• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Cake Boss

Banned
What if Tampa trades for that #1 pick to get Jones, they need a dman as well.

Colorado gets its wish and picks Drouin at #3 and plus another asset.

Samyy

So would Quebec eventually end up in the new Northbeast?
Or would the put them in the Atlantic and throw Columbus back into the west?

Samyy

Redwings should go back to the west since they have a lot of really good rivalries there.

I think they've always wanted to be in the East though?
And with 3 other original six teams in that division I don't think developing rivalries will be much of a problem.

ZeroGravity

What if Tampa trades for that #1 pick to get Jones, they need a dman as well.

Colorado gets its wish and picks Drouin at #3 and plus another asset.
I don't know what we could conceivably give them to make the deal work. I'd assume if they're trading away the chance to pick Jones they'd want a defenseman in return, which we don't really have a lot of depth in.

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't know what we could conceivably give them to make the deal work. I'd assume if they're trading away the chance to pick Jones they'd want a defenseman in return, which we don't really have a lot of depth in.

Maybe your 2nd rounder which is going to be the #33 pick I think, they can pick up Samuel Morin or Hagg with that pick.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Are the Coyotes in Quebec yet?

City says they will not make a decision until June 25th

Then...

Daly: "We expect that representatives from the Renaissance group will begin meeting with the City to see if a mutually agreeable lease arrangement can be forged expeditiously."

This is chapter 1 of the blame game

City says they will not make a decision until June 25th

Then...

Daly: "We expect that representatives from the Renaissance group will begin meeting with the City to see if a mutually agreeable lease arrangement can be forged expeditiously."

This is chapter 1 of the blame game
Yep. Notice the wording, Bettman and crew are washing themselves away from this.

ZeroGravity

Maybe your 2nd rounder which is going to be the #33 pick I think, they can pick up Samuel Morin or Hagg with that pick.
I'd imagine it might take more than that (especially if there's a bidding war), but either way, if the #1 pick is to be had, I hope Yzerman would be aggressive enough to go for it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Would take a lot more then an additional 2nd rounder for Tampa to get that 1st overall....

Would take a lot more then an additional 2nd rounder for Tampa to get that 1st overall....
Unless Lindback were to be moved, or a vet like Salo or Carle to add to that. Still if Colorado wants a offensive D-man, draft Jones. He'll be cheaper, committed for at least 7 years and is better than any d-man Tampa is willing to move.

Red_Man

Unless Lindback were to be moved, or a vet like Salo or Carle to add to that. Still if Colorado wants a offensive D-man, draft Jones. He'll be cheaper, committed for at least 7 years and is better than any d-man Tampa is willing to move.
Exactly, no one is getting that 1st pick without being royally fleeced.

Hunter S.

Joe and Patty better get something Damn good for the top pick if they make his rumored trade. Forget Droin without a good deal. We need more guys in their prime and with leadership noooww!!!!!!!

Also, Denver and Colorado welcomes the Roys back to their 2nd home.

Red_Man

Just caught up to that OT stuff about the virgin thread......no words. I hate this forum sometimes, this is why I never go into those threads. So embarrassing for so many people.

Red_Man

It's easy for me to forget this is a video game forum when I mostly post in NHL threads, and the odd OT thread, then you go into threads like that and it's another world. Lots of people on both sides of the fence spewing shit, Gaf is the last place people should turn to for issues like that.

Red_Man

Devolution is a particularly poisonous tough guy since she always seems to have a few people at her heels ready to applaud anything she says on her soap box.
I was going to point her out, but I don't know how strict the modding is on that kind of stuff. One of the absolute worst though, that's why I said the thread was embarrassing for a lot of people.

Marvie_3

Banned
Devolution is a particularly poisonous tough guy since she always seems to have a few people at her heels ready to applaud anything she says on her soap box.

Gozer's+gate.jpg

Yeah. Gaf OT is the most dangerous type of place for discussing things. You can often just watch the poorly masked insecurity come out. I won't go full Manics in bashing the user base around here, but I'd wager that NHL-Gaf would sadly qualify as MUCH more well adjusted in the outside world than the rest of this board.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah. Gaf OT is the most dangerous type of place for discussing things. You can often just watch the poorly masked insecurity come out. I won't go full Manics in bashing the user base around here, but I'd wager that NHL-Gaf would sadly qualify as MUCH more well adjusted in the outside world than the rest of this board.

Cakeboss's liver would like to have a word with you there.

They already have Duchene, O'Rielly and Statsny.

Stastny is functionally useless for what he costs, and between Duchene and O'Reilly, the latter doesn't seem to have much of a future with the Avalanche. MacKinnon just seems like too good a fit for their (obvious) problems for them to pass on him, and take an arguable risk by drafting Jones.

equippedwithtowel said:
The mix of internet tough guys and self conscious people who take them seriously is fucking toxic.

OT is macroscale Hawks-GAF?

Heretic

Joe and Patty better get something Damn good for the top pick if they make his rumored trade. Forget Droin without a good deal. We need more guys in their prime and with leadership noooww!!!!!!!

Also, Denver and Colorado welcomes the Roys back to their 2nd home.
Bobby Ryan + our 1st for your first.

Top Bottom