• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i9TdrpnPo6wqT.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Please baby Jesus high up in your crib in the heavens, make it so the Habs and Leafs face each other in the playoffs real soon.

I will personally rent the barn where we can all fist fight.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Please baby Jesus high up in your crib in the heavens, make it so the Habs and Leafs face each other in the playoffs real soon.

I will personally rent the barn where we can all fist fight.

We don't need a re-enactment of leafs vs habs, do we?

I mean... We don't want to shame them so badly that they end up posting exclusively on NBA-GAF

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
TIL I know more about the WHL than about the NBA. The only sports team in Portland I know are the Winterhawks.

calder

NHLJets
The #NHLJets are happy to announce they have agreed to terms with defenceman Zach Bogosian. More details to follow shortly!

ohthankgod.gif

Good work Chevy. Can't wait to see the term/rate!

EDIT:
The Winnipeg Jets are pleased to announce they have agreed to terms with defenceman Zach Bogosian on a new seven-year contract worth $36 million.

Bogosian, 23, played in 33 games with the Winnipeg Jets last season. In that time, the right-handed blueliner recorded 14 points (5G, 9A) and 29 penalty minutes. Along with his efforts on the ice, Bogosian was also awarded the Staffmax Staffing & Recruiting Community Service Award for his commitment to the Winnipeg community and his role with the Winnipeg Jets True North Foundation.

The Massena, NY native has played in 297 career NHL games between Atlanta and Winnipeg for 103 career points (34G, 69A) and 237 penalty minutes. He was originally drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the first round, third overall, in the 2008 NHL Draft.

A bit much, but really what you'd expect.

calder

He's worth locking up.

Totally. He was the key RFA to me, more than any of the forwards for sure.

And really looking at the numbers I think they are pretty good. I thought it would take over 5 and a half to lock up Bogo and to get him for a few years of unrestricted time is worth it.

I'm pretty OK with all the contracts the Jets have dished out lately, let's say since Jokinen's drastic overpay. A few have been slight overpays but for the market it's what I expect.

fallout

And really looking at the numbers I think they are pretty good. I thought it would take over 5 and a half to lock up Bogo and to get him for a few years of unrestricted time is worth it.
Yeah, the length of the contract gets him in his prime. I don't think he's worth 5.14 M right now, but I expect him to be worth more than that by the time he's 30.

I'm pretty OK with all the contracts the Jets have dished out lately, let's say since Jokinen's drastic overpay. A few have been slight overpays but for the market it's what I expect.
I can swallow the Jokinen contract because it was only for 2 years. I think that was worth the risk.

calder

I can swallow the Jokinen contract because it was only for 2 years. I think that was worth the risk.

I can live with the Jokinen deal for exactly that reason - it was certainly a gamble worth taking. Two years isn't a huge burden, and the desperation for a #1 center was so pronounced going into last year. And let's face it, to get any UFA you have to overpay, and then to get a guy to come here onto a very iffy team in a very small and very Canadian market... Well let's just say I have no problem tacking on a million per year over what I'd consider the platonic ideal for a player based solely on his approximate future worth.

Now that the hardest part of the Jets offseason is over, I'm going to bask in our THN Certified A+ draft for a few months. I've already convinced myself that every player the Jets took is a solid future NHLer at absolute worst, with many of them are stars in the making. ;)

Erdrick

ohthankgod.gif

Good work Chevy. Can't wait to see the term/rate!

EDIT:

A bit much, but really what you'd expect.

*Whew*

He's worth every penny. (Or back when we used to use those, at least.) I'm thrilled that we got all our main guys signed without any ugly arbitration.

This is finally the season for the Jets to prove that they can do something. As a team on the upswing, I'm more excited for this year than I was in the opening one 2 years ago. With Sheifele and Trouba coming, and the core all locked up... along with the dead weight like Antropov and Hainsey left on their own and hopefully gone...

My anticipation is high for improvements this year. It's going to be a fun year, either way!

At least if he has another horrible year, we're done with him after this one anyway. For 4.5 Million I expect a lot more than what he produced. I sure as hell know he's capable too. He's almost like our forward equivalent of Ron Hainsey, except Jokinen actually has scored a goal as a Jet, at least.

calder

Wheeler on 1290 talking about next year, sounds pumped. Apparently he was saying Buff looks great this offseason and should be beasting out of the gate. *swoon*

image0hutq.jpg

Top Bottom