• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Curufinwe

Metro is as good a name as any they could have picked but...

Pittsburgh and Columbus should swap places with Tampa and Florida. Then you would have a Northeast division, and a real Atlantic division. Surely that is worth sacrificing one or two Pens/Flyers games per season.

USA - Stastny (maybe), Johnson (maybe)
Canada - Nope.jpeg
Sweden - Landeskog (maybe)
Russia - Varlamov
Czech - Hejda (maybe)

I was wondering about the division names, though I thought they were going to be conferences and not divisions and there would be no east/west. Knew they would go with something boring.

Pittsburgh and Columbus should swap places with Tampa and Florida. Then you would have a Northeast division, and a real Atlantic division. Surely that is worth sacrificing one or two Pens/Flyers games per season.

I'm pretty sure anybody here would have been smart enough to keep the atlantic the atlantic and come up with a new name for the northeast.

I'm also pretty sure anybody on here would have been smart enough to NOT put the Florida teams in the Northeast.

I swear to god we have morons running this sport.

Cake Boss

Banned
We have 16 back to backs?

ib1V05xedt1ZzH.gif

16 back-to-backs for the Bruins, including 1 to end the season. 10/14 games on the road to end the season

Seguin's return on Nov. 5

Post-Olympic break, esp March, is brutal:
3/1, 3/2, 3/4, 3/6, 3/8, 3/9, 3/12, 3/13, 3/15, 3/17, 3/18, 3/21, 3/22, 3/24, 3/27, 3/29, 3/30

It'll be just like this past season

Curufinwe

Flyers get 11 of 15 games at home starting after the Olympics and ending on March 30th. I'm going to try and go to one of the Saturday afternoon games against the Rangers, Pittsburgh or St Louis.

Solo

Metrosex division named to appease Crosby. It was originally going to be called the Reacharound Division, but they talked Sid down.

Curufinwe

I'm pretty sure anybody here would have been smart enough to keep the atlantic the atlantic and come up with a new name for the northeast.

I'm also pretty sure anybody on here would have been smart enough to NOT put the Florida teams in the Northeast.

I swear to god we have morons running this sport.

It's all so the Flyers and Penguins can play 4 or 5 times per season instead of 3. It's ridiculous.

Socreges

Banned
Metro is FIERCE.

Holy shut the NHL is run by monkeys. Glamorous monkeys.

Locker room cancer Cory Schneider and his New Jersey Devils visit Vancouver October 8th. Should be good.

We have 16 back to backs?

ib1V05xedt1ZzH.gif
We have 15 and much worse travel. You got off lucky.

Also amazing gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I could live with that really, the less I have to see/hear about Crosby, the better.

Acid08

Banned
Longest road trip is 5 games.

10 back to backs.

No home and home with the Queens to end the season anymore :(

Pretty great overall.

calder

With those goalies in net we'd need it.

It will give Canada some easy games to test out which of the 24 natural centers they will have starting goal the first game of the medal round.

Jets:
Canada: Ladd (believe!)
Czech Rep: Pavelec, Frolik
Sweden: Enstrom maybe if he's healthy
USA: Byfuglien, Bogosian

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like 11 back-to-backs for the Rangers.

10 of 23 games after the Olympic break at home. And ending the season at the Bell Centre. Fuck.

Curufinwe

It's cool to have the traditional post- Christmas West Coast road trip back. Philly plays Calgary on December 31st, 9pm ET so the game might not finish until 2014 if there's a shootout..

Vyse24

USA: Ryan Callahan, Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh?
Canada: Rick Nash, Marc Staal?
Sweden: Henrik Lundqvist, Carl Hagelin?, Oscar Lindberg?
Norway: Mats Zuccarello

That's probably everyone.

Kreider and Miller could make team USA. Same for Richards and MDZ in Canada.

Top Bottom