• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lots of computer guys in here, my laptop turns on and shows the dell logo then just goes black and doesn't do shit. From what I've read elsewhere it seems like the hard drive is shot, anyone here have this experience before?

I can tell your heart isn't really in it. Too far removed from the season, I think.
It's true, I've been so busy and the Habs aren't doing shit, I just want training camp to get here.

And what GM works well on a 2 year deal? Based on what you want things would be even worse. Nonis now has the time to make this roster how he wants and isn't burdened by making the playoffs to save his job.

It sounds like a "congratulations you made the playoffs here's a 5 year deal."

'If you fuck up you'll end up like Burke"

Spl1nter

Im honestly tired of people trying to defend those deals. They are horrible dude, im sorry its just plain bad.

Why dont you let the players play before you judge if the deals are horrible? For Clarkson at least, different team, system etc.... Bozak deal seems pretty fair for everything he provides. Not a lot of players can play in every single situation effectively.

Its like when people and articles are made over who had the best 2013 draft...

Samyy

Why dont you let the players play before you judge if the deals are horrible?

Uh we've seen Bozak and Clarkson play, they are known commodities bud.
Clarksons 29, if anything he's hit his high and is going to stay at his current level or get worse, with the type of player he is.

Another silly excuse for the contracts. You should prove you deserve a contract before you earn it, not after you sign it. What have these players done to earn their contracts? Bozaks scored a stunning 8 points in 32 games without Kessel, in all likely hood he hinders Kessel more then benefits him. I see Kessel setting up Bozak but I don't see it happening the other way around. Playing with Kessel got Bozak paid, not Bozak's skills themselves.

And Clarkson is a third line grinder, show me another who earned a contract like that please.

Marvie_3

Banned
Lots of computer guys in here, my laptop turns on and shows the dell logo then just goes black and doesn't do shit. From what I've read elsewhere it seems like the hard drive is shot, anyone here have this experience before?
Yeah its happened to me a couple times. Its your hard drive.

Quick

Banned
I just bought a new portable hard drive to move everything over too, fan fucking tactic. Anyway to recover stuff on the hard drive or is it gone for good?

Possibly.

You could hook up that drive to your laptop (whenever you pick up a new drive for it) and get the files out.

Red_Man

Possibly.

You could hook up that drive to your laptop (whenever you pick up a new drive for it) and get the files out.
I don't follow? My laptop won't go to the desktop at all, I have my new hard drive, it's a WD My Book, but if I connect it to the laptop I can't do anything with it.

Quick

Banned
I don't follow? My laptop won't go to the desktop at all, I have my new hard drive, it's a WD My Book, but if I connect it to the laptop I can't do anything with it.

Sorry, should've been more specific.

You can buy a new 2.5" hard drive to replace the old one, install Windows, and whenever you get that all done, hook up that busted drive with a SATA to USB cable and transfer the files out of it, like you would with an external hard drive.

It's true, I've been so busy and the Habs aren't doing shit, I just want training camp to get here.

Make sure you have zero external drives, fobs, etc. plugged in.

Red_Man

Sorry, should've been more specific.

You can buy a new 2.5" hard drive to replace the old one, install Windows, and whenever you get that all done, hook up that busted drive with a SATA to USB cable and transfer the files out of it, like you would with an external hard drive.
Oooh I see. That sounds like a lot of work, but I'm going to lose 5 years of nude pics and all my stuff for work so I might have to do it.

Quick

Banned
Oooh I see. That sounds like a lot of work, but I'm going to lose 5 years of nude pics and all my stuff for work so I might have to do it.

It's not too bad. The most work you'll do is hooking up the new drive and installing Windows. If you've played with Legos as a kid, you'll be fine with hooking it up. And all you need to do after is stick the Windows disc in the slot, type in the product key, and just let it do its thing.

Find a magazine with nudes to keep you occupied while waiting.

