• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
When are they suppose to reveal the division names? I'll just stick with Northbeast anyways.

I hear they're just going with Crosby A, Crosby B, Crosby C, and Crosby D.

Whatz this shit about Sens not making playoffs? Only reason they wouldn't is if they ain't healthy. Just to clarify Jason Spezza is legit, so fucken underrated. Paul MacLean has actually made him better, he has made his entire team better. So what if Alfie left them, they can still have success, just look at the Leafs they haven't had captain since 2008...

I hope you see the joke

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
They are at worst the 4th best team in the new division. So again, whatever lies you have to tell yourself to help you sleep at night, please be my guest.

Idk man, determining where they rank in the division on July 8th to reassure yourself that you're a playoff team? Sounds like i'm not the one who needs to hear something to help sleep at night.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
To think I started this fight. If it makes anyone happy, my team is at best a fringe team. Yay.

My new avatar is pretty awesome though.
If Price can consistently play up to his potential, then they shouldn't have problems. Still going to be 2-3 seasons before this team is a contender and playoff team consistently.

Idk man, determining where they rank in the division on July 8th to reassure yourself that you're a playoff team? Sounds like i'm not the one who needs to hear something to help sleep at night.

You can try to spin it however you want, I'm not reassuring myself of anything, I'm proving you a delusional isles fan. The Rangers with Henrik have made the playoffs in all but one of his years, and with MUCH worse teams than this one in front of him.

Shitty blueline...did you say that to yourself with a straight face? :lol

If Price can consistently play up to his potential, then they shouldn't have problems. Still going to be 2-3 seasons before this team is a contender and playoff team consistently.
Price is obviously key. But although I love Galchenyuk, I'm still not sure he's legitimate #1 center material. At worst he'll be a very good #2, but we'd still be needing a dominant centerman. Collberg also has to develop as a top 3 winger if we want to be contenders.

On the D-side, I trust Subban to stay our #1D, and Tinordi to become at least a top 4. With Beaulieu probably becoming a top 4 as well, I think our D is gonna be alright.

Fucale will be a good one if Price never pans out.

I have way more trouble trusting our offensive prospects, probably been burned too often in the past.

Red_Man

Price is obviously key. But although I love Galchenyuk, I'm still not sure he's legitimate #1 center material. At worst he'll be a very good #2, but we'd still be needing a dominant centerman. Collberg also has to develop as a top 3 winger if we want to be contenders.

On the D-side, I trust Subban to stay our #1D, and Tinordi to become at least a top 4. With Beaulieu probably becoming a top 4 as well, I think our D is gonna be alright.

Fucale will be a good one if Price never pans out.

I have way more trouble trusting our offensive prospects, probably been burned too often in the past.
Really? I think it's pretty obvious Gally will be the #1, he showed flashes of it this season and that's after missing an entire season of junior.....I'm not worried about him. The top 6 for the next 10 years is already locked up with A.Gally, B. Gally, Patches, Eller, just need Collberg to come through hopefully McCarron pans out or they go out and get a bigger UFA winger. Tinordi is a safe bet as a top 4 defense, Beaulieu is a good bet too and we have so many good defensive prospects it's not a worry. Our forward group is definitely worrisome, but like I said our top 6 is pretty much already filled and we have guys to play in the bottom 6.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Arguing about who's going to be making the playoffs at this point is dumb.

For all we know one of the NEW CHASE BRIDGES falls and crushes Lundqvist in the home opener.

Heretic

I can't stand seeing Price play. His demeanor makes me so mad. IT DOESN'T EVEN SEEM LIKE HE CARES

Red_Man

I can't stand seeing Price play. His demeanor makes me so mad. IT DOESN'T EVEN SEEM LIKE HE CARES
It's a good thing and a bad thing, it's good because he doesn't scramble and get frazzled but its bad when he becomes too casual and isn't aggressive enough. Our best off season acquisition has been Stephane Waite, I think he'll do wonders for Price and balance him out. If he figures that out he can be the best goaltender in the world.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It's a good thing and a bad thing, it's good because he doesn't scramble and get frazzled but its bad when he becomes too casual and isn't aggressive enough. Our best off season acquisition has been Stephane Waite, I think he'll do wonders for Price and balance him out. If he figures that out he can be the best goaltender in the world.

Really hope Waite can help improve his game.

Red_Man

Really hope Waite can help improve his game.
Have you read his interviews coming in? If not you should, he's said all the right things and his coaching style sounds perfect for Price. Considering what he did with Niemi and Crawford, I have high hopes with him given how much more technically sound Price is then both of those goalies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
bYqICZq.jpg
Dat Grimaldi size lol

Red_Man

Yea I saw that, but Renaud Lavoie from RDS personally knows Melanson and said he's never said anything of that sort or ever given him that impression, just more sensationalist bullshit. He definitely ended the season on a rough note, and he has to really prove he can be that 5th overall pick soon but that article makes it sound like he's becoming Fleury.

Isn't that Carey Price's 3rd or 4th goalie coach since joining the Habs? Maybe Price is just not getting the messages.
The 3rd one, the first one was too strick, and Groulx was too laid back, Waite is suppose to be a more adaptable coach who adapts to his goaltender and their weaknesses which is what Price needs. He has the fundamentals down and the tools, he just needs to be fine tuned.

"It’s worth adding that Melanson also said Groulx was doing an “outstanding job” with Price just four months ago, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs."

Melanson isn't really good anymore. I don't think he's helped Luongo much.

Oh and Georges Laraque intents on making his way into politics...

Acid08

Banned
wat

Cake Boss

Banned
Anderson's stats against Pittsburgh are nearly identical to Price's vs Ottawa.

I am not the one saying Anderson is a top 5 goalie in the league nor has a chance to be a #1 if he refines his game.

Maybe 3 years ago Price was a top 5 in the league but he hasnt shown it in the last 2 seasons. He is still young though and can get his game back on track, but the last 2 years he has been meh.

Red_Man

Yeah............... no
Almost every GM and reputable person in hockey disagrees with you.

.905SV% on the 2nd best team in the east, and a .849SV% in the playoffs is top 5 goalie now?

3 seasons ago he was. The last two have been bad although the season just completed was short.

People basing this on a shortened season and the worst season the Habs have had in decades with a defense that was playing a pairing of Kaberle and Campoli on a regular basis? Makes sense.

Red_Man

Facts and stats disagree with you.
You mean stats from the past two seasons that I've already said would be hfboard levels of dumb to base his development on? Right, continue on while people who have spent their whole lives in hockey say otherwise.

Top Bottom