• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

God, jerseys are getting so fucking boring. Those stripes are atrocious. Same deal with the new Hurricanes jerseys.

12514199-1370363232-600x450.jpg

They got rid of the unique aspects (piping and flag patch on shoulders, pattern on hem) AND shrunk the logo for some reason.

The red one is ok. Very classic look, though I'd argue it looks too much like the Red Wings jersey. The white one is less appealing. Luckily they're keeping the black alternates.

Quick

Banned
Probably a joke tweet, but Icethetics retweeted someone who said that the Canes made the logo smaller on the new jerseys to make players look bigger. :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finally watched the GoT episode
and as a book reader it still fucking hurts. HBO did an amazing job though, but it felt like watching someone kill my dog a second time. I honestly don't know how I would have responded to that if I didn't know it was coming, I probably would have destroyed my computer. I stopped reading the books for two weeks when I read it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Finally watched the GoT episode
and as a book reader it still fucking hurts. HBO did an amazing job though, but it felt like watching someone kill my dog a second time. I honestly don't know how I would have responded to that if I didn't know it was coming, I probably would have destroyed my computer. I stopped reading the books for two weeks when I read it.

I ate an entire bar of chocolate trying to feel better afterwards. Fuck GRRM. Not as bad as the first season event, but still very upsetting.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I ate an entire bar of chocolate trying to feel better afterwards. Fuck GRRM. Not as bad as the first season event, but still very upsetting.
Really? I thought it was much worst, mostly because I didn't think he would pull the trigger on a main guy like that again, and Robb was my favourite character in the books, and he was suppose to get revenge for Ned and being happy :(. My heart was pounding the entire wedding scene, and I read the books years ago.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So the white Canes jersey is like a bootleg Habs jersey and the red one is a bootleg Wings jersey?

And the Stars are wearing the Whalers' jerseys with an even tackier logo? Or...I guess that's black instead of blue, huh? Meh.

Smiley90

Really? I thought it was much worst, mostly because I didn't think he would pull the trigger on a main guy like that again, and Robb was my favourite character in the books, and he was suppose to get revenge for Ned and being happy :(. My heart was pounding the entire wedding scene, and I read the books years ago.

Thing is, as a non-book-reader, I NEVER expected the show to basically kill their main character halfway through the first season. That was mind-blowing. After that, I got wary of having too much attachement to main characters.. but this still managed to came out of left field. I expected AT MOST his wife to die. But EVERYONE? wtf.

calder

Exactly. :(

It was funny that, as a book reader myself it totally snuck up on me. I hadn't been paying attention to how many episodes were left and I thought they might change up the events a little bit (mainly due to speculation online after season 2) so until the ceremony began I didn't think it was going to happen during that episode. Then it slowly becomes clear... a lot of feels man.

As in the books, somehow the killing of Robb's direwolf Grey Wind really got me, the first time I read the books I kept assuming something was going to happen and it was going to be alright and I really thought Grey Wind was going to get free (in the books he's freaking out even before the wedding and has to be penned up) and save the day. And then he's slaughtered like that without even a chance to kill some Frey assholes, although I think he rips one dudes arm off at least :(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly. :(

It was funny that, as a book reader myself it totally snuck up on me. I hadn't been paying attention to how many episodes were left and I thought they might change up the events a little bit (mainly due to speculation online after season 2) so until the ceremony began I didn't think it was going to happen during that episode. Then it slowly becomes clear... a lot of feels man.

As in the books, somehow the killing of Robb's direwolf Grey Wind really got me, the first time I read the books I kept assuming something was going to happen and it was going to be alright and I really thought Grey Wind was going to get free (in the books he's freaking out even before the wedding and has to be penned up) and save the day. And then he's slaughtered like that without even a chance to kill some Frey assholes, although I think he rips one dudes arm off at least :(

Don't read if you haven't read the books.

I wonder if they will show Grey Winds head on Robbs body next episode?

Smiley90

Nearly clicked that spoiler. We're now not only doing post-episode spoilers, but even pre-episode bookreader spoilers? damn, I'm outta here.

Merguson

Banned
I guess we hired Allaire as the new goalie coach. Hope he's full time.

Renaud Lavoie said it's just a part-time thing. Just like Ducks and Leafs gigs.

EDIT: I read something about Allaire having a full-time assistant coach for the goalies. So there's that.

malfcn

The white Canes jersey looks good to me. The rest are awful. Maybe more exposure and seeing on ice will look better.

