• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
OT is such a trainwreck sometimes.

Thank god for the bubble.

I started Bioshock Infinite and it keeps making me acquire "salts" to use my powers. I enjoy it every time they mention it.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I had amazon credit and it was on sale. I haven't bought a full priced game since Assassin's Creed 3, which sucked and made me remember why its better to wait for hype to die down and sales to begin.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Genuinely surprised Tortorella was fired. My guess is this was Dolan's decision, because the org didn't seem interested in making the move.

calder

Anyone else like me didn't know what Lundqvist comments they meant on twitter:

And it may be happening in New York, where the biggest question of all next season will be whether Henrik Lundqvist wants to put up with this place much longer.

The word “tense” comes into play a lot during playoff hockey, but on Monday it took on a different meaning when Lundqvist used the past tense while describing his time with the Rangers. Given the opportunity to swear his allegiance forever to the sacred, diagonal logo — as did virtually every other free-agent-to-be — Lundqvist quite specifically avoided such a commitment.

“I’m gonna talk to my agent, and we’ll see,” Lundqvist said about potential contract talks. “You know, I had such a great time here in New York. From day one they treated me really well and have given me an opportunity to play a lot of hockey. It’s been a lot of fun. I have one more year on the contract. I’m just focused on — well, right now, I’m trying to get over this year — but we’ll see. I’ll talk to my agent and take it from there.”
Like Tortorella, Henrik Lundqvist has a year remaining on his contract and has an uncertain future with the Rangers.

Lundqvist chose to say “had” and “been,” when he might have employed “am having” and “is.” Those are sentences worth parsing. No matter where you stand on Tortorella, you surely know that Lundqvist is the most important element on this team. Tortorella’s relationship with Lundqvist, not his relationship with Brad Richards or Ryan Callahan, may become the single most important reason the coach is rehired or sent packing next season.

The Islanders have nobody right now :lol

Whoops, I thought Nabokov still had a year left. Plus maybe they'll resign tim thomas! :p

Honestly, right after I walked away from this thread to go to lunch with my coworker, I said "you know, I bet this is because of Lundqvist."

It pretty much has to be that. There was nothing else pressing happening in the club, they were probably afraid he wouldn't resign.

Edit: Equippedwithtowel banned too?!??!!? Sens gaf is disappearing.

Var

I have to wonder if Rangers will roll the dice and try to convince him to stay. They could definitely move up in the draft for Henrik if they dealt him now.

If the Flyers dont resign Gagne, buyout Bryz and Briere, and put Pronger on LTIR, they would save $20.7m against next years cap. That doesnt even count the salaries of other players they could presumably trade for cheaper players. Henrik needs to become a FA and the Flyers should offer him the biggest contract in NHL history.

Top Bottom