• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Acid08

Banned
I bought it last year when it was $4.99. Still haven't it played it. Should've waited.

Buy UT2004. It's only $3.79. Small price to pay for one of the greatest competitive FPS's of all time.
OH man we should get done UT2k4 games going. I'm probably awful at it by now, haven't played in so long.

Acid08

Banned
https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do

Gold&Platinum Gifts are out now, too...

Calendar, Super Smash Bros., Warioware Showcase (wat?), Zelda: Link's Awakening, Super Mario Land (lol) and Sakura Samurai for Gold... eh. Platinum gets three extra posters and a Zelda soundtrack.
Bunch of bullshit. Will probably get Mario Land because I played it when I was a kid and want to see how terrible it is now. Sucks they couldn't have even given us the second game though.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
All these gifts suck.

What is Super Smash Bros.?

The N64 game on the Wii VC most likely.

I've done pretty well with the Steam sale so far, only Hotline Miami, The Walking Dead, and Portal 2. Almost jumped on others like Just Cause 2 but I know I'll never get around to playing it.

Samyy

The N64 game on the Wii VC most likely.

I've done pretty well with the Steam sale so far, only Hotline Miami, The Walking Dead, and Portal 2. Almost jumped on others like Just Cause 2 but I know I'll never get around to playing it.

Portal 2 is one of my favourite games :D
Sooooooo good

RC

Banned
OH man we should get done UT2k4 games going. I'm probably awful at it by now, haven't played in so long.

I'm down. I've been playing UT2004 off and on since 2005. Stuck to playing Onslaught and VCTF now, nobody plays anything else.

How about some 1 on 1 DM-Rankin Acid?

Curufinwe

I have the Xbox version, got it when it was 10 bucks on the MS sale (which it is the same price as it is on steam on sale). Though I have Max Payne 1 and 2 for PC.

I got MP1 and 2 in last year's Steam sale and thought they were great, although MP1 was bloody hard. But the only Rockstar games I like are Midnight Club 2 and LA, so I've never played MP3.

Socreges

Banned
Parade planned out lmao well done leiweke. Hard parts over, someone pop some champagne!

Picked up Deus Ex pack and Reus out of a sense of rhythmic symmetry. I've been surprisingly thrifty so far, mostly $5-$10 games. Managed to pass on Metro: LL (thanks BestBuy, I know refuse to pay more than a dollar lol) and that Wargame RTS for 20 bucks. I am a rock, fuck you Gabe.
Dishonored is like 17 cents over my limit of $10 so I've managed so far to pass on it. But the dailies last 48 hours so I'll probably cave in a moment of weakness.

Otherwise yeah, my range has been $2.50 - $7.50. There's a chance I might never play any of these so I've artificially set $10 as the most I'd throw at a game that I may never touch.

Which Wargame RTS do you mean?

Edit - I see now. Never heard of it

ShaneB

My damage is still only Fez and Pinball FX2 tables.
wtzgU.gif
I've smartened up and realize I barely play any of this stuff, so I can hold off anything that isn't 5 bucks.

Acid08

Banned
I still have zero idea what SMT IV actually is but I feel like I should buy it. For reference, the only SMT games I've played are the Persona series and like half of Nocturne when it came out.

Erdrick

SMTIII was my 2nd favourite rpg other than DQ8 On the ps2. Just think of the SMT games as demonic pokemon games and you should have an idea what to expect. They can be brutally unforgiving (like watching the Jets try to keep up with the Pens for the most part of the past 2 seasons.) but they are so well made and just full of huge and interesting plots and concepts... Much moreso than the spinoff games like Persona and Devil Summoner. I'm heading to pick my copy up this morning and look forward to another 75-100 adventure.

Socreges

Banned
I still have zero idea what SMT IV actually is but I feel like I should buy it. For reference, the only SMT games I've played are the Persona series and like half of Nocturne when it came out.
From my experience, having played neither series at all, SMT seems more raw and risky while Persona has better presentation and fluff.

I'll grab SMTIV once it drops in price since it comes with that $30 credit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

You should.

You;ve played previous games, so you should know what to expect?

This is my first SMT game... But I've been playing for the past few hours. It's pretty damn good.

Goddammit, I bought waaaaayy too many games during the Steam sale for someone who doesn't play games anymore

Just bought UT2K4 though and really excited to see some of you did the same. One of my favorite fps of all time

Also bought Psychonauts and Borderlands 2, among others..

RC

Banned
Goddammit, I bought waaaaayy too many games during the Steam sale for someone who doesn't play games anymore

Just bought UT2K4 though and really excited to see some of you did the same. One of my favorite fps of all time

Also bought Psychonauts and Borderlands 2, among others..

Oh yeah! We all gotta play some DM-Rankin some time.

Curufinwe

I'm interested in SMT IV, but I will have to wait till my wife gets tired of Animal Crossing and the 3DS XL becomes available again. I can't justify buying a second 3DS to play it when I still have Gravity Rush and VLR to play on my Vita. Gravity Rush is kind of a slog, though.

