• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

NHL tweets continue to be on point

BO_UlQzCQAE86iA.png

I like him, hes basically a carbon copy of Chris Kelly when he was here, does everything so well but has hands of stone around the net, rarely hurts you and our best PKer.

Yep every team needs guys like that.

Although I think our PK might be fucked this year, losing Alfie and Silfverberg who played a lot on the PK. They were crazy lucky the goaltending was that good last year.

Need to stop taking so many penalties, it feels like this team spends one period out of three shorthanded.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yep every team needs guys like that.

Although I think our PK might be fucked this year, losing Alfie and Silfverberg who played a lot on the PK. They were crazy lucky the goaltending was that good last year.

Need to stop taking so many penalties, it feels like this team spends one period out of three shorthanded.

Yeah I am guessing Pageau would be replacing much of Silfver's minutes, but not sure whos going to replace Alfie's PK minutes, maybe Turris will get a larger role now that he doesnt have to play 1st line minutes plus 1st PP.

Won't Redden be honored by Ottawa at some point too?

Honored for what? Sure he was good here for a time and did lots of good charity work in town.

His game went south awfully fast, and he used his NTC to prevent us from trading him while he had value. Our only consolation was getting a good laugh at what Sather gave him.

Don't do drugs if you're a pro hockey player or you end up like him.

Ryan should have taken 11

Not gonna happen, that number will be retired in a few years time.

Yeah then it come back and decide to go to Detroit' rafters at the last minute.

LOL

I think it will blow over in a few years, people forget. One dick move doesn't undo 17 years of good.

People worship athletes a bit too much, they're ultimately loyal to themselves and their bank account first.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
LOL

I think it will blow over in a few years, people forget. One dick move doesn't undo 17 years of good.
People aren't going to forget their captain and franchise player bailing on the team. That being said I doubt it be much of an issue.

Honored for what? Sure he was good here for a time and did lots of good charity work in town.

His game went south awfully fast, and he used his NTC to prevent us from trading him while he had value. Our only consolation was getting a good laugh at what Sather gave him.

Don't do drugs if you're a pro hockey player or you end up like him.

Not gonna happen, that number will be retired in a few years time.

I always remember hearing rumblings of this, but only faintly. Could you expand?

People aren't going to forget their captain and franchise player bailing on the team. That being said I doubt it be much of an issue.

No they won't forget but the anger will subside. He was more than loyal to the team under contract. He was free to leave and unfortunately he did. Lots of franchise players leave their team and people get eventually get over it.

It's not like Yashin or Heatley who screwed the team over while they were under a contract they signed.

I always remember hearing rumblings of this, but only faintly. Could you expand?

When he played for the Sens I remember hearing constant rumors that he was a cokehead. I knew people who saw him around town at bars and they said he was high as a kite.

Supposedly we had a bunch of guys in the room at the time who were hooked on coke. Heatley, Emery, Redden and McGrattan were the names I heard the most often.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I want to know what his hookup is. I'm so confused.

Also first SSX game was awesome.
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe he idles for items, turns into metal, trades for keys ???, gets games, profit?

I've spent over $100 with him so far without issue so he's the guy I go to first now.

In the letter sent to the attorney general, they argue that, “It has come to our attention that individual members of the Glendale City Council may have undeclared conflicts of interest, financial ties, and the expectation of gain in regards to the financing of re-election efforts related to this recent agreement.”

Heh.

Maupin also called out Councilman Sam Chivera for telling his constituents one thing and doing the opposite.

“I can say for myself that I met with several councilmen before the vote and (Chivera) changed his vote,” the reverend said. “I don’t think it is a coincidence that his vote, or others, changed after maximum campaign contributions from Nick Woods (attorney for IceArizona) among others.”

Wasn't Chivera the guy who engaged in that horribly forced 'banter' with the lawyer from RSE?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
bonesmccoy said:
In the letter sent to the attorney general, they argue that, “It has come to our attention that individual members of the Glendale City Council may have undeclared conflicts of interest, financial ties, and the expectation of gain in regards to the financing of re-election efforts related to this recent agreement.”

:lol :lol :lol

Oh, Arizona.

I hope somehow these ties get back to Bettman. That would be amazing.

Top Bottom