• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

I thought I have seen it all in this website, but there is a guy that apparently hates blowjobs in one of the threads in OT. Jesus.
What. Did he get head from a Lamprey?

And Scoreges. We know why Canada masses it's population on the US border. We've seen Canadian Bacon, we know what you are planning.

Was more thinking when Canadians look to America. Most Americans acknowledge Canada's superiority.

Yeah, it's superiority for a liberal pot smoking hippie breeding ground. Abortions for everyone and marijuana cigarettes for everyone else. Gimme a break. Not like here in the good ol' AU of S. Guns? You betcha, got a whole 5 tonne o' freedom meat pies and my licensed hobby pistol right here. Ain' no OBAMA gon' tell ME what to do. The ACL dun good for our country which our brave troops fought hard for in Gallipoli. If it weren't for the ACL keeping their good christian values in our society who knows how corrupt our government would become.

calder

Hockey Central has some suggested lineups for Canada's Olympic team.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/hockey-central-team-canada-sochi-olympic-rosters/

The depth and overall quality is sky-high, except in goal. Giroux and Crosby playing on the same line would be interesting...

NEIL SMITH’S 2014 OLYMPIC ROSTER
Forwards

Patrick Marleau Sidney Crosby Claude Giroux
Eric Staal Steven Stamkos Rick Nash
Logan Couture John Tavares Corey Perry
Taylor Hall Jonathan Toews Ryan Getzlaf
Jordan Staal Patrick Sharp
Defencemen
Shea Weber Drew Doughty
Duncan Keith Marc Staal
Alex Pietrangelo Mike Green
P.K. Subban Kris Letang
Goaltenders
Carey Price Roberto Luongo Marc-Andre Fleury

Huh I missed this when it was posted this morni-ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? Granted Neil Smith is a gigantic know-nothing and every single second he's speaking on TV he gives you the impression of a guy who barely even watches hockey now but what the shit. MAF alone means he hasn't even been scanning the headlines of the website he works for, jesus.

The forwards are decent, despite leaving national hero/hearthrob Andrew Ladd off somehow (sorry Staal #2, extra vacation for you mid-season). The defense is generally ok with a wtf exception like Mike Green (seriously?) and a debatable pick like Staal #3.

ladd_640nbsiu.jpeg

<3

EDIT: the number of Cam Ward's and MAF's in the Hockey Central picks just astounds me. I guess you could expect Ward to be a good #3, sit in the press box and work hard in practice kind of guy but come on, him AND Fleury is just criminal.

Socreges

Banned
And Scoreges. We know why Canada masses it's population on the US border. We've seen Canadian Bacon, we know what you are planning.
Geographical anomaly. Nothing more. Nothing more.

Yeah, it's superiority for a liberal pot smoking hippie breeding ground. Abortions for everyone and marijuana cigarettes for everyone else. Gimme a break. Not like here in the good ol' AU of S. Guns? You betcha, got a whole 5 tonne o' freedom meat pies and my licensed hobby pistol right here. Ain' no OBAMA gon' tell ME what to do. The ACL dun good for our country which our brave troops fought hard for in Gallipoli. If it weren't for the ACL keeping their good christian values in our society who knows how corrupt our government would become.
Time to read up about the ACL.

Huh I missed this when it was posted this morni-ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? Granted Neil Smith is a gigantic know-nothing and every single second he's speaking on TV he gives you the impression of a guy who barely even watches hockey now but what the shit. MAF alone means he hasn't even been scanning the headlines of the website he works for, jesus.

The forwards are decent, despite leaving national hero/hearthrob Andrew Ladd off somehow (sorry Staal #2, extra vacation for you mid-season). The defense is generally ok with a wtf exception like Mike Green (seriously?) and a debatable pick like Staal #3.

ladd_640nbsiu.jpeg

<3

EDIT: the number of Cam Ward's and MAF's in the Hockey Central picks just astounds me. I guess you could expect Ward to be a good #3, sit in the press box and work hard in practice kind of guy but come on, him AND Fleury is just criminal.
I like Andrew 'Douchenozzle' Ladd. I really do. But not on international ice, as good as he looked at times during the WHC.

While I wish the US was as progressive as Canada, I think the vast majority of Americans would likely disagree.
jRGcLnqXIYERE.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
Would rather have Ladd than Jordan Stall on the team, they play a simluar style except Ladd is a better goal scorer and is a natural winger, where Stall is another one of the 20 centers we already have.

Would rather have Ladd than Jordan Stall on the team, they play a simluar style except Ladd is a better goal scorer and is a natural winger, where Stall is another one of the 20 centers we already have.

Stamkos, Giroux, Crosby, Bergeron, E. Staal, Getzlaf, Toews, M. Richards, Tavares...

Centres...centres everywhere.

This was my introduction to Furry-GAF (Android thread). Read from there to the end of the page (the conversation keeps going).

I've mentioned this before, but I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at something on GAF.

I mean I knew zedge was a furry but I don't realize there is a commune of them

On a semi related note: How have I never listened to Animal Collective before? They're currently blowing my shit up and I have like six more albums to listen to still

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hockey Central has some suggested lineups for Canada's Olympic team.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/hockey-central-team-canada-sochi-olympic-rosters/

The depth and overall quality is sky-high, except in goal. Giroux and Crosby playing on the same line would be interesting...

