• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think there should be one more?

Oh man, I'm an idiot. I was looking at season 2, which ended on June 3rd 2012... For some reason I thought that was today. Nvm me.

My mind is kind of preoccupied with being wtf'd, excuse me.

Socreges

Banned
Oh man, I'm an idiot. I was looking at season 2, which ended on June 3rd 2012... For some reason I thought that was today. Nvm me.

Now that I know that scene has already aired, I need to get there fast.

Putting this in spoilers just to not give any indication of what to expect for people who haven't seen it yet.

Samyy

Dw.
I experienced this moment on a 14 hour plane ride to India for my cousins wedding.
Safe to say I did not smile/say a word to anyone while I was there. I apparently offended quite a few people.

Smiley90

Now that I know that scene has already aired, I need to get there fast.

Putting this in spoilers just to not give any indication of what to expect for people who haven't seen it yet.

Yeah I'm not even putting anything specific in spoilers, because i know how tempting spoiler-tags are to people :lol

This is the single second biggest wtf-moment in this show since that notorious event in season 1.

GOT DON'T READ GOT DON'T READ

Assuming you're all talking about the Wedding? How was it? My interest in the series took a nose dive after ADWD and the first season of the show.

GOT WARNING OVER PROCEED WITH YOUR NORMAL NHL-GAF VIEWING

Also, for any Conker / Rare fans out there, this has been fanfuckintastic so far:

Conker's Bad Fur Day Dev Commentary Sessions

I just went to view a spoiler because I'm used to them being punchlines.

Then I saw "GOT" and my wrist quickly flicked the mouse away before it finished dragging.

This is why I like being a goalie.

Smiley90

im reading all your spoilers while watching

YOU GUYS ARE FORCING ME TO WATCH IT ALL

Let us know when you're done. We've done a fine job of not going into specifics, not even the spoiler tags! Except Frey, who wrote something in his. But it could still be worse.

Smiley90

As long as you keep em spoiler tagged.

I'd say don't even put it in spoiler tags, spoiler tags are pure temptation, especially if people don't know what the posts are about and just check them out of habit.

Anyway, how long until we welcome Pens/LA-gaf (haha LA-gaf... good one) in here?

I'd say don't even put it in spoiler tags, spoiler tags are pure temptation, especially if people don't know what the posts are about and just check them out of habit.

Anyway, how long until we welcome Pens/LA-gaf (haha LA-gaf... good one) in here?

Once LA loses a game at home. Series is far from over until then.

Smiley90

well that escalated quickly

To quote bish:

so my wife is bawling and I'm looking for a cigarette and I don't even smoke #8753

The next bright star to bring up the books in here is getting punted for a good long while.

I suggest you pay attention to this guy. -BISH QUOTING HIS OWN POST ABOVE FROM ABOVE-

He's in a really shitty mood right now and ain't about that book life.

THIS FUCKING SHOW

Smiley90

I used to follow those threads (ie, the previous two seasons), but book readers were always spoiling shit without even realizing it. Wasn't worth the trouble.

Yeah I really appreciate them having two threads now. Not even "oooh you guys need to see this" "don't get too excited about x!" "just you wait until you see what happens" is tolerated, which is great. There's still some bookreaders pretending not to be in there being all "I think x is going to happen" though, I fear, which really sucks. :/ I just go there for post-episode reactions.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah I really appreciate them having two threads now. Not even "oooh you guys need to see this" "don't get too excited about x!" "just you wait until you see what happens" is tolerated, which is great. There's still some bookreaders pretending not to be in there being all "I think x is going to happen" though, I fear, which really sucks. :/ I just go there for post-episode reactions.
They had two threads for last season, too. It was an improvement, but still not perfect.

The funniest thing was Amir0x, apparently unwittingly, actually putting a spoiler in a thread title of his. Back when he was a mod. I asked him about it and he used his typical evasive bs. Apparently a bunch of people had mentioned the same but he refused to acknowledge it.

(the thread is buried now. dont go looking for it!)

I need to find more Sunday shows to watch to combat the Sunday night pre-work-week insomnia. Watching some Anthony Bourdain show on CNN.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I need to find more Sunday shows to watch to combat the Sunday night pre-work-week insomnia. Watching some Anthony Bourdain show on CNN.
Liked everything thus far except Koreatown....seriously one of the worst episodes I've seen him do across all his shows.

His NYC for the Layover was also ridiculous. 3 hotdog places....and he missed a TON of good stuff in Toronto as well.

I don't watch Game of Thrones, so I had to look up what this business is all about.

Fern Gully in medieval times.

Liked everything thus far except Koreatown....seriously one of the worst episodes I've seen him do across all his shows.

His NYC for the Layover was also ridiculous. 3 hotdog places....and he missed a TON of good stuff in Toronto as well.

It's a decent time filler. Certainly a step above the usual Travel Channel nonsense.

So according to HFBoards, Marc Methot is a lock for Team Canada and the Pred's 4th pick is worth the Sedins + Hamhuis OR 6-8 1st picks.

RC

Banned
That's pretty much my reaction. Just finished watching.

Can't say I didn't see it coming, but it hit me hard regardless.

I thought that certain something in season one was shocking. Wow. Here comes that sea of emotion again.

I'm so glad that it wasn't spoiled for me in any way. (Glad I avoided this thread too)

I'd been looking forward to reading the no book spoilers thread for reactions, but fellow book readers ruined it.

There was only supposed to be one post saying "The book thread sends its regards."

The episode was amazingly well done.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'd been looking forward to reading the no book spoilers thread for reactions, but fellow book readers ruined it.

There was only supposed to be one post saying "The book thread sends its regards."

The episode was amazingly well done.

Yeah, thought the episode was great.
It has been a while since I read the book, but it seems the show had a lot of foreshadowing leading up to it

Merguson

Banned
Is the off-season here yet? Is the draft here yet? Is free agency here yet? Is 2013 season opener here yet?

At least some people are alluding to a busy summer because of the cap going down. Hopefully that's the case.

Is the off-season here yet? Is the draft here yet? Is free agency here yet? Is 2013 season opener here yet?

At least some people are alluding to a busy summer because of the cap going down. Hopefully that's the case.
This year's buyouts have to be announced with 48hrs of the Cup being decided. Then the draft and FA start shortly after.

Top Bottom