• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

The router at my parents place bricked when we had a power surge (light constantly blinking and i can't do a hard reset [Linksys WRT54G]) and I don't have the knowledge or the patience to fix a ten year old router all day. What would you guys suggest for a home router? Two computers will be plugged into the router with the occasional Xbox/phone for wireless

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The router at my parents place bricked when we had a power surge (light constantly blinking and i can't do a hard reset [Linksys WRT54G]) and I don't have the knowledge or the patience to fix a ten year old router all day. What would you guys suggest for a home router? Two computers will be plugged into the router with the occasional Xbox/phone for wireless

maybe a good time to invest in a brand spanking new 802.11ac router :>

I don't know what that is, but if it's cutting edge, I'd rather not. Basically the router will be going to one computer all the time, and sometimes wireless and to another computer. Nothing fancy, but I don't want to buy a piece of shit

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I don't know what that is, but if it's cutting edge, I'd rather not. Basically the router will be going to one computer all the time, and sometimes wireless and to another computer. Nothing fancy, but I don't want to buy a piece of shit

seriously Dopey? Get out of here with that Apple lingo garbage.

It's 802.11n dual band

battlelines are quickly being drawn, my old friend :mad:

edit: I'm using this right now. And I love it:

http://www.buffalotech.com/products...eme-ac-1750-gigabit-dual-band-wireless-router

seriously Dopey? Get out of here with that Apple lingo garbage.

It's 802.11n dual band

battlelines are quickly being drawn, my old friend :mad:

edit: I'm using this right now. And I love it:

http://www.buffalotech.com/products...eme-ac-1750-gigabit-dual-band-wireless-router

Hardly anything runs ac yet. Just get a dual N450 (N900) router. Will cost you around $140.

My suggestion: http://www.linksys.com/en-eu/products/routers/ea4500

You guys are insane. Go to Target and get a $50 or $75 and you'll be more than fine.

I appreciate all the responses, but those might be out of the price range. Like I said, I only need to feed internet to one computer, with one more being added every now and then with the occasional wifi. For the cheaper routers, is here a go to manufacturer?

Var

I appreciate all the responses, but those might be out of the price range. Like I said, I only need to feed internet to one computer, with one more being added every now and then with the occasional wifi. For the cheaper routers, is here a go to manufacturer?

Maybe Netgear? I prefer them to Belkin. I believe those are the cheapest decent options.

TUSR

Banned

Linksys E1500
< $60

RC

Banned
When I got my first apartment I picked up a cheap D-Link router and had nothing but issues with it. Could be an isolated incident but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

D-Link'a are really hit or miss. Neither of mine have ever given me trouble. Aside from the shitty software that comes with it.

TUSR

Banned
When I got my first apartment I picked up a cheap D-Link router and had nothing but issues with it. Could be an isolated incident but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

D-Link'a are really hit or miss. Neither of mine have ever given me trouble. Aside from the shitty software that comes with it.

The wireless band you were running on was probably saturated because of the amount of wireless routers in apartment complexes.

Unless you run a 5 GHZ signal in an apartment you can run into problems.

My Girls is a sweet tune. And Fireworks. Haven't heard much else of theirs.
Listen to both of those albums (Merriweather Post Pavilion and Strawberry Jam, respectively), they're unbelievable. The other album I've heard is Sung Tongs but I'm sure they're all great

I have picked up a few of their albums. I like Sung Tongs and Prospect Hummer the best of what I have heard.

Sung Tongs is the first album I heard by them. They have so many albums and their style constantly changes. I don't know how no one has ever told me to listen to them before

Var

Listen to both of those albums (Merriweather Post Pavilion and Strawberry Jam, respectively), they're unbelievable. The other album I've heard is Sung Tongs but I'm sure they're all great

Sung Tongs is the first album I heard by them. They have so many albums and their style constantly changes. I don't know how no one has ever told me to listen to them before

If you haven't grabbed Feels yet, you should check it out. It is like a rock version of Sung Tongs.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I think I'm going to buy Detroit and turn it into CrazedArabCity where I am king, any objections?

You all would get one free half burnt home to stay in when you visit!

Top Bottom