• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Montresor

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569021

Starts around page 10 for when the drunkycow guy starts talking about killing himself. Page 10, 100 ppg.

Thanks. Also, totally unrelated, but I'm so stoked about Snap and Multitasking for the Xbox One.

Yeah, yeah, I know, there's a lot of shitty things about this system right now, but these two scenarios popped in my head up recently that had me wishing I had an Xbox One today.

1) Currently I'm doing a second playthrough of Vanquish on 360, mopping up miscellaneous achievements, and I would KILL for the ability to snap-in an Internet Explorer page or the Youtube app (with voice commands, no less), instead of having to use my crappy iPhone as an achievement guide.

2) I'm moving out soon to my own place, and the thought of answering Skype calls as a snapped-in app while I continue to play a game got me excited, haha.

I'm such an Xbot.

Marvie_3

Banned
Don't hate on vinyl man, $6 for

12710.jpg

.....Ok that was totally worth the $6

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Thanks. Also, totally unrelated, but I'm so stoked about Snap and Multitasking for the Xbox One.

Yeah, yeah, I know, there's a lot of shitty things about this system right now, but these two scenarios popped in my head up recently that had me wishing I had an Xbox One today.

1) Currently I'm doing a second playthrough of Vanquish on 360, mopping up miscellaneous achievements, and I would KILL for the ability to snap-in an Internet Explorer page or the Youtube app (with voice commands, no less), instead of having to use my crappy iPhone as an achievement guide.

2) I'm moving out soon to my own place, and the thought of answering Skype calls as a snapped-in app while I continue to play a game got me excited, haha.

I'm such an Xbot.
I thought those features looked really cool and useful, but then Gaf told me I'm a fucking idiot who only enjoys playing solitaire and I'm going to die alone.

I am guessing you are Ryan White, the guy that acts tough and is full of salt.
It's true, you should see how many PM's I've sent Heretic challenging him to scrap him out, fucking pussy won't make the trip up to Canada though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What's that Drouin kids game like? Some think he is better than MacKinnon?
I do personally, I just think he has higher upside. He's smaller with incredible hockey IQ & hands, Mackinnon gets a lot of hype because he's a center, that last MC game, Druin had 5 assists that tied for the tournament record.

Montresor

Actual link if you really want to wade through it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=565937&page=9

Nice, I'm quickly skimming trying to find the perfect spot to start reading the thread, and I found this at post #960:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59672941&postcount=960

I'm just gonna say that devo doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about and is making a ton of false assumptions about the people she's talking about. She just sets up this "nice guy" strawman who only talks to women because he views them as sex objects and socializing with them is simply an obstacle standing in the way of sex, then rips this strawman apart while her little groupies jump in all "HURF DURF YEAH YOU TELL THOSE LOSERS DEVO!"

Maybe while you're accusing guys with girl troubles of being unable to to talk to girls as actual human beings, you're the one who should try to talk to those guys as the actual human beings they are and not the walking stereotypes you've invented in your head and assume they all are. Maybe try to understand where we're coming from that doesn't end in, "You are basically horrible and selfish."

A shiver shot throughout my entire body. "This is gonna be good.gif" if you catch my meaning. Now I have to scroll back a bit to see which comments from Devolution elicited that reaction out of kevincow.

Socreges

Banned
Nice, I'm quickly skimming trying to find the perfect spot to start reading the thread, and I found this at post #960:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59672941&postcount=960

A shiver shot throughout my entire body. "This is gonna be good.gif" if you catch my meaning. Now I have to scroll back a bit to see which comments from Devolution elicited that reaction out of kevincow.
Make sure you read after #960, too. It's all pretty disturbing.

KevinCow was ultimately banned (post-suicide attempt for being an asshole to everyone, I think). Here's hoping there are people who will maintain intact with him. It sounds like he has a really shitty support network.

Heretic

I'm such an Xbot.
*bro-fist*

I thought those features looked really cool and useful, but then Gaf told me I'm a fucking idiot who only enjoys playing solitaire and I'm going to die alone.
My man! Give me a high fi---
It's true, you should see how many PM's I've sent Heretic challenging him to scrap him out, fucking pussy won't make the trip up to Canada though.
I'LL COME AT YOU LIKE A SPIDER MONKEY!!!

