• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This game is hard, I've died 4 times in the beginning dungeon try to recruit demons :( finally got past that though

It's my first Atlus game, so... Same. I died like 6 times in the tutorial, until I got the hang of everything.

Now I'm trying to figure out which demons are worth keeping/fusing and how to make the best of fusions, more or less.

Also fuck demons that take my stuff and theb just run away with everything. :(

MutFox

Banned
I bought the whole Deus Ex collection,
which includes the DLC for Human Revolution for $5.99...

Was pretty sure I wasn't gonna buy anything on the Steam sale...

Plus I was gifted Sonic Racing Transformed... :|

I need to wait thirty days to sell it or give it away. Can someone explain what these cards do? If it doesn't apply to me (which I highly doubt it will) I will gladly sell it for 20 bucks

It does look like the paris one

8pGHd11.png

I really don't understand what the deal is with the Steam cards, so you sell them for like a dollar to people but the only real benefit for having them is you get a coupon or maybe a badge? Still somewhat confused by what they are.

Detroit at 11, they should be #1 for the organization except you know you may get shot walking to get the mail.
surprised to see the Canes that low. everything we hear is that the organization treats the players great and it's a desirable location from that aspect. I can see where the playoff drought has an impact though.

ShaneB

I don't get the point of saying "you don't know what they're for", they're for leveling your steam profile, fancy wallpapers and cool badges and etc etc.

.... it's more proper to say you don't care about them. They have a purpose (aka make money selling them), but you should just say you don't care about them :p

Socreges

Banned
I don't get the point of saying "you don't know what they're for", they're for leveling your steam profile, fancy wallpapers and cool badges and etc etc.

.... it's more proper to say you don't care about them. They have a purpose (aka make money selling them), but you should just say you don't care about them :p
Fancy wallpapers! Cool badges!

Maybe he.... didn't know what they're for? I definitely didn't, until I found and clicked on the main thread, convinced as I was that there must be some sort of actual, tangible benefit that justifies the amount of time and energy some people are spending on collecting them.

....nope.

ShaneB

There is a big banner on the store page that takes you to the trading card info page. If you're on the Steam store, you should certainly able to see it and find out what the cards are for.

But yes, I concur that it's not worth the time and effort and money people are putting into it. But of course, there are people who have thousands of games on Steam and buy every single thing, so... yeah.

Heretic

Leveling your profile?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I only looked at them in my inventory when I earned them and it doesn't tell you any of that.

Socreges

Banned
Leveling your profile?
What is the point of my Steam Level?
The Steam Level is a quick way for users to see how much someone has invested in their Steam account. We have just a few different ways to get badges right now, but we hope to expand that to include all the different ways users contribute.
What are the direct benefits of my Steam Level?
You get more options to customize your profile, and the maximum number of friends you can have on your friends list increases.
In other words, increasing ShaneB's e-peen so he can treat us low-level plebs like idiots.

ShaneB

That proves my point, you need to actually go to that page to learn what they do, the inventory page where they're found says nothing. I'm lazy, but my original post stands, I had no idea what they did, and I also don't care :p

So you say you don't know what they do, and then you say you're too lazy to read about it? ok =/

In other words, increasing ShaneB's e-peen so he can treat us low-level plebs like idiots.

not really. my profile is level 11 and it'll stay there for a while. I stopped caring about cards after I sold a bunch during the beta and made some money.

There is a big banner on the store page that takes you to the trading card info page. If you're on the Steam store, you should certainly able to see it and find out what the cards are for.

But yes, I concur that it's not worth the time and effort and money people are putting into it. But of course, there are people who have thousands of games on Steam and buy every single thing, so... yeah.

Is anything really worth the time and effort people put into shit? I mean this is really dumb but come on.

Socreges

Banned
not really. my profile is level 11 and it'll stay there for a while. I stopped caring about cards after I sold a bunch during the beta and made some money.
Then stop talking down to people who don't care enough to investigate?

Take 60 cards, sell for 20 cents each, make $12.
How long would it take to collect 60 cards? How much energy in idling? Reminds me of people scrambling to fill up their car when gas drops 4c.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So you say you don't know what they do, and then you say you're too lazy to read about it? ok =/

Yes, those two statements don't contradict one another.

I still fault Steam for not providing information in the inventory, but I'm willing to acknowledge my laziness.

Razorskin

----- ------
How long would it take to collect 60 cards? How much energy in idling? Reminds me of people scrambling to fill up their car when gas drops 4c.

Play the game, enjoy yourself and maybe after a few hours you'll get all your drops for that particular game. You want to collect cards without playing? Open game, alt tab out and leave it there running and eventually you'll get your drops.

As for the time it takes, it varies, you could get your drops quickly or slowly, and you could speed up the process by idling many games at once.

Heretic

Can't believe he has more Stanley Cups than Teemu...

I've always felt you have a higher chance at winning the cup if you're a mediocre player for the simple fact that you get moved quite a bit.

Top Bottom