• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Heretic

The Russians have superior training:

TudoFI3.gif

And look where that got him!

I wouldn't completely rule it out though. Jokerit from SM-Liiga is moving to the KHL in 2014. It's possible an SEL team could do the same at some point.
Sure it might be possible at some point but Finnish hockey is very different from Swedish. As long as the members rule the Swedish clubs, a club would have to be saved from certain bankruptcy for the members to even consider moving to the KHL at this point. Basically a Jokerit situation where an owner just decides to sell to rich russians is impossible, since you cant own a SEL team.

The only way I see possible in a short term future is a new team not tied to the icehockey federation at all, but I am not sure if that Is possible. Or maybe a team from the lower leagues.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I give it three years at the most until Kovalchuk attempts a comeback to the NHL.

ATF487

Kovalchuk: " Lets say the KHL offer has moved me.....TO A BIGGER HOUSE!"

Edit: For 20M? holy fuck Roenick can suck my nuts, I can get paid 3 times as much right now, and get to play in my home country in front of my family and friends, against weaker competition plus a lock for the Olympics. PEACE OUT.

He said the loud part quiet and the quiet part loud

If the KHL starts acquiring real talent there needs to be a cup winners cup with the stanley cup winners and the gagarin cup winners

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He said the loud part quiet and the quiet part loud

If the KHL starts acquiring real talent there needs to be a cup winners cup with the stanley cup winners and the gagarin cup winners

That already exists/existed for a short time. It's called the Victoria Cup. Winner of the NHL (optimally, but it's been more of a preseason game so far... Rangers 08 and Hawks 09) plays the winner of a tournament where the top teams from all the European leagues participate (think like the Champion's League in soccer).

I know this because the European Winner in 2009 (ZSC, Switzerland) beat the NHL winner (Blackhawks). (They won it the season that followed, but still :p )

Big part due to the game being in Zurich on European Ice and the Hawks probably being less motivated, but still. The format exists, and could be competitive.

ATF487

That already exists/existed for a short time. It's called the Victoria Cup. Winner of the NHL (optimally, but it's been more of a preseason game so far... Rangers 08 and Hawks 09) plays the winner of a tournament where the top teams from all the European leagues participate (think like the Champion's League in soccer).

I know this because the European Winner in 2009 (ZSC, Switzerland) beat the NHL winner (Blackhawks). (They won it the season that followed, but still :p )

Big part due to the game being in Zurich on European Ice and the Hawks probably being less motivated, but still. The format exists, and could be competitive.

Didn't know about this, thanks. Bring back the victoria cup!

on iihf sized ice

Dang it. :( Crazed, buy a ton for NHLGAF! Or anyone else! I'll give you... TWO cents for it

I haven't received my code yet, just my receipt, fingers crossed I hope. I would get more but I don't want to abuse it like some people are right now, plus I need to get some sleep here. As of now I'm not even sure if mine will go through or get cancelled. Sorry man.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I haven't received my code yet, just my receipt, fingers crossed I hope. I would get more but I don't want to abuse it like some people are right now, plus I need to get some sleep here. As of now I'm not even sure if mine will go through or get cancelled. Sorry man.

Yeah reading up on it, sounds like everyone except the very fast responders' orders are getting cancelled. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

Top Bottom