night.

Top Bottom