• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Hunter S.

Just watched first Dr. Who ever. Kind of funny. British accents were I will say tolerable. Kind of Corny. No guns. No violence. I just do not know if can handle no guns. Plastic weirdness wtf.

Heretic

Well....that kevincow situation escalated quickly.

This fucking forum sometimes and the shitheads in OT...

I hate all your fucking teams, but I'd still defend you guys if I came across you in the OT side. You mah family! :'(

Except you xbots can go eat each other's trash. >=[

hm.

Heretic

we're dropping like flies!!! we have to keep our opinions like those to ourselves.

Edit: What Socreges said. I agree with them too... about demonstrating stuff.

Ugh. I'm not going to reply to that at risk of being snippy at you.

At any rate, I see Lore banned him to try to make it better? Not sure that will help. I know what he was trying to accomplish, but...

Heretic

In that thread he made last night?

I remember one of his replies on the original sticky thread.

Ugh. I'm not going to reply to that at risk of being snippy at you.

At any rate, I see Lore banned him to try to make it better? Not sure that will help. I know what he was trying to accomplish, but...

Dude, he was being a dick. He has mental problems and I get that but he was still being a dick.

When you get to the point where you attempt suicide, your mind isn't exactly functioning correctly. I doubt he was being a dick intentionally. Come on. That's fucking stupid to even say.

Heretic

When you get to the point where you attempt suicide, your mind isn't exactly functioning correctly. I doubt he was being a dick intentionally. Come on. That's fucking stupid to even say.

So you agree. Look, I'm not going to hold it against him because of his mental illness. We've all been in a state of mind where we're not thinking clear. He needs help and I sincerely hope he gets it.

Edit: I don't know if that's why he was banned. I wouldn't be surprised if the mods banned him so that he can get off these boards for a while. He needed time to cool off. They've done this before.

I don't agree. My point was, whatever he was doing, it wasn't "him" per se. And to imply he would have done it otherwise is irresponsible and is a completely unfounded assumption.

At any rate, let's move on.

Heretic

I don't agree. My point was, whatever he was doing, it wasn't "him" per se. And to imply he would have done it otherwise is irresponsible and is a completely unfounded assumption.

At any rate, let's move on.

My words aren't coming across as I'd hope they would. I agree with everything you've said. He wasn't himself because of his illness.

Edit: Maybe it wasn't my wording then :p I'd like to know your opinion on this, Soc. (seriously)

Mental health is a dumb argument, coming from the king of getting involved in dumb arguments.

Okay.

Edit: I might just be misunderstanding Heretic. Who knows.

My point, Heretic, was just that even if he was acting dickish, it certainly was not intentional, so I wouldn't hold it against him at all.

Socreges

Banned
Mental health is a dumb argument, coming from the king of getting involved in dumb arguments.

Okay.
I get into arguments all the time, but I ensure they have a point and that I'm not deliberately twisting someone's words to make it look like they're saying something they're obviously not.

This isn't a mental health argument. It's semantics at its most pointless.

I get into arguments all the time, but I ensure they have a point and that I'm not deliberately twisting someone's words to make it look like they're saying something they're obviously not.

This isn't a mental health argument. It's semantics at its most pointless.

Not what i'm trying to do at all, and I frankly don't think it's even an "argument" like you say. I was just trying to point out to heretic that he certainly wasn't being a dick intentionally, so I see no reason to hold it against him by calling it out.

Socreges

Banned
You scolded Heretic, sox.

"I doubt he was being a dick intentionally. That's fucking stupid to even say" (but he never said that)
"And to imply he would have done it otherwise is irresponsible and is a completely unfounded assumption." (but he never implied or assumed that)

Call this a conversation and not an argument then. Whatever. Then it's a stupid and pointless conversation. KevinCow WAS being a dick and while he deserves someone pointing out that he was being a dick under special circumstances (kudos to you), you continued to press the point and make up shit even after Heretic more than conceded that. At which point I think Heretic, the spice of NHL-GAF, deserved someone on his side.

He obviously meant 'demonstrating [her best qualities]'.

Yeah, hey, here's a really novel concept. Let's NOT make creepy comments and be misogynistic.

And it's probably just me, but I really couldn't care less about who people find hot. Why is everyone in a rush to tell a bunch of dudes what gives you an erection? Unless it's some sort of drunken campfire 'truth or dare' scenario.

My own personal limit is "Wow, she's beautiful" because anything past that is NOT good conversation or even witty.

Heretic

You scolded Heretic, sox.

"I doubt he was being a dick intentionally. That's fucking stupid to even say" (but he never said that)
"And to imply he would have done it otherwise is irresponsible and is a completely unfounded assumption." (but he never implied or assumed that)

Call this a conversation and not an argument then. Whatever. Then it's a stupid and pointless conversation. KevinCow WAS being a dick and while he deserves someone pointing out that he was being a dick under special circumstances (kudos to you), you continued to press the point and make up shit even after Heretic more than conceded that. At which point I think Heretic, the spice of NHL-GAF, deserved someone on his side.
LOLOL!!!
Heretic needed somebody by his side?

I have failed.
It's the time difference! I know you'd be there otherwise <3

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
How many kittens did that cost you?

Surprisingly not as much as I thought.

As Leafs and Wings fans know they did a random draw for first crack at the tickets after seasons seat holders. I got an email yesterday that I won the draw.

They only allow a maximum of 4 tickets to be purchased and they force you to buy ahl tickets for the event as well.

In total 4 tickets for the marlies and winter classic came out to just over 700 dollars.

28 bucks for the marlies and 149 for the classic.

Cactus

Banned
If the Leafs re-sign Bozak, I'll be pissed. He's mediocre offensively, mediocre defensively and only seems to play well with Kessel.

Since faceoffs are a concern, I'd rather trade for another center to play on the third line. Giving Bozak a substantial raise would only hurt the team.

Sure it's fair to say that Kadri isn't ready for the first line and Grabovski is a question mark, but I'd rather run with those two (who are both much better than Bozak, IMO) as opposed to paying Bozie $4m+ to win faceoffs and be Kessel's best bud.

Top Bottom