• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Acid08

Banned
I liked Serenity. You're going to watch it either way because when you finish Firefly you're going to want more.

Kind of like Twin Peaks. You'll watch Fire Walk With Me after finishing the series but eeeeeeeh.

Quick

Banned
It doesn't grow very thick, but I'll miss it anyway. Excuse my shitty cellphone camera.

izkVq5FEsLwEs.gif

calder

So, I'm done watching West Wing, now starting Firefly. Watched the first episode. Hold on a second, is this like... a Sci-Fi in Western style series? If so: Awesome. Or is that a faulty first impression?

Perfectly accurate first impression. If you think a scifi western sounds awesome... holy shit I envy you. Just go marathon it all so we can discuss episodes ;)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Perfectly accurate first impression. If you think a scifi western sounds awesome... holy shit I envy you. Just go marathon it all so we can discuss episodes ;)

Why do you envy me? Because I get to watch it for the first time?

And I tend to marathon my shows, yeah. I went through 7 20-full-hour-episode seasons of West Wing in about... a month or so. :/

Marvie_3

Banned
Why do you envy me? Because I get to watch it for the first time?

And I tend to marathon my shows, yeah. I went through 7 20-full-hour-episode seasons of West Wing in about... a month or so. :/

I watched the entire series of the Sopranos in under 5 days once.

calder

Unless I deduct points for 'only' being one (near perfect) season long Firefly is probably my favourite TV show ever. Watched it on Fox when it aired - it seemed I was one of a few hundred ppl total - and was cancelled after like 9 or so episodes were shown out of order. We didn't even get the pilot until after it was cancelled. Lol tangent but I asked my wife when the pilot aired and she says December 20, 2002. I haven't looked but she has a fucking creepy memory for dates.

I also consider Terriers one of my all time favourite TV shows and it only had one season, but it really helps that, like Firefly, it was constructed so that the one season was at least mostly self contained and didn't end on a crazy plot cliffhanger.

Socreges

Banned
On another note:

Today in, youtube links i will NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS click: This thread
Watching The Prestige last night mixed with reading KevinCow's posts about committing suicide dealt me two enormously fucked up dreams. After the second I was apparently shouting nonsense in my sleep and instantly woke up. I spent the following ten minutes tweaking out while wide awake.

Don't want to know what that video would trigger.

Socreges

Banned
But he WAS inside the bubble. *looks around suspiciously*

Normally the banned person has some way of communicating to GAF. How do we do this with Cake Boss? Could equipped go check out his favourite alley or something?

RC

Banned

Normally the banned person has some way of communicating to GAF. How do we do this with Cake Boss? Could equipped go check out his favourite alley or something?

Wasn't he conceived in an alley?

Quick

Banned

Cake Boss probably signed out and is currently lurking.

We could get him into the Vent chat and ask.

I'll camp out by the 1 for 1 near where you buy crack on rideau.

He'll show up eventually.

Post up a giant sign on a wall that says "CAKE BOSS FROM NEOGAF, COME HERE."

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shit, are you watching the show?

He's the only doctor I've actually watched seasons of. Is he still the current one? I feel like that gif contains some major spoilers if she permanently stays in stone, though. :( Just tell me she's fine and I'll forgive you for the minor episode-spoiler. TELL ME SHE'S FINE QUICK.

Also, I'll send Cakeboss a message on XBOX live and ask him how long he's banned for.

Quick

Banned
He's the only doctor I've actually watched seasons of. Is he still the current one? I feel like that gif contains some major spoilers if she permanently stays in stone, though. :( Just tell me she's fine and I'll forgive you for the minor episode-spoiler. TELL ME SHE'S FINE QUICK.

Also, I'll send Cakeboss a message on XBOX live and ask him how long he's banned for.

She'll be fine. Don't you worry your Swiss face. SHE'LL BE FINE.

calder

I watched and liked Torchwood but have still never seen Doctor Who. Seems like there's too much, and the first episode of the 'modern' era is kinda lame so I never make it through even though I'm sure it gets good. Mannequins? Pass.

I need to skip a few doctors and start a couple of years ago maybe.

Quick

Banned
I watched and liked Torchwood but have still never seen Doctor Who. Seems like there's too much, and the first episode of the 'modern' era is kinda lame so I never make it through even though I'm sure it gets good. Mannequins? Pass.

I need to skip a few doctors and start a couple of years ago maybe.

You could technically skip out on Series 1, but you deprive yourself of one of the best Doctors. And as much as first impressions makes a lasting impression, I think, in this case, it gives you a starting point, and you see the show improve over the course of the season.

Acid08

Banned
You could technically skip out on Series 1, but you deprive yourself of one of the best Doctors. And as much as first impressions makes a lasting impression, I think, in this case, it gives you a starting point, and you see the show improve over the course of the season.
l.gif

9 is totally great. Love that series.

geeko

I should really give Doctor Who a go. I really like British comedy in general, but I have really hard times getting into new TV series. I just don't watch much TV. I do love me some Red Dwarf though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well....that kevincow situation escalated quickly.

This fucking forum sometimes and the shitheads in OT...

I hate all your fucking teams, but I'd still defend you guys if I came across you in the OT side. You mah family! :'(

Except you xbots can go eat each other's trash. >=[

Quick

Banned
Well....that kevincow situation escalated quickly.

This fucking forum sometimes and the shitheads in OT...

I hate all your fucking teams, but I'd still defend you guys if I came across you in the OT side. You mah family! :'(

Except you xbots can go eat each other's trash. >=[

Kave Man would throw you to the wolves, probably.

Top Bottom