Erdrick

They may have changed the logo (To something MUCH worse.) but the ghosts of Minnesota still remain with that colour of the jersey. Either that, or it's St. Patricks Day down in Dallas all year. Don't mind the colours actually but just... put the old logo back, please.

Carolina... I honestly would not have noticed probably unless someone pointed it out. Looks too much like a Red Wings jersey to me. THEY should have changed their logo. Mostly bland and boring to me. No personality. Just my feelings on those 2 redesigns.

Draft soon... And then the Free Agents go to play. Should be more exciting than last years.

Montresor

Heretic, Schuey, DopeyFish, and the other Xbox warriors in this thread.... I'm stepping off the Xbox hype train. Re: the latest rumours about bad yields forcing MS to have a vastly underpowered and vastly overpriced system (a sickening combination).

I really hope that ends up not being true. I could have lived with the specs they presented at the reveal. XB1 was underpowered compared to PS4 and that didn't bother me. But it's kind of disheartening to think of the implications of the latest rumour. The manufacturing process is in such a bad and chaotic state that they'll have to downgrade specs and charge higher to make up for failed boards.

Just the fact that they're forcing everyone to buy a Kinect should've given away their pricing strategy. Underpowered hardware that will likely cost the same or nearly the same as the PS4 because of that fucking Kinect.

Montresor

Just the fact that they're forcing everyone to buy a Kinect should've given away their pricing strategy. Underpowered hardware that will likely cost the same or nearly the same as the PS4 because of that fucking Kinect.

Nah I love the potential of the new Kinect, and I don't even care about Kinect games. I was sold the minute they showed OS navigation and voice controls. My problem isn't with Kinect. My problem is the very toxic idea of reducing clock speed to make up for bad yields, and then charging higher to make up for failed boards in the manufacturing process. I.E. futher underpower the system and then charge even more on top of that.

And this spells bad news for launch units as well. I don't want another RROD system on my hands. It might be better to just wait for the manufacturing process to get better in two-three years as an Xbox fan.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Heretic, Schuey, DopeyFish, and the other Xbox warriors in this thread.... I'm stepping off the Xbox hype train. Re: the latest rumours about bad yields forcing MS to have a vastly underpowered and vastly overpriced system (a sickening combination).

I really hope that ends up not being true. I could have lived with the specs they presented at the reveal. XB1 was underpowered compared to PS4 and that didn't bother me. But it's kind of disheartening to think of the implications of the latest rumour. The manufacturing process is in such a bad and chaotic state that they'll have to downgrade specs and charge higher to make up for failed boards.

Why not wait till after E3 before making any decisions.

I'm not even bothering with the gaming side until after E3 when shit is confirmed and settled. It's too much of a clusterfuck over there right now.

Smiley90

There's this magic thing called google smelly

Ain't nobody got time for googling. I did that before and stopped short of "Social Simulation game". So now I'm thinking Sims with animals.

I'm wrong, I know.

-shrugs-

Socreges

Banned
I still don't understand what the game&hype are about. I feel like I'm missing out. I might just get it because you guys are so hyped about it.
There are some guys down on East Hastings that rave about this new stuff, 'crack'. Not sure what it's about, but you'd better get on board. Must be good.

Erdrick

That's not very descriptive :lol

It's just a relaxing game. No pressure and just enjoyment in the simple things. Kind of like Harvest Moon with no deadline or financial pressure (Unless you count being held monetarily hostage by a raccoon as such.) It's all about the different personalities that inhabit the town you are in and how you shape it and them to your style and likings. Playing the Gamecube one late at night while it is raining around 2am and talking to Wolfgang, Admiral and some other of the more angry-type residents has a nice charm to me, for whatever reason. The music is so fitting too.

Acid08

Banned
It's just a relaxing game. No pressure and just enjoyment in the simple things. Kind of like Harvest Moon with no deadline or financial pressure (Unless you count being held monetarily hostage by a raccoon as such.) It's all about the different personalities that inhabit the town you are in and how you shape it and them to your style and likings. Playing the Gamecube one late at night while it is raining around 2am and talking to Wolfgang, Admiral and some other of the more angry-type residents has a nice charm to me, for whatever reason. The music is so fitting too.
No financial pressure? TOM NOOK WILL BREAK YOUR FUCKING KNEES, MAN.

Don't forget the NES games within. (Or do they not have those anymore in the newer versions?)

Unfortunately those were only in the original :(

Top Bottom