• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

calder

I feel like I missed the chance to comment on the latest news from Phoenix a couple of days ago but here goes: that sounds like a whole bunch of bullshit right? The rumour of the 5 year loan with the option to give the team back to the NHL so they can move it in 5 years and avoid the transfer fee is total nonsense right? I simply can't accept that the rumours I heard from Hockey Central are even remotely... oh shit. Hockey Central. n/m

ZeroGravity

Oh shit. Competition committee has decided to grandfather in visors.

Hybrid icing will also be tested in preseason and 4-minute high sticking penalties can be reviewed by video.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So if NY makes that offer, they have to amnesty Richards. Right?

Richards is getting amnestied no matter what, the only question is whether it's this year or next. His contract is flat out impossible to maintain considering the likelihood is that he was going to retire with two or three years left on the clock, which would have had MASSIVE cap hit penalties (I think I saw something like a $17 million cap hit per year or something like that mentioned if he retires early), which would make it utterly impossible for the team to be competitive for those years.

My guess is that he gets bought out this year not so much because of his performance during the year (though that didn't help) but more because there's no guarantee he'll be healthy enough to be bought out next year.

The only other possible out would be putting him on LTIR at the starts of those final seasons, but I don't know if you can justify it for as long as they may need to.

Digging the competition committee changes.

Socreges

Banned
ibjNQS7oLHEghO.gif

Quick

Banned
Wtf is hybrid icing?

Refs blow the whistle if it looks like a player is going to cleanly touch the puck.

Wiki:

Play is stopped immediately if the player on the opposing team reaches the faceoff dot first, instead of skating all the way across the goal line to touch the puck. This type of icing is intended to reduce the number of collisions along the boards during "touch icing", but still allowing the team that iced the puck to get to it first to wave off the icing.

Osorio

Thanks.

I like all these changes. I also really hope they disregard the suggestion of a larger ice surface.

Ice soccer is boring as shit.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
God, jerseys are getting so fucking boring. Those stripes are atrocious. Same deal with the new Hurricanes jerseys.

12514199-1370363232-600x450.jpg

They got rid of the unique aspects (piping and flag patch on shoulders, pattern on hem) AND shrunk the logo for some reason.

Osorio

Reminds me of:

images

But with a terrible logo. That shit is seriously like a Goldfish cracker painted silver with a star behind it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lol it is way better than their current jerseys

And the logo is certainly good and will have lasting power

Glad they are finally moving away from Minnesota image

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
They tried to take North Dakota's jerseys and still messed up, god that logo is terrible.

Francois Allaire new goalie coach in Colorado, speculation is Montreal hires Eli Wilson, who has worked with Price for a while now.

Marvie_3

Banned
I feel like I missed the chance to comment on the latest news from Phoenix a couple of days ago but here goes: that sounds like a whole bunch of bullshit right? The rumour of the 5 year loan with the option to give the team back to the NHL so they can move it in 5 years and avoid the transfer fee is total nonsense right? I simply can't accept that the rumours I heard from Hockey Central are even remotely... oh shit. Hockey Central. n/m
It's never going to fly. It's pure bullshit.
Oh shit. Competition committee has decided to grandfather in visors.

Hybrid icing will also be tested in preseason and 4-minute high sticking penalties can be reviewed by video.
All good changes.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BL9F98yCUAImd5J.jpg:large[IMG]

New Dallas Stars logo and jerseys.

Seriously needs that gold.[/QUOTE]
I actually like these. Except for that logo. Shit's terrible.

Osorio

The only thing I like about the change is that they're using Green as a primary color.

There are no other teams with green as a primary other than Minnesota (haha)

calder

I want to congratulate the Stars for not having a red&blue or black sweater. I must however rescind the congrats in light of that mediocre logo. Sorry Dallas, but please ensure the Stars have a home game against the Jets next time I'm there thx.

Carolina is just pretty boring, but honestly the designer who was given "the personification of a hurricane as a sports team crest... go!" job back in '97 burst into tears or hanged himself so what can you really do. I still maintain there's like 6 good team name/logo/uniform combinations in all NA pro sports and the vast majority of the rest fall in the bland-to-bad spectrum.

RC

Banned
Dallas' new jersey's are kinda shitty. Did they really need to stick a big old D in front of the star?

Marvie_3

Banned
I want to congratulate the Stars for not having a red&blue or black sweater. I must however rescind the congrats in light of that mediocre logo. Sorry Dallas, but please ensure the Stars have a home game against the Jets next time I'm there thx.

Carolina is just pretty boring, but honestly the designer who was given "the personification of a hurricane as a sports team crest... go!" job back in '97 burst into tears or hanged himself so what can you really do. I still maintain there's like 6 good team name/logo/uniform combinations in all NA pro sports and the vast majority of the rest fall in the bland-to-bad spectrum.
I'll take bland over those abominations that were introduced in the 90s anyday.
is it racist that i laugh every time someone replies with "racist"

It's racist against people that don't reply with "racist"

Top Bottom