• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Canucks roll into town on November 30. Circling that on the calendar right now.

Also, they need to start selling tickets for the two Yankee Stadium games, dammit.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"This will mark the sixth consecutive season the Rangers open on the road, and the 12th time in the last 14 seasons."

Maybe we'll actually have a home opener next year since they won't be rebuilding MSG again!

Canucks roll into town on November 30. Circling that on the calendar right now.

Also, they need to start selling tickets for the two Yankee Stadium games, dammit.

100% going to both of them. Stupid that they aren't "home" games but fuck it. City has some sort of agreement with the Rangers that they can't play their home games anywhere but MSG.

Cake Boss

Banned
Richards couldn't make Team PEI right now let alone Team Canada.

i2C4QUh2vkoJO.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
100% going to both of them. Stupid that they aren't "home" games but fuck it. City has some sort of agreement with the Rangers that they can't play their home games anywhere but MSG.

I'm fine with it. Just means that we have effectively 43 home games on the schedule (without counting games at the Coliseum and the Rock).

Looks our 5 game sets are with the Devils and Isles this year. Sounds good to me.

Islanders: 3 home/ 2 road (1 road game is Yankee Stadium)
Devils: 2 home/ 3 road (1 road game is Yankee Stadium)

LOL at the Islanders only getting 1 actual home game against us.

I'm fine with it. Just means that we have effectively 43 home games on the schedule (without counting games at the Coliseum and the Rock).

Looks our 5 game sets are with the Devils and Isles this year. Sounds good to me.

Love that. These games are tough, but much more fun than playing the Flyers/Pens 5 times.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, we only have 7 games against divisional teams after the Olympic break. And 3 of them are against Carolina. 2 against the Flyers, 1 each against the Devils and BJs.

Osorio

Sweet. We start on the road against Pittsburgh, play the Isles at home then a 5 game road trip through Canada.

This year will be disastrous.

kassatsu

Banned
Metro division....

Olympic stuff

USA: Martin, Orpik
CAN: Crosby, Letang, Fleury (lol), Neal (if you need a winger)
RUS: Malkin
FIN: Jokinen

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So far only going to the outdoor game on New Years day.

Bring on the season looking forward to letting everyone know who's starting in net!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ottawa doesn't play a home game till the 17th. This is the most retarded schedule I've seen the NHL release(or maybe second to the one a few years ago where all of our games vs the Leafs were on the tail end of a back to back).

Socreges

Banned
Games on CBC

Montreal: 29
Toronto: 25
Ottawa: 18
Vancouver: 17
Winnipeg: 13
Edmonton: 12
Calgary: 10

Ouch at that Montreal/Calgary gap

Osorio

Parises comes back to town the day after my birthday. I can already feel the hate.

I won't be booing but everyone else will.

What kind of bullshit b2b is this!

SAT MAR 1, 2014
WASHINGTON
BOSTON
1:00 PM ET

SUN MAR 2, 2014
PHILADELPHIA
WASHINGTON
12:30 PM ET
NBC,NBCSN

FUCK YOUR SHIT NBC

Edit: 17 BACK TO BACKS?!?

WE'RE FUCKED

Solo

That actually surprised me. Doesn't Toronto normally get the most games?

CBC has terrible commentary, but Saturday night games are the shit. I'm jealous.

I actually believe this will now be the third straight season where Montreal gets the most games on CBC. Prior to that it was Leafs all day e'rr day.

Osorio

Can't believe they raised ticket prices too. Goddamn

33 is the cheapest you can get for shit games next season.

52 for games against rivals.

yyzjohn

Banned
That actually surprised me. Doesn't Toronto normally get the most games?

CBC has terrible commentary, but Saturday night games are the shit. I'm jealous.

99% of CBC's regular season games are on Saturday, all this means is the Leafs don't play as much on Saturday nights.

Socreges

Banned
99% of CBC's regular season games are on Saturday, all this means is the Leafs don't play as much on Saturday nights.
....what? You realize that one of the conditions of the schedule is to meet broadcast demands? Toronto and Montreal play more Saturday games than anyone because CBC wants them to.

yyzjohn

Banned
....what? You realize that one of the conditions of the schedule is to meet broadcast demands? Toronto and Montreal play more Saturday games than anyone because CBC wants them to.

My point is the Leafs are playing fewer Saturday games this season than the Habs, 23 vs 25 which accounts for 2 of the 4 difference. CBC would show mid-week Leafs games if they could, but with Rogers/Bell running the show they'll never get those games. Eventually they won't even have the Leafs playoff games.

Socreges

Banned
My point is the Leafs are playing fewer Saturday games this season than the Habs, 23 vs 25 which accounts for 2 of the 4 difference. CBC would show mid-week Leafs games if they could, but with Rogers/Bell running the show they'll never get those games. Eventually they won't even have the Leafs playoff games.
Still no idea what your point is. Are you trying to save face for the Leafs by explaining why Montreal has more CBC games?

Samyy

Still no idea what your point is. Are you trying to save face for the Leafs by explaining why Montreal has more CBC games?

You said "doesn't Toronto normally get more Saturday games?" or whatever, he asnwered your question and gave a reason for the change.

No need to be a dick about it

yyzjohn

Banned

If CBC games are the be-all and end-all of hockey godliness then yes i'm "saving face". I love hearing that Hockey Night in Canada theme song on CBC...oh...

Olympians:

Russia: Ovechkin, Kuznetsov
Sweden: Backstrom, Johansson
USA: Carlson maybe? Probably not.
Czech: Erat, Neuvirth
Canada: Holtby maybe if he plays lights out the first half and Price,Ward and Fleury suck.

Top Bottom