Cake Boss

Banned
So you got a bunch of losers that are following this Devo person whenever she posts and basically cheer her on everything she posts, hoping that she will recognize them and respond to their creepy desperate PMs they keep sending out to her.

Her vagina must smell amazing.

So you got a bunch of losers that are following this Devo person whenever she posts and basically cheer her on everything she posts, hoping that she will recognize them and responding to their creepy desperate PMs they keep sending out to her.
The legion of white knights is a strange, yet desperate bunch.

Marvie_3

Banned
So you got a bunch of losers that are following this Devo person whenever she posts and basically cheer her on everything she posts, hoping that she will recognize them and respond to their creepy desperate PMs they keep sending out to her.

Her vagina must smell amazing.

:lol

Acid08

Banned
Not as upset as I thought I'd be. Team played really well through the playoffs and I didn't expect anything from them going into this season. Next year is going to be interesting.

Main questions:

1. Are we keeping Boyle
2. Will Burns remain a forward
3. Will Thornton and Marleau be effective at all next year
4. Is Torres going to be resigned
5. Which prospects will be ready to go next year

AND FUCK YOU BRENDAN SHANAHAN YOU INCONSISTENT CUNT PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just realized that if Dallas gets AV... AV will be coaching Vernon "laugh attack" Fiddler. This has potential.

Mii

Banned
Not as upset as I thought I'd be. Team played really well through the playoffs and I didn't expect anything from them going into this season. Next year is going to be interesting.

Main questions:

1. Are we keeping Boyle

1. Go home old man
2. Depends what defensemen are on the market/in the pipeline
3. Probably not but they'll still be around
4. Fuck him. Sign him and send him to the minors to get rid of him once and for all
5. I haven't been keeping an eye on this as of late, haven't had the time. You'd think I'd be in the best position to do so being as close to Worcester as I am.

And its Doug Wilson's fault for thinking Raffi Torres wouldn't get a suspension like this.

Acid08

Banned
1. Go home old man
2. Depends what defensemen are on the market/in the pipeline
3. Probably not but they'll still be around
4. Fuck him. Sign him and send him to the minors to get rid of him once and for all
5. I haven't been keeping an eye on this as of late, haven't had the time. You'd think I'd be in the best position to do so being as close to Worcester as I am.

And its Doug Wilson's fault for thinking Raffi Torres wouldn't get a suspension like this.

I guess but Torres really fit what we needed in a third liner. Our bottom six was/is fucking pathetic.

As far as prospects go we're looking for Hertl to be ready first and foremost. Nieto, Hamilton, Hayes, and Shultz behind him. We have some decent D coming up. Tennyson is a Bay Area kid that got a couple games with the papa Sharks this year and looked decent.

iqubal

Banned

Main questions:

1. Are we keeping Boyle

The canucks will gladly take Thorton off your hands :p

But yeah, the sharks fought hard and the series could have went either way. Torres can be effective when dishing out clean hits, but the problem is he's very wreckless a lot of the times.

Acid08

Banned
Forgot about this one:

What happens to Havlat? TMac was really unhappy when he came back to give us a whopping 4 minutes of ice time before he reinjured himself. I think keeping him would be worth it if we can't find a suitable replacement. If we can then buy him the fuck out.

AcridMeat

Banned

Main questions:

1. Are we keeping Boyle

First, same. They didn't give us another choke which was really great to see. However...

While I think Boyle is great and I love the guy, after seeing some stuff these playoffs he'll probably be less effective next year.

I want Burns as a D man again, especially if Boyle goes.

Fuck Shanahan yes, but even moreso FUCK TOM CRUISE

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, I'm done watching West Wing, now starting Firefly. Watched the first episode. Hold on a second, is this like... a Sci-Fi in Western style series? If so: Awesome. Or is that a faulty first impression?

-CRASH-

Banned
So, I'm done watching West Wing, now starting Firefly. Watched the first episode. Hold on a second, is this like... a Sci-Fi in Western style series? If so: Awesome. Or is that a faulty first impression?
nope you had it right the first time. awesome. but only one season :(

the movie tho.... good/bad depending on who you ask

Top Bottom