Red_Man

It's not too bad. The most work you'll do is hooking up the new drive and installing Windows. If you've played with Legos as a kid, you'll be fine with hooking it up. And all you need to do after is stick the Windows disc in the slot, type in the product key, and just let it do its thing.

Find a magazine with nudes to keep you occupied while waiting.
Ah, that's not ok bad. I'm talking about nude pics I've been sent :lol it's pretty sad that when it died on me that was the first thing my mind went too. I might just try and get a cheap laptop from a friend and go through that process without having to do all the installing stuff, my laptop was a piece of shit anyways.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ah, that's not ok bad. I'm talking about nude pics I've been sent :lol it's pretty sad that when it died on me that was the first thing my mind went too. I might just try and get a cheap laptop from a friend and go through that process without having to do all the installing stuff, my laptop was a piece of shit anyways.

I had the common decency to delete nude pics after a breakup.

But yeah if your harddrive isn't TOO broken (just broken enough for windows not to work), you can probably salvage most things by plugging in another windows-drive. I had to do the same when my old laptop died.

Red_Man

I had the common decency to delete nude pics after a breakup.

But yeah if your harddrive isn't TOO broken (just broken enough for windows not to work), you can probably salvage most things by plugging in another windows-drive. I had to do the same when my old laptop died.
Majority of them are from women I never dated.

It shouldn't be, I just put it down and went to turn it on again a few days later and this happened, I didn't drop it or anything.

Red_Man

Don't white knight me Smiley you Swiss bastard, you're the guy who spent last night eye fucking a fellow gaffers ex gf.

Is that common decency? I mean, they sent those photos, why should I delete them?
This is what's up. I don't share them with friends though, I draw the line there.

I'm also just lazy and don't delete shit, and I've never understood why I get sent these things. Just get over here, ya' know what I'm sayin'?

This is what's up. I don't share them with friends though, I draw the line there.

Exactly, it's not like I'm running out of my house with my phone showing everyone what I just got. That shit is for me and me only. Draw some lines.

Smiley90

Don't white knight me Smiley you Swiss bastard, you're the guy who spent last night eye fucking a fellow gaffers ex gf.

I just don't see the point in keeping them, honestly. Why would I wanna keep looking at pics of my ex? Gotta move on :p Just feels wrong to me to keep them, I dunno. If I gave away my housekeys to my ex I wouldn't want them to keep them too, even if they never used them/shared them.

Also, both Soc's ex and me are in relationships, just so that's clear. It's all fun and games, because honestly I just find the whole situation very funny because of the odds of it happening.

First man who posts Soc's Ex nudes gets a free rimjob from Smiley.

I would strongly assume Soc's the only one that has them. Heck, Soc's the only who knows who it is

I just don't see the point in keeping them, honestly. Why would I wanna keep looking at pics of my ex? Gotta move on :p Just feels wrong to me to keep them, I dunno. If I gave away my housekeys to my ex I wouldn't want them to keep them too, even if they never used them/shared them.

Also, both Soc's ex and me are in relationships, just so that's clear. It's all fun and games, because honestly I just find the whole situation very funny because of the odds of it happening.

I would strongly assume Soc's the only one that has them. Heck, Soc's the only who knows who it is
Fuck. It's Marvie isn't it.

Smiley90

Hey, it broke itself alright, let's all just calm down and blame this on the dude who wanted to fuck his mom for a billion dollars.

Wait, what did I miss here? Please tell me it was the same guy who failed the walmart employee exam.

Quick

Banned
Hey, it broke itself alright, let's all just calm down and blame this on the dude who wanted to fuck his mom for a billion dollars.

ibe8e3J9CLSplx.gif

Red_Man

Wait, what did I miss here? Please tell me it was the same guy who failed the walmart employee exam.
The thread we talked about last night where the OP proposed the idea of would you / would you not fuck your mom for $1 B, it only lasted about 30 posts before being shutdown though.

Top Bottom