• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Did that hockey Manager game ever come out / is it any good?

It's been in open beta since like.. March? It's officially releasing in September I believe. (Open Beta as in, if you pre-purchase you get beta-access).

The interface isn't the prettiest and there's a lot of numbers, for better or worse. The actual management part is definitely very well done, there's a LOT of customization options. The trade-engine is still a bit borked though, sadly. (Still miles better than EA's, though). The sheer amount of custimization you can do with leagues/teams/management is very impressive though.

link here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/franchise-hockey-manager/

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Thanks for the update, wish it had come out sooner, I'd be all over it right now. Not sure if ill want to get into it with NHL 14 and GTA5 coming out so soon though.

Socreges

Banned
TLG is most likely not even getting released, so... no more point in getting excited for that. Seems to be stuck in development hell, and has been for years now, sadly.

I pre-ordered WatchDogs and TitanFall during the FS pre-order sale... for PC, of course. I mean, the 3DS has better exclusive titles (both out AND announced) than the PS4 and Xbone COMBINED.

Yes, I know that's because it's impossible to port. Still though, my point is that my 3DS was a much better purchase than the PS4/Xbone could possibly be.
Common knowledge, no? But I'll still use TLG as an illustration.

Samyy

Apparently a Sony insider called out the speculation in the article and dropped it as 6gbs being the ram available.

-pops more popcorn-

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Can't wait until the season stars!
The thing I'm looking forward to most is watching the NEW LOOK Leafs plummet to the bottom of the league (again). The only thing that will make it sweeter is if they trade their 2014 1st rounder pick before the season starts... but there's still time for Nonis to do that.

Montresor

The thing I'm looking forward to most is watching the NEW LOOK Leafs plummet to the bottom of the league (again). The only thing that will make it sweeter is if they trade their 2014 1st rounder pick before the season starts... but there's still time for Nonis to do that.

It's basically the same team that took Boston to 7 games, minus Grabovski, adding Clarkson, Bernier, and Bolland. That 1st rounder will have to be pried off Nonis's dead hands by the way.

I guess it's nice to dream, right?

Samyy

tumblr_m6wkm7WXUW1qihztbo1_250.gif

Heretic

Uh... sure... so... you'll be buying an Xbone then?
I'm getting an XOne for sure. It's already paid off.

I think that's Sony's big surprise. It's been in development for way too long. I'd be surprised if it's still a PS3 title.

Or maybe they'll pull a Twilight Princess and release it on both.

Spl1nter

It's basically the same team that took Boston to 7 games, minus Grabovski, adding Clarkson, Bernier, and Bolland. That 1st rounder will have to be pried off Nonis's dead hands by the way.

I guess it's nice to dream, right?

NO COSTCO EITHER!!!

Grabo was -10 in the playoffs, thats ugly.

Quick

Banned

Oilers fan talking about another team plummeting to the bottom of the league.

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Cactus

Banned
I guess it's hard for Oilers fans to get excited these days. Hopefully your 2013/2014 top-10 pick manages to make a bigger impact on the team's success than the last 6.

I think Toronto probably will miss the playoffs with Detroit and Columbus coming into the East and the whole unbalanced conference deal. Though I don't think they will miss by that much.

Spl1nter

The east is going to be a total crap shoot for who makes the playoffs. Injuries, breakout performances and off years makes it unpredictable. Pens are the only team that is a lock in the East for me.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hilarious! And then people get pissed that the Leafs get so much coverage.

Just giving you want you want it seems.

Edit: and to add on to the other conversation. Leafs are definitely a fringe playoff team again. Wouldn't be a huge shock either way if they make it or just miss out.

Socreges

Banned
Hilarious! And then people get pissed that the Leafs get so much coverage.

Just giving you want you want it seems.

Edit: and to add on to the other conversation. Leafs are definitely a fringe playoff team again. Wouldn't be a huge shock either way if they make it or just miss out.
We're going to get swamped with Leafs coverage either way. At least it's entertaining when we're being apprised of the who/what/why of their failures.

Curufinwe

The east is going to be a total crap shoot for who makes the playoffs. Injuries, breakout performances and off years makes it unpredictable. Pens are the only team that is a lock in the East for me.

Boston only misses the playoffs if Rask misses most of the season and their backup is terrible.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We're going to get swamped with Leafs coverage either way. At least it's entertaining when we're being apprised of the who/what/why of their failures.

You know you love it.

Especially now since Carlyle doesn't announce which goalie starts each game.

Erdrick

*nodding* good, good. Coming together nicely. Now just Bogo left of the 'critical' FA's imo.

*Nods* That news made my night yesterday. Just get Bogosian set and then I could relax. Wheeler is arguably our best player in many ways so I have no issue with this contract. I can't wait for him to get on a hot streak in this upcoming season. The one he had 2 years ago was quite impressive.

Smiley90

http://imgur.com/a/C1gc4

This guy did an "each team's worst nightmare" thing with every team, some are pretty funny. Lots of "star player playing for rival team", but the Leafs one among all the others cracked me up :lol Also the Caps/Ovi one.

This guy did an "each team's worst nightmare" thing with every team, some are pretty funny. Lots of "star player playing for rival team", but the Leafs one among all the others cracked me up :lol Also the Caps/Ovi one.

Some of those where funny but I dont get why the Devils would care about Marty playing for a different team. They have a much much better replacement for him now.

Smiley90

Where are the other 13 teams?

He said he's working on Part II.

I actually found most of the "star player now plays for rival" ones pretty bland. Except the Crosby for the Flyers one, for some reason :lol. The other, news article/florida/leafs ones were much better and more creative.

Montresor

I'm really glad I'm over that Leafs loss. I cried for real that night and was deeply wounded for a few days. I remember driving to work several days after and thinking nonstop "you could've held on for just a few more minutes!" I'm glad I can laugh about it now.

Top Bottom