• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've done pretty well so far not getting spoiled on any of what seems to be the major GoT spoilers.

The No book readers thread for the most part is good but some readers definitely come in there to spoil it as much as possible. Some are really subtle and some are idiots in how they try to be subtle.

Then there are a few who seem to take great enjoyment out of spoiling it. At some point last week apparently someone came in spoiled last night's episode then edited it out with "oops!". Luckily I didn't see it but some others weren't as fortunate.

Var

I've done pretty well so far not getting spoiled on any of what seems to be the major GoT spoilers.

The No book readers thread for the most part is good but some readers definitely come in there to spoil it as much as possible. Some are really subtle and some are idiots in how they try to be subtle.

Then there are a few who seem to take great enjoyment out of spoiling it. At some point last week apparently someone came in spoiled last night's episode then edited it out with "oops!". Luckily I didn't see it but some others weren't as fortunate.

I didn't get to watch last night's episode yet, which pretty much means I have to avoid the entire internet until I get home.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Somebody came in the thread just before the episode started I think and said something along the lines of, "from what I hear, make sure you avoid the book readers thread tonight, sounds like something big will happen." As if anyone needed any reason to avoid the spoiler thread.

I suspect Ottawa will sign or trade Briere. Even reading some buzz that we're the only he'd waive his NMC for.

Don't know how I feel about that.

Curufinwe

I suspect Ottawa will sign or trade Briere. Even reading some buzz that we're the only he'd waive his NMC for.

Don't know how I feel about that.

You should feel honored if that's true because Briere waiving his NMC basically amounts to him setting a couple million dollars on fire.

I lost interest in the show after the first season because I've read all the books and book 2 isn't that memorable.

Caught a peek of last night's episode and it was pretty well done. I think the reaction I had when I read that part would've been the same as watching that scene without having read the book.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This year's buyouts have to be announced with 48hrs of the Cup being decided. Then the draft and FA start shortly after.

Apparently Brad Richards' fate isn't going to be decided until the Rangers have a new coach who will have input on what they should do with him, so they better hurry up on that.

A little bit surprisingly the Rangers have not pursued Lindy Ruff at all thus far and do not have permission to speak to him. According to Dreger, Gretzky says he's not on the list for coach of the Rangers. And Dave Tippett is apparently out of the mix for everybody.

So right now it looks like the main candidates are:
Vigneault
Eakins
Messier

fallout

Putting myself in the 'saw it coming' wagon.
But I didn't expect it at the hands of Frey nor for it to be that... Brutal.
I haven't seen the episode yet, but it's foreshadowed heavily in the books. (spoiler is fine if you've seen the episode)
The whole time I was reading, I was like: "No, no, no. Come on. No." and that was a chapter or two before shit went down. When it happened, I knew it was coming, but similarly, I did not expect it to be so brutal.

Haven't watched them all but I love that sort of stuff.

I'd watch / listen to hours of open commentary like this. Thought it was borderline amazing that the Banjo and Conker teams shared zero code and early Conker builds actually forced a complete redesign of Banjo.

I'd love a count of how many times the word cunt is said by the end of it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Incredible blog post by a (former) writer talking about dealing with John Tortorella. The man always seemed kinda off when it came to his interactions with Larry Brooks, but apparently he was a jerk to almost everyone? Hilarious.

http://davelozo.tumblr.com/post/51833408147/one-mans-perspective-on-dealing-with-john-tortorella

Tortorella walked up the three stairs, examined the chair and table as if it didn’t belong there, sat down, and looked out onto the gathered reporters with a long, deep sigh as if he were an 11-year-old and the human beings in the room were green beans he had to finish if he was going to be allowed to play video games later.

That's gold Jerry, GOLD!

This doesn't surprise me though, Torts always came off as a giant dickhead.

ZeroGravity

So the Lightning hired Rick Bowness as an assistant coach. Canucks-GAF want to give me an idea whether this is a good or bad thing?

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER

I lurked the no book thread after last night's ep to read reactions. Would never post in there, its not for me to take part in. Saw your posts in the GoT thread, but here in the bubble, I'd like to say

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro.png

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I lurked the no book thread after last night's ep to read reactions. Would never post in there, its not for me to take part in. Saw your posts in the GoT thread, but here in the bubble, I'd like to say

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro.png

spoilers for episode 9:

Robb was one of my faves man, didn't expect that at all. To be honest I thought at worst he'd get maimed or maybe they'd kill his wife that's it but didn't expect a complete massacre

Curufinwe

Yeah, it's 8 years when a team is re-signing its own Player.

No way they'll pay him $12.8 million a year. I think 8 years, $64 million is the most they could pay without severely limiting their ability to pay their other guys, and they have a lot of FAs to sign in the next year or so. Their only players contracted past next season are Nash and Richards.

http://www.capgeek.com/rangers/

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
Just filed to @NewsdaySports: sources say #Isles captain Mark Streit will not return. Turned down team's best offer, will hit open market.

Here's something for UFA day.

Top Bottom