• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Var

GOD DAMN WINDOWS 8 SUCKS

This is correct.

I built a pretty decent pc about two years ago for around a thousand that would play nearly everything on max settings at 60fps. The only upgrade I have done since is getting a 7970 for it. I didn't need the 7970 but it was new and shiny and I caved.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Windows '95 was fucking awesome, what the hell. The Weezer video, that 3D/first-person maze thing; you know, the important stuff.

I spent $2100 on my gaming PC 2 years ago. I overpaid though because I wanted a really nice looking case so I could put it in my entertainment center.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm no "power user", but I like Windows 8 (shill). The start menu is overrated. I also use a touch mouse, which works great for the gestures. 8.1 should fix some issues people have with it as well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Consensus was that it was enough for my rig.

The problem with that attitude is that if you want to upgrade a hardware component, you have to keep remembering your PSU.

It's a smart call to just buy a really good PSU right off the bat and not having to replace it.

Socreges

Banned
Consensus was wrong. This day and age, you should get at least a 600W.

Also, what the fuck Acid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q94RPPw9jS0
nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

*remembers the Sharks' million PPs against the Canucks*

cage32.gif

That's a billion times better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8B6Bc9dz6I
wuhwhat.gif

Quick

Banned
The Witcher 2 is on the Flash Sales on Steam for $4.99 (75% off).

Tempting, but I honestly have no motivation to play it after playing up to around half the story on the 360.

calder

Only $1500? My PC cost $2000+a good $1000 in upgrades since 2008. PC gaming is stupid and so am I.

Mine was about $1500 last year but I needed two 24' monitors. The GPU was a bit underpowered the day I got it though, need to update that fairly soon. :|

George Burns was right, PC gaming is a hideous bitch-goddess.

Petro has directed his camp to focus solely on an extension with the Blues and is not seeking an offersheet.

Stewart goes to arbitration on the 22nd and supposedly wants 5m per (fuck me).

Edit: Stewart also rejected a 5yr 4.125m contract identical to Oshie's. Who cares about disappearing at the end of the season?

Curufinwe

Hockey Central has some suggested lineups for Canada's Olympic team.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/hockey-central-team-canada-sochi-olympic-rosters/

The depth and overall quality is sky-high, except in goal. Giroux and Crosby playing on the same line would be interesting...

NEIL SMITH’S 2014 OLYMPIC ROSTER
Forwards

Patrick Marleau Sidney Crosby Claude Giroux
Eric Staal Steven Stamkos Rick Nash
Logan Couture John Tavares Corey Perry
Taylor Hall Jonathan Toews Ryan Getzlaf
Jordan Staal Patrick Sharp
Defencemen
Shea Weber Drew Doughty
Duncan Keith Marc Staal
Alex Pietrangelo Mike Green
P.K. Subban Kris Letang
Goaltenders
Carey Price Roberto Luongo Marc-Andre Fleury

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Congrats US on the gold if those are our goalies.

I spot an Olympic Gold Medal Starter in there.

We'll see how Luongo plays as the undisputable Nr1 again, the starter job is his to lose.

Those forwards are a sight to behold though, damn.

Curufinwe

The team initially listed had Carey Price, Martin Brodeur and Cam Ward as the goalies, which is pretty bad. But I replaced it with a team I liked better.

Congrats US on the gold if those are our goalies.

Well Luongo will get an invite just because of the 2010 games but that's sad if the best we can do is Price and Marc Andre Failure.

I'd take a shot at Crawford, at least he has been good lately unlike the others.

NEIL SMITH’S 2014 OLYMPIC ROSTER
Forwards

Patrick Marleau Sidney Crosby Claude Giroux
Eric Staal Steven Stamkos Rick Nash
Logan Couture John Tavares Corey Perry
Taylor Hall Jonathan Toews Ryan Getzlaf
Jordan Staal Patrick Sharp
Defencemen
Shea Weber Drew Doughty
Duncan Keith Marc Staal
Alex Pietrangelo Mike Green
P.K. Subban Kris Letang
Goaltenders
Carey Price Roberto Luongo Marc-Andre Fleury

- Do we have some mandate to have all 3 Staal brothers there? Take Eric if you have to, fuck off with the other 2.
- LOL @ Mike Green in there. They should keep the Keith+Seabrook pairing from before at least you know they play well together.
- Bergeron should be there for faceoffs and well he's damn good and underrated
- Not a diss on the player but we don't need PK "50% Norris" Subban in there losing his cool and trying to hit everyone in sight. International refs aren't going to put up with that shit. Don't need any loose cannons on the team.
- I don't know why need any of the Oilers players on the team who have never seen a playoff game.

Canada has unreal depth at forward (see: Toews as a fourth-line centre). Defense is a little iffy past the top 4 (why put an injured Marc Staal in there?)

Luongo, Price, and Fleury don't inspire a lot of confidence though. We'll see how Crawford plays next year; he could be a dark horse.

Cake Boss

Banned
He must have edited it, the post I quoted to had Ward, Price and Brodeur.

I would go Luongo, Crawford, Price if he returns to form this season or Ward if he doesnt.

I would go Luongo, Crawford, Price if he returns to form this season or Ward if he doesnt.

I'd go Luongo, Crawford and Holtby. Luongo for the experience but I'd say Crawford and Holtby have been the best Canadian goalies lately(don't remember Holtby shitting the bed for Washington).

Price isn't a playoff goalie IMO, never won a playoff series and even in his best NHL playoff season he let in 3 GWG in OT against Boston.

Ward has been injured lately and hasn't been lights out since the Cup win.

Dunno.

Socreges

Banned
The selection is in December right? Those first three months of the season will decide a lot. I'm guessing Hockey Canada already have a short list of 5-7 goalies or so and the ones that perform the best at the start of the season will get the call. I think Luongo and Price will get some forgiveness, though, if they're a bit behind a guy like, say, Smith. And the third is definitely up in the air.

Top Bottom