NEIL SMITH’S 2014 OLYMPIC ROSTER
Forwards

Patrick Marleau Sidney Crosby Claude Giroux
Eric Staal Steven Stamkos Rick Nash
Logan Couture John Tavares Corey Perry
Taylor Hall Jonathan Toews Ryan Getzlaf
Jordan Staal Patrick Sharp
Defencemen
Shea Weber Drew Doughty
Duncan Keith Marc Staal
Alex Pietrangelo Mike Green
P.K. Subban Kris Letang
Goaltenders
Carey Price Roberto Luongo Marc-Andre Fleury
Well, at least we aren't lacking for Centremen.

Crosby I agree for sure.

Tavares, Stamkos, Toews, Perry, Marleau, Getzlaf are great.

That's too many Cs though and I wonder about the rest. Do they play well on international ice?

Doughty, Pietrangelo, Weber, Subban should be good but far from our days of Nieds and Pronger. Also question these guys on international ice...

Goalies. Oh Jesus fuck.... :(
Price is OK but hasn't done well under pressure. Luongo has exp but his game was up and down last season.
Fleury = lulz
A strong set of Americans seem to have taken over.

Missing Bergeron, St Louis, and wingers...

Socreges

Banned
Luongo should be fine now that the sole cause of the drama, the cancerous Cory Schneider, has been tossed over to New Jersey. He's their problem now.

Montresor

So I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about watching Leaf games this fall. I live in an apartment that has a line of sight on the CN tower, and so I've been using an antenna to get these channels for free in HD: Omni, CTV, CityTV, Global, CBC, CW (the American channel), and two or three others that I cannot remember right now.

Obviously no TSN, no Sportsnet, and no Leafs TV. I don't want to spend $100+ per month just to watch THREE channels in HD... Pretty much all my entertainment time is spent on the 360, either playing games on it, or watching Netflix, or using it as a DVD player. It's so crazy how useless cable television is... when you take sports out of the equation.

Not a diss on the player but we don't need PK "50% Norris" Subban in there losing his cool and trying to hit everyone in sight. International refs aren't going to put up with that shit. Don't need any loose cannons on the team.
Teehee! Subban is going to be a Norris nominee every year for probably the next 10 years. Get used to him, bro, he's an olympian. And not a bottom pairing one.

Samyy

So I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about watching Leaf games this fall. I live in an apartment that has a line of sight on the CN tower, and so I've been using an antenna to get these channels for free in HD: Omni, CTV, CityTV, Global, CBC, CW (the American channel), and two or three others that I cannot remember right now.

Obviously no TSN, no Sportsnet, and no Leafs TV. I don't want to spend $100+ per month just to watch THREE channels in HD... Pretty much all my entertainment time is spent on the 360, either playing games on it, or watching Netflix, or using it as a DVD player. It's so crazy how useless cable television is... when you take sports out of the equation.

We'll just basic cable will get you CBC and Sportsnet
I stream the games online otherwise but they are really bad quality.

yyzjohn

Banned

Just watch Saturday night games it makes them more special. Listen to the weekday games on the radio.

Tabris

$100? The most you should be paying is $50 for Basic/Digital Cable (which includes HD channels) + HD Sports package.

Teehee! Subban is going to be a Norris nominee every year for probably the next 10 years. Get used to him, bro, he's an olympian. And not a bottom pairing one.

I don't necessarily disagree 100% but I don't think you can say that this early on based on half a season.

10 years straight is a bit much, that's Lidstrom category and Lidstrom >>>>>>> Subban.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I listen to almost all the games now.

And...stream the games on the Internet.
streaming the radio broadcasts!!! D:

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking finally. Which means we should get the schedules today too.

Yup, Olympic announcement official.

League is shut down from 2/9 to 2/26.

Group A
Russia
Slovenia
Slovakia
United States

Group B
Austria
Canada
Finland
Norway

Group C
Czech Republic
Latvia
Switzerland
Sweden

Curufinwe

Who are your team's Olympic contenders? For Philly I think it's just these guys:

Austria: Raffl
Canada: Giroux
Finland: Timonen
Czech: Voracek
Slovakia: Meszaros
Sweden: Gustafsson and Grossmann are both longshots
Switzerland: Streit

USA is in a tough group, but I think they can make it into the medal round.

Count me in also as someone who doesn't want NHLers in the olympics though. Amateurs are more exciting and I couldn't care less who is wearing the jersey in the Olympics, I'll root for USA regardless.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Canada: Subban, Price, depending on how the season goes
USA: Pacioretty, Galchenyuk maybe
Russia: Emelin, Markov may get a courtesy invite
Switzerland: Diaz

I'm kidding - I love the Winter Olympics.

USA: Kessel & Gardiner
Canada: lol no
Sweden: Gunnarsson
Neolithic Era: Phaneuf
Russia: Kulemin
Germany: Holzer

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
USA: Ryan Callahan, Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh?
Canada: Rick Nash, Marc Staal?
Sweden: Henrik Lundqvist, Carl Hagelin?, Oscar Lindberg?
Norway: Mats Zuccarello

That's probably everyone.

Sweden: Sedins, Edler
Canada: Luongo
USA: Kesler, Schneider

Maybe Hamhuis (Canada), Garrison (Canada), or Booth (USA) depending on how well they play.

Top Bottom