• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Socreges

Banned
Can't believe he has more Stanley Cups than Teemu...

I've always felt you have a higher chance at winning the cup if you're a mediocre player for the simple fact that you get moved quite a bit.
Well, mediocre players aren't usually the ones that get moved to contenders at the deadline. And just the act of switching teams doesn't increase your odds on its own since, averaged out, all teams have a 1/30 chance of winning the Cup. Better to be a good player that helps your team win the Cup than one riding the coattails of others. Mediocre players also leave the NHL sooner as they're replaced with younger players.

And then there's Phil Housley. Great player, 8 teams, 0 Cups.

I'd like to believe that Pancakes was just a secret agent for the Ducks this whole time and purposefully did terribly on the Kings for our sake.

not really. my profile is level 11 and it'll stay there for a while. I stopped caring about cards after I sold a bunch during the beta and made some money.

Oh ok, so you're just being a twat then. Next.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Going to be in Toronto for the next 5-6 days, if I see a black cat walking around ill feed him some waffles.

Can't believe he has more Stanley Cups than Teemu...

I've always felt you have a higher chance at winning the cup if you're a mediocre player for the simple fact that you get moved quite a bit.
Benoit Pouliot has a thing or two to say about this.

Samyy

It's my first Atlus game, so... Same. I died like 6 times in the tutorial, until I got the hang of everything.

Now I'm trying to figure out which demons are worth keeping/fusing and how to make the best of fusions, more or less.

Also fuck demons that take my stuff and theb just run away with everything

Wayyyy frustrating :( happened to me a crazy amount of times. Sucks especially since currency seems hard to collect.

I need to start fusing more, pretty much just using the ones I found right now

P4d0q0y-e1374008720842.png

Speaking of Atlus, any Catherine fans in here? Replaying this for the first time in a few years, goddamn is it good. Hard as fuck at points though.

Erdrick

Speaking of Atlus, any Catherine fans in here? Replaying this for the first time in a few years, goddamn is it good. Hard as fuck at points though.

Loved the game when I played it... 2 years ago in the summer? I would have rather played the whole game in the bar though. Loved the music in there. Also nice to have a main character who isn't some 15 year old. You're dead on about the difficulty. Much like Tetris, I got to the point where I was thinking of puzzle solutions whenever I closed my eyes haha. One of my favourites, that's for sure.

Loved the game when I played it... 2 years ago in the summer? I would have rather played the whole game in the bar though. Loved the music in there. Also nice to have a main character who isn't some 15 year old. You're dead on about the difficulty. Much like Tetris, I got to the point where I was thinking of puzzle solutions whenever I closed my eyes haha. One of my favourites, that's for sure.

The bar part really has a whole adventure game vibe to it which I loved. The most annoying thing is when the bottom is about to drop out from underneath you, I say "let me pause and get a chance to figure this out", and of course, the pause screen covers over everything - FUCK.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The bar part really has a whole adventure game vibe to it which I loved. The most annoying thing is when the bottom is about to drop out from underneath you, I say "let me pause and get a chance to figure this out", and of course, the pause screen covers over everything - FUCK.
I liked the more mature storyline, but then....well...shit...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Never actually played it, the gameplay didn't really seem that interesting to me. Story is probably great though.

That's basically it for me yeah. The gameplay was meh, but the story was great. Didn't know it was made by Atlus!

Montresor

Phone with wifi?

Hah, yep, that was really the most obvious solution (re: how do I adjust router settings without a computer).

I'm really getting nowhere in gaming side's achievement/trophy thread asking for tips, so I'll ask NHL-gaf instead.

Any tips for Halo Anniversary or Deadly Premonition? I'm about to start both games. I've never played a Halo game before. I was tempted to play on Legendary in Halo but I think I'm gonna dial it back to Heroic instead. I tried to look at an achievement road map for Deadly Premonition on xbox360achievements.org but it was spoiler-laden... I think it's pretty much a given that both games would be best played with three playthroughs. 1st: normal. 2nd: hardest. 3rd: if I still care, play on easy to clean up misc. achievements.

Montresor

Also, I really can't wait for Clarkson to play his first game as a Leaf. I know he's overpaid but he said all the right things at his press conference (heart on the ice, hard hat, Leaf fan for life, etc...).

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I really can't wait for Clarkson to play his first game as a Leaf. I know he's overpaid but he said all the right things at his press conference (heart on the ice, hard hat, Leaf fan for life, etc...).

He'll drop the gloves against Parros to try and prove himself in front of the Toronto crowd and get KO'd.

I was talking about the $8.275 million man, as were you.

Ah I was still thinking about the Bobby Ryan to Philly in 2 years comments

As for Giroux I'm sure they'd find a way to pull that off, teams to tend to find a way for a player like him. Of course i was kidding, no chance that ever happens.

Although with Holmgren who knows? Expect the unexpected.

Heretic

Any tips for Halo Anniversary or Deadly Premonition? I'm about to start both games. I've never played a Halo game before. I was tempted to play on Legendary in Halo but I think I'm gonna dial it back to Heroic instead. I tried to look at an achievement road map for Deadly Premonition on xbox360achievements.org but it was spoiler-laden... I think it's pretty much a given that both games would be best played with three playthroughs. 1st: normal. 2nd: hardest. 3rd: if I still care, play on easy to clean up misc. achievements.
First time playing Halo!? You're in for a treat, Monty!!! Heroic is the perfect difficulty in Halo games. Both the pistol and the plasma pistol are your best friends for getting through Legendary!

Let me know what you think when you're done! Looking forward to your opinion :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Hah, yep, that was really the most obvious solution (re: how do I adjust router settings without a computer).

I'm really getting nowhere in gaming side's achievement/trophy thread asking for tips, so I'll ask NHL-gaf instead.

Stick with this game. It's so good.

Cake Boss

Banned
Speaking of Babby, he had an interview this morning.

Q: Can you see yourself in a position to sign next year?

A: Absolutely!...You look at a team and see what they gave up (good young players and a draft pick), and you want to reward them for doing that...I want to be a part of the core...

-Tim Murray was in Anaheim when they drafted him
-When Getzlaf and Perry re-signed, told his girlfriend "I think we're outta here".
-Hinders you being on the trade block every year

Heretic

Speaking of Babby, he had an interview this morning.

What you didn't hear was that at the end of every sentence he mumble "for the 2-years that i'm here"

Edit: He's going to be a beast for you guys. Still stings when he posts something about the Sens on twitter...

Top Bottom