• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Big-E

Why are NHL contracts so long?

It is a way to circumvent the cap. The contracts are front loaded so that they will get paid the most money in the short term but the hit to the cap averages out across the years so you could be paying someone more than their cap hit is allowed. They are trying to clamp down on this but its going to go back to this as owners are stupid.

Cake Boss

Banned
It is a way to circumvent the cap. The contracts are front loaded so that they will get paid the most money in the short term but the hit to the cap averages out across the years so you could be paying someone more than their cap hit is allowed. They are trying to clamp down on this but its going to go back to this as owners are stupid.

Those type of contracts are gone now.

Those type of contracts are gone now.

Yep, but players still want them; it's guaranteed money even if they get hurt or their performance bottoms out. And they can always ask for a trade later. Doesn't always work (ie: Luongo) but plenty of foolish owners out there that see no reason not to buy them out (even more easy money!)

A short contract only makes sense if you don't have leverage, or know a bigger deal is coming but the team can't clear cap space.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"@Logancouture: Yo @MileyCyrus, somehow you got me addicted to your song we can't stop. White pants in the video did it for me"
If Miley went for a hockey player, Couture would be at the bottom of the list.

lupin23rd

:lol

NHL-GAF, what are we drinking to tonight? I have a sixpack and a mood that wants it emptied.

Should we drink to the magnificent 1.00 PPG average in Kovulchuk's illustrious career? 816 points in 816 games is pretty amazing IMO.

or we could drink to the lost first round pick in next years draft may it rest in peace lol

I haven't been drinking anything. Been watching Evo all day. That SSF4AE hype!

gizD4hj.gif

The Devils appear to be closing in on signing unrestricted free agent forward Damien Brunner, according to a report out of Switzerland.

Nicola Berger of the Swiss newspaper Neue Luzerner Zeitung reported this morning that Brunner “appears to be headed” to the Devils and “they’re doing a lot of background work on him right now.” The 27-year-old native of Zurich Switzerland had 12 goals and 14 assists in 44 regular seaosn games for the Red Wings last season. He added five goals and four assists in 14 playoff games.

Prior to joining the Red Wings after the owners’ lockout, Brunner (5-11, 184 pounds) had 25 goals and 32 assists in 33 games for Zug in Switzerland in 2012-13.

Brunner was 2-for-7 on shootouts with two game-deciding goals in 2012-13.

- See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f....5QFLP0Sa.dpuf

.... Poor Brunner :(

I had a dream where Alfie was back, and playing along side Bobby the sex cannon Ryan....¿_¿

KBSlFp2.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still confused that EA is advertising fighting as a major feature of NHL 94 mode in NHL 14. Wasn't NHL 94 infamous for NOT having fighting?

*a few days late on this*

cube444

Lol two girls me and my buddy just met invited us back to their apartment to smoke weed and when I smoke weed and drink I always need to pass out so I went home and blew my chances at any poonani.

Lol...no way you are Forza. He would have stretched both of those boxes and would have left you a facial as you were passed out.

Top Bottom