These are the SMT games I've completed. I never got around to playing Nocturne.

Persona 3
Persona 3 FES
Persona 4
Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon
Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
Devil Survivor 1 and 2
Persona 4 Golden

Apparently Markström signed a one way contract, two years long and worth 2.4 million dollars total. Seems really cheap but what do I know.

And Elias Lindholm have signed with Carolina, seems like he is leaving this year :(

Apparently Markström signed a one way contract, two years long and worth 2.4 million dollars total. Seems really cheap but what do I know.

And Elias Lindholm have signed with Carolina, seems like he is leaving this year :(
Yup 1st year is 2-way and second is 1-way (900k max 2-way and 1.4 2nd year). It's "cheap" because it his second pro contract. He will still be RFA once that is over and should earn the big bucks with that one. The 2-way part is to keep the options open and to keep Markstrom motivated, Santos said he has earn that spot still. Though given the current competition it won't be an issue.

Osorio

I just handed in my deposit for a loft a few blocks from the Prudential Center.

That's essentially a season ticket considering how many no-shows there's going to be.

$0 spent on Steam so far, though Trine 2 and Deus Ex tempted me (if they come back as Dailies I'll have a hard time resisting).

Might jump on a 4-pack of Castle Crashers. Does anyone know if it has good replay value?

calder

Mildly interesting mid-summer puff piece from The Score - Ranking the desirability of all 30 NHL destinations to unrestricted free agents

Every team in the league is offering you the exact same dollar amount. Who cares what it is – just assume you’re going to be a fairly rich person, given that every team in the league wants you.

From a general standpoint over the next few years, what would be the most appealing team in the league to sign with, given the city and it’s weather, the team’s chances of winning the Cup (or of at least being a playoff team), the fans, the building, your teammates, just every general thing?

SPOILER: he ranks Winnipeg 28th, which is actually pretty kind of him frankly lol. Also, SPOILER the list is too long for me to bother pasting just the results. Boston #1 (insane), Toronto #7, Calgary #30 (BC writer bias omg).

Pretty typical listing for most people, but I think, like a lot of fans/media types, he drastically underestimates how much most NHLers dislike the fishbowl aspect of playing in the biggest media markets (read: Canadian cities). Also I think you could get a more accurate "FA desirability listing" by hitting wikipedia and sorting a table based on total income taxes by location. But what would the fun be in that.

EDIT oh and I bought the hell out of The Secret World and it's downloading at home now. Does anyone play that still? I wanted a new MMO but didn't want a huge commitment, this seems like a decent option. The setting and lore really appeals to me at least.

Dishonored for $10.19?

TEMPTATION.

Rev, where you at? I need your opinion.

I'm not Rev, but I will tell you that Dishonored is an excellent purchase at that price.

I just bought Rising Storm, and with that, my Steam sale purchasing spree is over.

I hope.

Wow, that was pretty awkwardly written. As calder says, there are lots of other reasons to consider franchises. Not just avoiding the limelight, but things like, oh, salary cap space (can they pay you long term) coaching situation, your playing time, etc.

Mildly interesting mid-summer puff piece from The Score - Ranking the desirability of all 30 NHL destinations to unrestricted free agents

SPOILER: he ranks Winnipeg 28th, which is actually pretty kind of him frankly lol. Also, SPOILER the list is too long for me to bother pasting just the results. Boston #1 (insane), Toronto #7, Calgary #30 (BC writer bias omg).

Pretty typical listing for most people, but I think, like a lot of fans/media types, he drastically underestimates how much most NHLers dislike the fishbowl aspect of playing in the biggest media markets (read: Canadian cities). Also I think you could get a more accurate "FA desirability listing" by hitting wikipedia and sorting a table based on total income taxes by location. But what would the fun be in that.

EDIT oh and I bought the hell out of The Secret World and it's downloading at home now. Does anyone play that still? I wanted a new MMO but didn't want a huge commitment, this seems like a decent option. The setting and lore really appeals to me at least.

TSW is a good way to spend a month. I really liked the progression system and some of the questlines were very well done. There's a good balance of combat and puzzle solving in quests.

Just don't expect much from it as an MMO. I enjoyed my month of relatively single player content, didn't hit max and didn't care. The difference in quality between zones is pretty stark sometimes though. You'll hit some repetitive "kill X of Y" lulls that are effectively bridging the interesting content.

calder

TSW is a good way to spend a month. I really liked the progression system and some of the questlines were very well done. There's a good balance of combat and puzzle solving in quests.

Just don't expect much from it as an MMO. I enjoyed my month of relatively single player content, didn't hit max and didn't care. The difference in quality between zones is pretty stark sometimes though. You'll hit some repetitive "kill X of Y" lulls that are effectively bridging the interesting content.

Cool, good to know going in. Sounds like for $15 it should be just fine for me, a month of good content as a largely SP game with MMO trappings works for me. I played WoW for over a month before I spoke to anyone or even acknowledged that I wasn't alone. ;)

Top Bottom