• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I never understood that trade. I guess they really wanted to get rid of Lombardi's contract.

Pretty much.

At the time Lombardi was coming off a concussion and they weren't sure if he'd even play again or if he did not at a level deserving of the contract. So they didn't want to foot the bill so we took him with Franson as the piece we'd get for removing their financial burden.

Acid08

Banned
Having a fucking damn fine cup of coffee this morning, first one in a while. Been on a tea kick for a long time but coffee is without a doubt superior. A little milk and no sugar is perfection.

Makes me miss smoking a bit though. A cup of coffee and a cigarette is one of those irreplaceable little joys in life.

yyzjohn

Banned
Having a fucking damn fine cup of coffee this morning, first one in a while. Been on a tea kick for a long time but coffee is without a doubt superior. A little milk and no sugar is perfection.

Makes me miss smoking a bit though. A cup of coffee and a cigarette is one of those irreplaceable little joys in life.

This man speaks the truth. *internet fist bump*

yyzjohn

Banned
Dave Nonis continues to do business through his cousin's twitter account.

I believe its cousin in law or 2nd/3rd cousin. Not immediate relation.

With regards to Franson what's the problem? He's an RFA. Let him sit out like PK did last season. Eventually he'll come crawling back. Leafs signed Paul Ranger they can let Franson stew a bit.

Spl1nter

I believe its cousin in law or 2nd/3rd cousin. Not immediate relation.

With regards to Franson what's the problem? He's an RFA. Let him sit out like PK did last season. Eventually he'll come crawling back. Leafs signed Paul Ranger they can let Franson stew a bit.

Its still early anyway. Got all of August. There are a lot of RFAs not signed yet.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Kadri, Phaneuf, Reimer for Tavares.

tumblr_lxqx1m3LKy1qj26eao1_400.gif

reading after hours in the morning was my favourite breakfast activity :(

Me too, man. Sometimes I would be awake for it, and that was fun, but reading the whole thing at work in the morning with a coffee was just a perfect way to start the day.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
That dolphin gif is amazing, but the Xbox one reveal gif was probably the best Sunhi gif there is.

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Oh, and that Tom Hanks one where he's fapping to Shakira

Socreges

Banned
So does this just mean that the PS4 and XBone are more similar in terms of hardware than people thought? The PS4 advantage was supposed to be RAM, but now they're essentially the same?

Samyy

There's going to be a lot of crow to be had from either side.

I just don't think whoever is complaining about RAM on either console really knows what they are even getting so mad about.
But yea the crow eating will be fun too, hopefully theres an official statement today :p

Soc - PS4 still uses a different form of RAM that is supposed to be superior and a better GPU(?) imo it wont be that different from a 3rd party perspective. First party however you'll probably see the PS4 pull away ever so slightly.

So pretty much its this gen version 2.0 from my understanding.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That dolphin gif is amazing, but the Xbox one reveal gif was probably the best Sunhi gif there is.

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Oh, and that Tom Hanks one where he's fapping to Shakira
Yea this one is probably the best IMO, also helps that Seven is one of my favourite movies, but it's just so perfect.

Red_Man

I don't understand what's happening, but please tell me whatever it is makes Amir0x look like an idiot?

So does this just mean that the PS4 and XBone are more similar in terms of hardware than people thought? The PS4 advantage was supposed to be RAM, but now they're essentially the same?

No, it means both Sony and Microsoft have extra RAM reserved in case future features demand it and until developers actually require the use of all that RAM it won't make any difference in either console. PS4 still has faster RAM and a stronger GPU. The OS doesn't require 3 gigs on either console. It's a precaution.

No, it means both Sony and Microsoft have extra RAM reserved in case future features demand it and until developers actually require the use of all that RAM it won't make any difference in either console. PS4 still has faster RAM and a stronger GPU.
This. Also OS footprint will shrink during the cylce, it is expected.

Samyy

No, it means both Sony and Microsoft have extra RAM reserved in case future features demand it and until developers actually require the use of all that RAM it won't make any difference in either console. PS4 still has faster RAM and a stronger GPU. The OS doesn't require 3 gigs on either console. It's a precaution.

I wouldn't even mind, you can tell the ps3 OS doesn't have the resources necessary to function properly - trying to update the YouTube app ATM but keeps crashing the system lol

I love that the average gamer in the US/world doesn't know or give a shit about how much RAM a console has, yet here it is the source of heated discussions and debates

Heretic

But the advantage is lessened with this news, yes?

If the rumors are true then yes. But only on the RAM side of the specs. PS4 supposedly has a better GPU and CPU (I haven't seen much discussion on the GPU and CPU, tbh)

According to the new rumors, the PS4 has "4.5 Gigs of RAM" available for games and the XOne has 5 Gigs.

It was believed that the PS4 had 7 Gigs of RAM reserved for games while the XOne just had 5.

But the PS4 still has the faster RAM with just slightly less available for devs. Also, I don't know what they mean by having 1 Gig flexible RAM...

All of this is beyond me though :)

Red_Man

Thats because youre a filthy casual dudebro gamer, playing your halo and nhl, bet you dont even know what thr cpu is clocked at! Fucking ruining gaming!
I used to be like this when I first started browsing Gaf as a lurker. Now I spend more time playing games on my iPad then my 360, I've become what I used to hate.

Top Bottom