• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Dopey hating on a super well respected dude because.....reasons?

I think you are starting to see a lot of push back in the threads about him because the hero worship has reached such ridiculous levels. Personally I think they are all corporate schills, so I dont put much stock in what any of them have to say.

Based on the evidence set in front of me. Gaf is having a circle jerk over Cerny, a number of threads pertaining to him/his comments have sprung up in a very short amount of time. People post in these threads to have said circle jerk and how he is the second coming with few facts actually thrown-in throughout but covered up mostly by "I <3 Cerny posts. Others invade to say how they are tired of these threads thus leading to more posts in these threads and eventually fanboy wars start up.

Fanboy wars ensue leading to death and destruction until only NHLGaf remains the last un-locked thread on all of GAF. NHLGaf rejoices, Wings win 2014 Stanley Cup, Cakeboss goes on drunken rampage at the sight of Alfie raising the cup on a team other than the Sens. Meteor strikes Earth. La Fin

Acid08

Banned
I think you are starting to see a lot of push back in the threads about him because the hero worship has reached such ridiculous levels. Personally I think they are all corporate schills, so I dont put much stock in what any of them have to say.
But unlike someone like Mattrick, Cerny is out there talking really specifically about the technical aspects of the console. I think that's why he's getting so much praise. Sure it's all marketing at the end of the day but Cerny has been around forever doing this thang, this isn't J Allard trying to get real with you at E3 in his jacket+sweatshirt, one ear pierced uniform. Gaming Gaf is super annoying though, for sure.

But unlike someone like Mattrick, Cerny is out there talking really specifically about the technical aspects of the console. I think that's why he's getting so much praise. Sure it's all marketing at the end of the day but Cerny has been around forever doing this thang, this isn't J Allard trying to get real with you at E3 in his jacket+sweatshirt, one ear pierced uniform. Gaming Gaf is super annoying though, for sure.

Oh I agree, and I hope that Dopey was just joking about Mattrick being better. Everyone hated Don, even Xbox fans. On podcast unlocked last week they talked about how happy they were that he was leaving and those guys never say anything negative about anyone.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not enough Nintendoomed and fanboys defending it. OLIMAR IN SMASH CONFIRMED! WII U SAVED!

Goddamn grasping here...

I actually don't care either way about Cerny; I'm just glad Sony pulled its head out of its ass and is coming back strong.

Past few years for me the playtime has been
PC
PS3 only exclusives
3DS this could've been 2nd
Vita Dragon's Crown looks good
Wii/Wii U some old games I missed. Though the Wii U is a joke
360 Nothing on this I want that I don't have for my PC

Acid08

Banned
Not enough Nintendoomed and fanboys defending it. OLIMAR IN SMASH CONFIRMED! WII U SAVED!

Goddamn grasping here...

I actually don't care either way about Cerny; I'm just glad Sony pulled its head out of its ass and is coming back strong.

Past few years for me the playtime has been
PC
PS3 only exclusives
3DS this could've been 2nd
Vita Dragon's Crown looks good
Wii/Wii U some old games I missed. Though the Wii U is a joke
360 Nothing on this I want that I don't have for my PC
I need to get a Vita soon. There's enough I want on it now to justify the purchase.

CCF23

We've hit the dark days of the offseason where we're on Damien Brunner, Mason Raymond, and Jaromir Jagr watch.

Training Camp can't start fast enough.

Cake Boss

Banned
Username checks out as being one of them.

image.php

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm old school Cerny; i.e., I found out who he was during the February PS4 event along with 99% of the rest of GAF.

Top Bottom