• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Samyy

Just what the Oilers needed it seems.

huh....why

Oh and our tougher prospects like Broll and Devane probably have shots at roster spots... all they really need to do is outplay Frazer McLaren...

The third line spot is probably one of D'Amigo, Biggs or Ashton.

Oh wow at the PS4 digital library thread over on gaming side, a lot of people can't read and pretty much sums up why gaming side has went downhill.

Also Brunner still hasn't signed anywhere, that is what asking for 4 million after one year in the league will do to you. Should have went with our 2.5-3 million for 3 year deal. Poor Brunner.

Also, let the trades begin!

Hilarious, I was just reading an article by an Edmonton beat writer who was saying the Oilers need defense.

Edmonton trying to follow the "only need offense" mentality of some other Eastern teams. It has worked out great for those teams though! /sarcasm

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's frustrating watching teams like Edmonton and Philly land these forwards when their issues are defence and goaltending.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Perron to the Oilers? Fuck, I wanted him on the Habs....

Maybe he'll play with Vail then, He's already been playing in a men's league, so he should do well in Windosr, and he can get used to the ice size.

Hopefully Montreal can get him over, Windsor doesn't have the money to buy out his contract, and Leksand isn't going to let a promising young guy leave, even if he'd only get 4th line minutes over there.

Red_Man

Hopefully Montreal can get him over, Windsor doesn't have the money to buy out his contract, and Leksand isn't going to let a promising young guy leave, even if he'd only get 4th line minutes over there.
I imagine they will, it'll be a lot easier for they to keep an eye on him over here obviously. Also Andighetto will be playing in Hamilton this season, he had an out clause in his contract saying he could terminate it if he was picked by an NHL team which is more good news.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 9m
Capitals give Alzner four year deal. $2.8 million per year

qCyAt0J.gif

Samyy

Leafs resigned Colborne, stilling waiting to hear about Kadri/Franson/Gunnar though
Apparently some kid called Leivo is really standing out at the camp, surprised no ones really talking about Biggs.

calder

Lol.

I'd like to go back in time and be more anti-ownership in the lockout if it's possible. I was sure as hell not pro-owners during the lockout, but I really should have been more so. :p

Karakand

The only thing the Devils have on Neidermayer over the Ducks is both terms and retired jersey.

Not really sure why we haven't retired his number...

But either way, it doesn't fucking matter one bit which team had more 'ownership' over a player. Adam Oates was a Mighty Duck, and I still consider him one.

Doesn't matter if it's a season or a career, if you played for a team and made an impact then that's that.

dstrdl pls, Sneids isn't even Guy Hebert tier.

Blues got bent there.

Perron is frustrating as fuck to watch. If he ever gets his shit together then maybe we did, but I kind of doubt it.

Stick handle stick handle stick handle, turnover the puck and create an odd man advantage. So many fucking times this year.

Plus he was sort of a bitch during the lockout. S'long hands.

Red_Man

Does he think the number of games suspended is a criteria ? Or maybe he wants to play elsewhere...
Yea I dunno, Habs resigned Dumont, + have Parros & Moen, I don't know what he's thinking, he's lucky they even gave him an offer.

Curufinwe

It's frustrating watching teams like Edmonton and Philly land these forwards when their issues are defence and goaltending.

Philly upgraded all three areas this off season without losing any young players. In a year they might have to trade for a Dman or goalie but hopefully their tradeable assets will have more value then.

Red_Man

The Bruins are now 1.3 million over the Cap, the Flyers are 2 mil over, the Sharks are 400,000 over. - Capgeek
Please move Marchand.

Philly upgraded all three areas this off season without losing any young players. In a year they might have to trade for a Dman or goalie but hopefully their tradeable assets will have more value then.
Putting Streit on a 2nd pairing and having a goalie tandem of Mason / Emery is upgrading? Good luck with that.

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1 min
#RedWings D Brendan Smith filed for salary arbitration. Per Ken Holland, Wings will ask for 2-year deal, if it does go to arbitration.

Wonderful Smith, the arbitration probably will assign you less money than what Holland is offering now since you had a horrid season last year.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wonderful Smith, the arbitration probably will assign you less money than what Holland is offering now since you had a horrid season last year.
Hahah wtf is he thinking??? He's gonna be pissed that Holland wanted to sign him for less than Kindl or something? Guess what genius, you've barely played a full season and you were fucking terrible in doing so. Take what they give you and be happy for a few years.

It's not THAT bad.

If it's as bad as the 360 version it's too slow. That game has serious UI issues with speed and usability. I would take a year of no improvements to the hockey part of the product for significant work done on their back end. It's fucking shit.

Spl1nter

Good news for the Leafs that Franson didnt go to arbitration. Deal might be close.

Pretty sure only reason Liles is still on the team is because of his veteran presence and leadership.

Samyy

Franson didn't elect for arb, yes!!

If we can maintain our D corps, or even swap out liles for rielly for start of year... Leafs are laughing.

Phaneuf - Gunnarson
Franson - Gardiner
Reilly - Fraser

?

I don't know about that, hopefully they can take the next step defensively.

Top Bottom