• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Possibly stupid question: Is it possible to use the 360 internet explorer app to visit 192.168.0.1 (or whatever it is) to adjust router settings?

I moved to a new apartment (I'm on my own, yay!) and I finally got my Techsavvy modem installed yesterday. I also have a router. But I don't have any laptop or computer. So I'm not sure how I'm going to make this router secure and give it a custom password.

As long as it's connected to your network it should be possible. Hard to say how compliant the 360 browser is but if the router page isn't full of flash it should be doable.

Cake Boss

Banned
Melnyk has capped salaries at $50m? What's the story here, Cake Boss/Kernel/Towel?

i1Pqot71rlGlx.gif

Kernal......Towel........Me.

Melnyk has capped salaries at $50m? What's the story here, Cake Boss/Kernel/Towel?

Based on his past comments, the team is profitable regardless whether we make the playoffs or not at that level of spending. He is not able or not willing to pour his own money into the team to spend to the cap.

I'd imagine if we want to spend more, they team would have to make the playoffs every year and ticket prices would have to go up as well.

The rising cap is going to put the squeeze on many small/mid markets over the next few years. The Canadian dollar falling isn't going to help either.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers have signed Carl Hagelin and Justin Falk.

Hagelin's deal is 2 year, $2.25m cap hit.

Falk is 1 year, $975,000.

Great deals.

Rangers have about $6 million left with Asham, Powe, and Miller's cap hits currently buried. Still have Stepan and Zuccarello to sign.

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
NHL announces 2014 Heritage Classic. March 2 at BC Place. Canucks host Senators. Will the roof be open? #indoor/outdoorgame

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427386

Looks like it's confirmed Red, McCarron is definitely going to London. Hopefully he plays on a line with Horvat and Domi, but doesn't feel like he needs to fight every game.
Aweosme to see. He'll get to play with some skilled guys, guaranteed to play in the Memorial Cup and should play around 80 games or so. Can't wait to see him play, he'll be able to develop both his offensive game and physical game under the Hunters.

Cake Boss

Banned
Or you know, do the unthinkable and keep your old console.

Yeah I know its pretty crazy, completely out of the left field, but its doable.

Or you know, do the unthinkable and keep your old console.

Yeah I know its pretty crazy, completely out of the left field, but its doable.

Nope, the new console will turn on and zap the old console and a message will pop up on screen saying, "No Backwards Compatibility Allowed!".

Honestly, once I have a new one set up, I don't know how much I will be playing my old 360 since at the moment I really only have room for one console on my desk. I probably could switch them out every so often but I just wish it was on the new systems so I wouldn't have to keep switching them. Or you know, backwards compatibility would have been nice.

For the record I have no plan on getting rid of my 360 when next gen comes, more like a space issue.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Nope, the new console will turn on and zap the old console and a message will pop up on screen saying, "No Backwards Compatibility Allowed!".

Honestly, once I have a new one set up, I don't know how much I will be playing my old 360 since at the moment I really only have room for one console on my desk. I probably could switch them out every so often but I just wish it was on the new systems so I wouldn't have to keep switching them. Or you know, backwards compatibility would have been nice.

For the record I have no plan on getting rid of my 360 when next gen comes, more like a space issue.
I'm only keeping my 360 until I finish Arkham Origins and LEGO Marvel. Then it's going in the closet. PS3 will still be up until next summer so I can play NHL 14 and GTA 5. PS4 will replace the 360.

I wonder how much tickets will be for the Heritage Classic.

Kind of wish it was another team though. Canucks and Sens don't have a particularly compelling rivalry.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Between Gran Turismo 6, NHL 14, and all the free stuff on PS+, I expect my PS3 and PS4 to coexist for a very long time.

Is the BC Place a good venue?

Stasis

Too bad NHL on PS3 is a slow piece of shit that takes forever to load anything.

Not sure I want to suffer through that again. I'm really looking forward to this being on PS4 for BAGM performance and them maybe pretending to give a shit about fixing all the continuously broken crap.

Quick

Banned
Too bad NHL on PS3 is a slow piece of shit that takes forever to load anything.

Not sure I want to suffer through that again. I'm really looking forward to this being on PS4 for BAGM performance and them maybe pretending to give a shit about fixing all the continuously broken crap.

It's not THAT bad.

Curufinwe

Matt Finn injured by some plug at the prospect camp
Bad luck :/

That sucks. The Flyers stopped having scrimmages after last year's prospect camp because players got injured.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=675014

“I can’t blame the invite guys. They come in and are trying to make a name for themselves,” Laperriere said. “It’s their one shot. I would do the same thing. So, they take a run at some of our top prospects in a game sometimes. Looking back, it’s not worth it.”

As such, there won’t be any games during the camp. Instead, the schedule will be intense, but solely focused on developing certain skills for certain players.

“There are no games,” Laperriere said. “I went to [General Manager] Paul Holmgren and [Director of Hockey Operations] Chris Pryor and told them how I felt. It’s ridiculous to play games because we’ve had so many injuries in the past. I feel bad for the fans who want to see the future Flyers play [in games] but at the end of the day this is what’s best for the kids in the system.”

lol...

Seguin doing the media rounds today in Dallas. He is wearing the same suit pants as yesterday. 1310 The Ticket called him out on it and he says he only travels with one suit.

They pretty much ran through all the stories and how he found out about the trade and stuff. Really nice dude who is getting flack for being young. Sucks for him.. Glad for us. He is going to be awesome.

Also he said he has never experienced this type of heat before (100+ degrees in Dallas today) haha

Merguson

Banned
Yea...

Broll is I think a Leafs property but he projects as a 4th line grinder fighter type. I can't blame him for being physical.

Hopefully Finn isn't too bad but I don't think he could finish the scrimmage :/

Speaking of the Leafs/Marlies Camp.. Zigomanis signed with Rochester.. signals a total shift towards youth for the Marlies.

And maybe Don Cherry will shut up about him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Matt Finn injured by some plug at the prospect camp
Bad luck :/

Yea...

Broll is I think a Leafs property but he projects as a 4th line grinder fighter type. I can't blame him for being physical.

Hopefully Finn isn't too bad but I don't think he could finish the scrimmage :/

I was just about to say...Broll was drafted by us in 2010 or 2011.

There was talk last year he had a shot at cracking the lineup.

He's filled with pugnacity.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Perron to the Oilers? Fuck, I wanted him on the Habs....

More Habs prospect news:

Jacob De La Rose wants to be released from his contract in Leksand so he can play in Windsor. Montreal would likely need to pony up some cash to get him out of there if they want.

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/07/09/hab-pick-de-la-rose-hopes-to-join-spitfires/
Maybe he'll play with Vail then, He's already been playing in a men's league, so he should do well in Windosr, and he can get used to the ice size.

Top Bottom