• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Heretic

I'm looking forward to running my cable box through the XOne so my lazy ass doesn't have to navigate through 7 or so signals just to get from one HDMI signal to another!

Curufinwe

I think Laviolette will be the first coach fired if the Flyers are under .500 at Thanksgiving. He should have been fired at the end of March.

Heretic

Your lazy ass should consider things like "remotes" and maybe a "receiver".

I like the fact that I can get alerts on screen for game invites and whatnot while watching tv. It's a cool feature that I'm looking forward too :)

Heretic when it comes to Microsoft:

tumblr_mk2iiz9GIU1s32n64o1_500.png

How do you guys not like that feature? Having the abillity to pass a feed through the XOne is really cool.

Heretic

Point is that you're constantly talking up all of these features and acting as if life was an intolerable mess before they existed. :p

To get from HDMI2 back to HDMI1, I have to navigate through 7 or so and it's really annoying on my tv. That's why I really like this feature. Let's just hope it works as advertised considering MS' track record with their reveals.

Side Note: A fellow Ducks season ticket holder is hinting that the Ducks are close to signing Grabovski. He hinted at the resigning of Palmieri earlier today so he's 1 for 1 so far. Hope he's 2 for 2!

calder

To get from HDMI2 back to HDMI1, I have to navigate through 7 or so and it's really annoying on my tv.

That sucks. Can you disable superfluous inputs on your TV? I use an AVR myself so switching between the HDMI inputs is a single button on the remote, and I'd still have to do that even with a XBO unless the IR blaster integration of the One is much better than I'd expect it to be so the TV features are especially uncompelling to me.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Checking out the thread for the new Riddick thread has me itching to replay Butcher Bay, I know they made a remake, anyone who's played it think its worth it? It's on XBL now for $15

Cake Boss

Banned
Hmmm love me some summer weather because of skanks, love me some skanky skanks in this weather, with their short shorts and half of their ass hanging out. yummy yummy in my tummy.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
DO NOT PLAY DOTA 2 WITH DOTA 2 GAF.

We are a bunch of salty cunts who will make you never want to play the game again.

That's not just you, that's literally the ENTIRE MOBA COMMUNITY.

Think of early Xbox live COD/Halo, only way more angry, more asian and not just from your opponents, but also and foremost your teammates.

Unless you like to get yelled at on a constant basis until you've improved enough to not suck (which takes a while), DO NOT PLAY.

It's literally only fun if you're a masochist, a troll, you're just playing with friends or you're very ambitious.

The moment had come.

That's not just you, that's literally the ENTIRE MOBA COMMUNITY.

Think of early Xbox live COD/Halo, only way more angry, more asian and not just from your opponents, but also and foremost your teammates.

Unless you like to get yelled at on a constant basis until you've improved enough to not suck (which takes a while), DO NOT PLAY.
Truth. If this is your first MOBA, then try LOL first. It is much, much, much more forgiving. DOTA2 is the deep end filled with sharks with Lampreys for teeth.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The moment had come.

Truth. If this is your first MOBA, then try LOL first. It is much, much, much more forgiving. DOTA2 is the deep end filled with sharks with Lampreys for teeth.

The sad part is that while LoL is somewhat better, the community is still a shithole, and you'll still come out of 90% of games angry and upset why you even started the stupid game. And then you play another.

calder

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 3m
Terms for Wheeler are six years and 33.6 million for Blake Wheeler #nhljet #bn

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 5m
Blake Wheeler and #nhljets come to terms. We're working on details

*nodding* good, good. Coming together nicely. Now just Bogo left of the 'critical' FA's imo.

The sad part is that while LoL is somewhat better, the community is still a shithole, and you'll still come out of 90% of games angry and upset why you even started the stupid game. And then you play another.
Community is still trash, yeah. Though the lack of voice chat helps in LoL.The lack of common sense people exhibit in these games is astounding.

Dubb jungles and sees lane pushed to other tower, Dubb decides to move on. 30 seconds later said land is ganked and both killed.

"WTF NOOB JUNGLER NEVER GANK"
"REPORT USELESS JUNGLE, FUCKING UNINSTALL GAME JUNGLE"

Said lane proceeds to push to tower.

Red_Man

*nodding* good, good. Coming together nicely. Now just Bogo left of the 'critical' FA's imo.
Guy from the 4th period said he doesn't expect Bogo to be a Jet past this upcoming season for whatever that's worth.

Samyy

This is why I just play with friends now and mute anyone thats being a dick
You guys can add me, Samayy - am a silver 4 scrub though

Dub I feel your pain :(

Red_Man

Dave Chappellle played at Just For Laughs in Montreal tonight, the things I would have done to be there :(

I feeel like half the posts I make in this thread are drunk posts, but I'm gettin cockblocked like a mofucker and I need a play.

Whipping it out is not really an option at this point.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Whipping it out sometimes works lol

Only tried it once and it worked... wont do it again... will die batting 1.000

Samyy

ps4 launch duders
For those of you that are picking up a FPS at launch are you looking at Killzone or BF4? I need to choose one and I'd rather get the one other people I know are playing.

Quick

Banned
ps4 launch duders
For those of you that are picking up a FPS at launch are you looking at Killzone or BF4? I need to choose one and I'd rather get the one other people I know are playing.

The more popular choice would seem to be BF4.

KZ is the fan favourite, but BF4 guarantees you plenty of people on MP, perhaps not immediately but in the long run. At least, that's what I think.

The more popular choice would seem to be BF4.

KZ is the fan favourite, but BF4 guarantees you plenty of people on MP, perhaps not immediately but in the long run. At least, that's what I think.

KZ is a neat showcase but BF4 is much more of a sure bet. Trusting any launch title to keep a community is risky buisness.

Acid08

Banned
ps4 launch duders
I'd probably choose Killzone. Probably won't but an FPS though. Waiting to hear more about what the launch games will be.

Samyy

Yea fair enough, I won't have much time to play until December-Janruary so I need the community to last :(
Think I might be making the dive back into Assassins Creed after those last couple of demos....

Quick

Banned
Yea fair enough, I won't have much time to play until December-Janruary so I need the community to last :(
Think I might be making the dive back into Assassins Creed after those last couple of demos....

This is probably the first year I haven't paid close attention to Assassin's Creed.

Samyy

This is probably the first year I haven't paid close attention to Assassin's Creed.

I only played 2 (which I lovedddddd), watched my brother play 3 and it was kinda boring. My favourite parts were the naval battles and it seems like you get to do naval stuff right away so im down.

The game also looks veryyyyyy pretty (imo) dat water. Having only played one game in the series I am sure I don't have the same fatigue a lot of other gaffers say they have. It looks fun, theres a dev walkthrough on their youtube channel thats only about 10minutes long.

Acid08

Banned
AssCreed 1 was actually fun for what it was. Not a lot of variety but it still felt like one of those next steps in gaming.

Top Bottom