• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Curufinwe

Crosby
Sidney
Go Phoenix Coyotes
Screw You, Canada

Bettman's four divisions.

Atlantic
Northsoutheast
Central
Pacfific

img21767981_original_original_original.jpg

Samyy

He should buy SMT4 then.

He should, I have so much work to do for class but that game is so damn tempting, I keep popping into the thread on gaming side every 10 minutes :(

Almost done though, its going to be all SMT/FE/New Vegas for the next couple of months!

Quick

Banned
Just played the first bit of Dishonored. Controls are pretty straightforward, but it'll take some getting used to. Being a mostly console player, I'm way too used to a controller. The last game I played on PC for an extended amount of time was The Walking Dead from months ago and 400 Days a few days ago (which amounted to around an hour or so).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
EJ Hradek says no announcement about the schedule today.

Just played the first bit of Dishonored. Controls are pretty straightforward, but it'll take some getting used to. Being a mostly console player, I'm way too used to a controller. The last game I played on PC for an extended amount of time was The Walking Dead from months ago and 400 Days a few days ago (which amounted to around an hour or so).

You could just use a controller ya' know.

NO.

I MUST LEARN.

I think you have to remember that while there are some serious pride issues when it comes to PC games, the vast majority of games are developed with a controller in mind. There is no shame in plugging it in if that is what the developer intended.

Quick

Banned
I think you have to remember that while there are some serious pride issues when it comes to PC games, the vast majority of games are developed with a controller in mind. There is no shame in plugging it in if that is what the developer intended.

Haha, I know. I'm not suddenly this dickish PC gamer. I've never been an insane gamer, not enough to really care. Whatever feels comfortable is what I go with. In this case, it's honestly just giving myself time to get used to it again.

Going into more detail: the controls are mainly around the WSAD key. Left CTRL, left Shift, and F are the other main keys to press. Convenient.

I mostly avoided PC gaming because I kept thinking that my PC couldn't handle new games, but it just keeps surprising me. I assembled this Frankenstein of a machine 4-5 years ago. I mainly played TF2 and L4D, which isn't so taxing. Mass Effect 2 gave it a bit of a workout, but I think I just needed more RAM.

Sibylus

Banned
Any old wired 360 controller works pretty damned good on Windows, too. Plug it in and it'll install its drivers immediately, good to go.

Haha, I know. I'm not suddenly this dickish PC gamer. I've never been an insane gamer, not enough to really care. Whatever feels comfortable is what I go with. In this case, it's honestly just giving myself time to get used to it again.

Going into more detail: the controls are mainly around the WSAD key. Left CTRL, left Shift, and F are the other main keys to press. Convenient.

I mostly avoided PC gaming because I kept thinking that my PC couldn't handle new games, but it just keeps surprising me. I assembled this Frankenstein of a machine 4-5 years ago. I mainly played TF2 and L4D, which isn't so taxing. Mass Effect 2 gave it a bit of a workout, but I think I just needed more RAM.

I actually had a mindblowing experience today thanks to the steam sale where I realized my CPU is severely underclocked and the past year I've spent not playing decent games on this laptop has been wasted.

I woke up from a day nap and had a dream the Hawks won the Stanley Cup 3 years in a row. I seriously woke up angry and ready to punch a hawk fan in the face.......

Socreges

Banned
Currently considering spending $1500+ on a gaming rig. I need a new laptop/PC and thought if I was going to do it, I'd do it right.

I'm going to regret this. In too deep now, though.

What are you guys running?

Top Bottom