• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Socreges

Banned
Should trade for Glass and Moore.

Deploy a bottom line of Ivy-leaguers.
bertuzzi3.jpg

"Work?"

calder

Which mod do I PM to get a Canucks fan banned for victim blaming or lack of a trigger warning or whatever they're doing in OT Classic now....

Shit. I have the old Mod Hot Button Issue Matrix. You're safe Soc... for now.

calder

I've offered to paypal him $5 for every Canucks fan he bans but he's incorruptible. Well, almost, he did pocket a few bucks on my "$1 for a Leafs fan" bounty program but I suspect most of them were Manics alts. Still worth it imo.

bish, again let's talk bulk prices. I'll go as high as $7 a ban for a 7 dayer if I can pick the poster - just to make it easier/funnier I'll limit myself to only fans of Canadian teams.

calder

That's kinda weird. Normally if some ex-player joins a front office and is either useless as fuck (super common I'm sure) or clashes with the actual front office guys who don't give a shit who snapped who's ass with a towel in '89 the team normally just shuffles them off into one of the dead-end community relation positions. To actually get rid of a guy like that is a bit unusual, granted Hextall was more than the typical figurehead former player so maybe he lost a behind the scenes power scrum. Or maybe the Flyers remember they hate all goalies?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's kinda weird. Normally if some ex-player joins a front office and is either useless as fuck (super common I'm sure) or clashes with the actual front office guys who don't give a shit who snapped who's ass with a towel in '89 the team normally just shuffles them off into one of the dead-end community relation positions. To actually get rid of a guy like that is a bit unusual, granted Hextall was more than the typical figurehead former player so maybe he lost a behind the scenes power scrum. Or maybe the Flyers remember they hate all goalies?
It was a joke about the Flyers use of buyouts, Hextall was just brought in today :lol

Brendan Smith re-signs for 2 years 2.525 total (1.2625 per year)

Nice!! Much less than I was expecting and if he can bounce back after last year (he has tons of potential and at times we saw glimpses of it, but he sucked last year) then that could be very nice for us. Kinda glad he sucked last year so it kept the amount down.

Socreges

Banned
I've offered to paypal him $5 for every Canucks fan he bans but he's incorruptible. Well, almost, he did pocket a few bucks on my "$1 for a Leafs fan" bounty program but I suspect most of them were Manics alts. Still worth it imo.

bish, again let's talk bulk prices. I'll go as high as $7 a ban for a 7 dayer if I can pick the poster - just to make it easier/funnier I'll limit myself to only fans of Canadian teams.
Couldn't help but hear "Runaway Train" in my head as I read this post

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers sign goalie Jacob Markstrom to a two-year deal; first year is a 2-way deal, second is a one-way...Mike Santos confirms

Bueno. No details on amounts yet, but it sounds like we're still looking to add a goalie to properly challange Markstrom for the starter. Clemm is the roadblock there so a 2-way in case for Markstrom on the 1st year. Great signing.

http://washpost.bloomberg.com/Story?docId=1376-MPZOF16TTDVH01-4JP1FK7VOBAE80ALNQDKIUG97F

Tim Leiweke, the new chief of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd., is so confident the Toronto Maple Leafs will soon end a 46-year Stanley Cup drought that he’s mapped a victory-parade route for the hockey team.

“I have it planned out and it’s going to be fantastic,” Leiweke said today in his first interview since taking over the Toronto-based sports group, which owns the city’s National Hockey League franchise, as well as the Raptors basketball team and Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC. While employees at MLSE were a little shocked he mentioned winning the Stanley Cup so soon after starting the job on June 3, Leiweke said the company has to focus on results.

Plan the parade LOL

Quick

Banned
He's got confidence I'll give him that.

I kinda like him so far from what I've seen. The media is already trying to find cracks in him and failing hard.

He seems to be doing the right things.

Though, I do think he could've handled the Bryan Colangelo thing a little better. At the same time, Colangelo needed to GTFO. Certainly did that pretty quickly.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He seems to be doing the right things.

Though, I do think he could've handled the Bryan Colangelo thing a little better. At the same time, Colangelo needed to GTFO. Certainly did that pretty quickly.

Yeah so far his only "big" misstep and even that it was more media fueled then with the fans.

RC

Banned
Deus Ex: HR for 2.99.- . Buy it. great AAA title for dirt cheap.

I bought it last year when it was $4.99. Still haven't it played it. Should've waited.

Buy UT2004. It's only $3.79. Small price to pay for one of the greatest competitive FPS's of all time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I bought it last year when it was $4.99. Still haven't it played it. Should've waited.

Buy UT2004. It's only $3.79. Small price to pay for one of the greatest competitive FPS's of all time.

Wrong. Should've played it.

That's a dark path to go down Desi. I try not to think it. You will find no happiness there.

On the bright side, SMT4 should be waiting for me at home, 1 day before street release date. Thanks Futureshop E3 pre-order!

calder

Parade planned out lmao well done leiweke. Hard parts over, someone pop some champagne!

Picked up Deus Ex pack and Reus out of a sense of rhythmic symmetry. I've been surprisingly thrifty so far, mostly $5-$10 games. Managed to pass on Metro: LL (thanks BestBuy, I know refuse to pay more than a dollar lol) and that Wargame RTS for 20 bucks. I am a rock, fuck you Gabe.

Smiley90

Oh man, this limited edition of SMT4 i amazing. Game, Soundtrack and a HUGE Strategy&Design book. Awwwww yiss. This will bridge the gap until Pokemon comes out beautifully.

Parade planned out lmao well done leiweke. Hard parts over, someone pop some champagne!

Picked up Deus Ex pack and Reus out of a sense of rhythmic symmetry. I've been surprisingly thrifty so far, mostly $5-$10 games. Managed to pass on Metro: LL (thanks BestBuy, I know refuse to pay more than a dollar lol) and that Wargame RTS for 20 bucks. I am a rock, fuck you Gabe.

Good choice. Great little RTS that's easy to pick up/hard to master. A lot of fun.

Smiley90

I couldn't help myself.

Reus, Dishonored and Wargame: Air Land Battle.

I've probably breached $100 already.

I want Air Land Battle but 50% isn't enough. I saw European Escalation (the predecessor) is 75% off for 4.99 so I bought that one instead.

That's how it's done.

Not really, but I like to think I did the right thing.

Samyy

Oh man, this limited edition of SMT4 i amazing. Game, Soundtrack and a HUGE Strategy&Design book. Awwwww yiss. This will bridge the gap until Pokemon comes out beautifully.

Dammit, im on the fence about SMT 4...
Mainly because it might be bad if I spent more money right now but...

Top Bottom