• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

A top 4 veteran dman in his prime, could be a trade deadline acquisition.

Yeah I think we need that unless Gryba/Wiercioch progress and fill that role which could very well happen. Corvo might do well there as well who knows?
That and the rest of the young players on the team need to progress.

Not a top end, but a good 2nd line player. Should break out offensively now that he is playing behind Spezza and no longer facing the top competition every night.

Don't think we've seen his best, he still needs to get stronger. I think we're still undoing whatever the fuck Phoenix did to screw him up.

To reiterate what people were saying earlier Dastardly, the Wire was shot in SD so you're not going to find an HD version. So might as well get crackin because it kicks so much ass

Cake Boss

Banned
Burmistrov signs in the KHL for 2 years.

Got rushed into the NHL, hes only 21 years old and already got 200 games under his belt. Atlanta ruins another player.

yyzjohn

Banned
I know I'm late on this but

Lol wut.

Yeah I don't know where that came from. With Paul MacLean as coach and less injuries they should be a lot better than they were last season. MacArthur can score you 20 goals and Ryan as top line winger will probably get at least 35. Silfverberg will be a good player in a few seasons and Sens might regret letting as much go as they did in that Ryan deal down the road, but for this next season I think they're good.

yyzjohn

Banned
meh, you can say that based on roster, coaching and last years performance its likely the Sens will get a playoff

Yeah, I mean you can't predict anything in July, but there's got to be a reasonable expectation based on how their roster looks. If Anderson suffers an MCL injury first week, Ryan, Spezza and Karlsson all get injured then all bets are off. For right now I think they're a legitimate playoff team.

Silfverberg will be a good player in a few seasons and Sens might regret letting as much go as they did in that Ryan deal down the road, but for this next season I think they're good.

The only way we lose the trade is if Ryan walks as a UFA in 2 years or he is a total bust here.

Extremely unlikely that Silfverberg, Noesen or the 1st will ever be as good as Ryan. It's a quantity for quality trade.

Right now it's a win for both teams as each team filled a need.

yyzjohn

Banned
The only way we lose the trade is if Ryan walks as a UFA in 2 years or he is a total bust here.

Extremely unlikely that Silfverberg, Noesen or the 1st will ever be as good as Ryan. It's a quantity for quality trade.

Silfverberg is young though and if he has a breakout year and scores 25 and Ryan doesn't quite perform and falls just short of 30 goals, people will complain. It's a really good roll of the dice though and it'll be interesting to see where these guys are in 3 years.

Late again but I can't actually believe Corvo came back.

One year 800k can be an excellent deal if he stays healthy and our young guys keep on the upswing.

At he very least he's a solid upgrade to Bemoit

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Apparently Cleary wanted a 4-year deal from teams. Four years!

He will probably leave, and become another Dany Heatley on the decline.

Silfverberg is young though and if he has a breakout year and scores 25 and Ryan doesn't quite perform and falls just short of 30 goals, people will complain. It's a really good roll of the dice though and it'll be interesting to see where these guys are in 3 years.

Silfverberg isn't the same type of player as Ryan. He might score 25, depends on how the Ducks use him and who he plays with.

It's hard to imagine Ryan not putting up a lot of points playing with Spezza and being on our #1 PP unit. Spezza can make just about anyone score. He hasn't had a winger like Ryan on his line since Heatley(before he turned to shit) left town.

He will probably leave, and become another Dany Heatley on the decline.

Maybe, who knows? Heatley's decline is pretty rare and spectacular, I can't think of anyone else who declined that much that quickly.

There's at least a few teams that would push 6.5 mil in free agency if Ryan keeps his production up.

We're certainly not one of them.

We signed Karlsson for that amount. If it works out I don't see why they won't pay him what it takes to extend him long-term.

And if the team has some money issues, he has 2 years to sort it out.

We signed Karlsson for that amount. If it works out I don't see why they won't pay him what it takes to extend him long-term.

And if the team has some money issues, he has 2 years to sort it out.

I need to use better verbs.

I can easily see him getting 6.5 from us and agree it's a good investiment but at least one other team will hit 8+ if the 30 goal seasons keep coming and money issues or not we aren't gonna turn into the Flyers.

Burmistrov signs in the KHL for 2 years.

Got rushed into the NHL, hes only 21 years old and already got 200 games under his belt. Atlanta ruins another player.

Would have loved him on the Wings, maybe playing with his idol (Datsyuk) could have helped him a bit.

44 careers games and you ask for that much? jesus.

I still honestly think his agent is pushing that more than him, though by that it seems he still wants to play for us which makes sense. I would do 2 years at 3 million though.

fallout

Sigh. The kid has such talent, but he's amazingly streaky. Still, sad to see him go.

