• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Silexx

It's Barrhaven.

I'm near there but I didn't see anything today.

What the fuck!

We're not suppose to have tornadoes in Ottawa, the deal is we suffer through the crummy winters in exchange for no tornadoes.

This wasn't part of the deal, Blackheart! That wasn't paaaart...!

Tabris

I saw this and took a picture for you mother f***ers :p

ywjyg40.jpg

ATF487

Don't know why the division names were given geographical descriptions when they make no sense

Adams Division > Atlantic Division

No offense, but I can't help but laugh at Avs fans complaining about their Defense when they passed up a future top pairing two-way D-man in Seth Jones. Not that you did that, but still.

It's about as hilarious as that one year when a Rangers fan was having meltdown after meltdown over his team when they ultimately tied for second in regular season points.

Oh crap.......its too hot today.

I thought you may have been joking, you should have passed it off as a joke.

It's about as hilarious as that one year when a Rangers fan was having meltdown after meltdown over his team when they ultimately tied for second in regular season points.

I remember when we beat them that season and they were going nuts, talking about how the Rags were underachievers. :p

Nah, I don't think it's THAT hilarious. I mean, I was off my rocker at that point, it was pretty fucking funny. Avs defense is comical though. If me being an unreasonable fan is a 10, Avs defense if for sure a 9. Avs fans complaining about defense though might rival it.

Nah, I don't think it's THAT hilarious. I mean, I was off my rocker at that point, it was pretty fucking funny. Avs defense is comical though. If me being an unreasonable fan is a 10, Avs defense if for sure a 9. Avs fans complaining about defense though might rival it.

Definitely not considering our defensive situation isn't as dire as you or other avs fans believe it is. We have some of the better defensive prospects in the pipe and if they blossom like Barrie was towards the end of last season we're going to be just fine.

It's not all bad Johnson is solid defensively he just can't hit the net, if the entire length of the goal line were the goal he might have about five goals--Oh god it is all bad.

...Barrie is promising. Also, Siemens was about the only defensemen who matched up well against Drouin and MacKinnon.

It's not all bad Johnson is solid defensively he just can't hit the net, if the entire backboards were the goal he might have about five goals--Oh god it is all bad.

...Barrie is promising. Also, Siemens was about the only defensemen who matched up well against Drouin and MacKinnon.

We have Barrie who had a really great last half of the season and Siemens looked as good if not better than Barrie when they were drafted, I think he just needs more time to develop. Elliott could very well be a strong player in time, and if Wilson is healthy for the season we will be markedly better than last year. I'm interested in seeing how Bigras plays out too, I think we got a decent steal getting him in the second round.

It would have been better if you guys didn't get fleeced trading Shat Deuces for EJ.

Losing Shatnerkirk remains the one unforgivable sin in my eyes that Sherman committed. I couldn't give a shit about Stewart, Kevin really hurt though.

Erdrick

That's one thing I can give the Jets/Thrashers organization. We'll have solid defencemen for years to come. (Just need to get Bogosian signed and I can sleep a little better at night.)

I have high hopes for Jacob Trouba this year.

Erdrick

Seeing as I don't expect the Jets to win the cup anytime soon (As much as I'd love it so...) If today's crowd for Toews was any indication, that'll be a mini-preview of things to come if we ever win it all. Until then, I guess it's cool for the Hawks to keep winning as long as Toews still plays with them. =) He had quite the turnout here. Well deserved, too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I liked this:

Paul Grant, of ESPN.com, spoke with Bill Daly about the division names and Daly said that there was no perfect answer for the Metropolitan division but that at a certain point you need to pick a name and go with it.

Your NHL at work.

Socreges

Banned
Fixed:

Paul Grant, of ESPN.com, spoke with Bill Daly about the division names and Daly said that there was no perfect answer for the Metropolitan division but that at a certain point you need to realize that It's too hot today.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
They really fucked up the division names.
I could see them changing them to something better (hint: anything is better) next season...

Daly: We know the name is horrible and makes no sense and we're getting put through the ringer on this one, but fuck you we are never admitting that we're wrong.

Literally almost anything would have been better than Metropolitan division.

Top Bottom