The Winnipeg Jets are confirming Twitter reports today that forward Alex Burmistrov has signed with the KHL in Russia.

The club issued the following statement from GM Kevin Cheveldayoff late Monday morning:

"Through our conversations and correspondence with Alex and his agent, it became apparent Alex had a desire to continue his development as a young player in the KHL. He remains a very talented player within the Jets organization and we will continue to monitor his progress and development going forward."

The Jets issued the statement after Russian hockey reporter Igor Eronko tweeted this morning that Burmistrov had signed a two-year contract with the Ak Bars Kazan Bears of the KHL.

Despite signing in the KHL, Burmistrov remains a Restricted Free Agent in the NHL and the Jets retain his rights should he decide to return to the NHL anytime in the next five years.

Burmistrov (6-1, 180, b. 21 Oct 1991, Kazan, Russia) previously played with Ak Bars Kazan during the 2008-09 season.

He was a first round -- 8th overall -- draft pick of the Atlanta Thrashers in 2010. He scored 6 goals and added 14 assists in 74 games with the Thrashers during his rookie 2010-11 season.

Burmistrov’s offensive output improved marginally during the franchise’s first season in Winnipeg -- he scored 13 goals and added 15 assists in 76 games for the Jets in 2011-12.

But his numbers fell off markedly last season, when Burmistrov scored just 4 goals and added 6 assists in 44 games with the Jets.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...m-Burmistrov-heading-to-Russia-214623561.html

I think the Sens, just like the Habs, overachieved this year.

I don't think Anderson will ever have another year like this. I don't think the defense corps is all that sound. I don't think losing your captain when he's Daniel Alfredsson is easy. I don't think Spezza is a good first line center. I don't think Bobby Ryan will thrive as much with this first line. I think Karlsson's defensive flaws have been exposed.

I think the Sens will be a fringe team, just like the Habs.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You know the Wings will resign him after this current contract is up.

Hey, they still haven't signed him yet. I can only hope Detroit can't shed the salaries and Cleary is stuck.

yyzjohn

Banned

I don't think Anderson will ever have another year like this. I don't think the defense corps is all that sound. I don't think losing your captain when he's Daniel Alfredsson is easy. I don't think Spezza is a good first line center. I don't think Bobby Ryan will thrive as much with this first line. I think Karlsson's defensive flaws have been exposed.

They've made the playoffs two straight seasons though not just this lockout year.

Socreges

Banned

In short, everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Sound analysis.

In short, everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Sound analysis.
A lot more could go wrong. I don't see how anyone can expect an "healthy" season from Jason Spezza, for instance.

I just think the Sens are overachievers, talent-wise. Maybe I'll be wrong, I'm not trying to be Pierre McGuire here. Just an opinion.

And what did I say would "go wrong"? Anderson not repeating and Bobby Ryan not being as great as he was with a star-filled lineup? The rest isn't things going wrong, it's just my opinion of the talent on this team.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
44 careers games and you ask for that much? jesus.

44 career NHL games. It's not like he hasn't played professional hockey for longer. The question with him wasn't how he'd develop (which takes a large sample size), it was whether or not he could transition to the NHL well (which I'd argue takes a smaller sample size).

A lot more could go wrong. I don't see how anyone can expect an "healthy" season from Jason Spezza, for instance.

He was healthy the last full season and finished #4 in overall NHL scoring. No idea how you can say he's not a #1 center with a straight face either.

Anderson has been solid ever since he came here, maybe he won't put up those numbers but he'll be as good as you can expect your #1 goalie to be.

The team made the playoffs last 2 years against pretty much everyone's expectations. Maybe they're just better than anyone will give them credit for.

He was healthy the last full season and finished #4 in overall NHL scoring. No idea how you can say he's not a #1 center with a straight face either.

Anderson has been solid ever since he came here, maybe he won't put up those numbers but he'll be as good as you can expect your #1 goalie to be.

The team made the playoffs last 2 years against pretty much everyone's expectations. Maybe they're just better than anyone will give them credit for.
Yeah, sorry, he IS a first line center. He puts up a lot of points, but he's just a little too fancy to be a dominating first line center in my mind. Not enough grit to his game.

And seriously, the guy misses around 15-20 games a year. He had a complete season, yeah, but then he missed one entirely... I don't see him as the leader type either.

And I didn't say that you WILL miss the playoffs. I said you might. The Sens will compete with a lot of strong teams, this year, and I don't think we can count them amongs the sure-to-make-the-playoffs teams like the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Bruins, the Wings or even the Rangers. And I doubt the Flyers will miss the playoffs next year.

The fact that only 8 teams out of 16 in the east will make the playoffs next year makes it even harder. I think it's going to be a crazy race for the 4 lower playoff spots.

Top Bottom