• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Solo

Heretic, Schuey, DopeyFish, and the other Xbox warriors in this thread.... I'm stepping off the Xbox hype train. Re: the latest rumours about bad yields forcing MS to have a vastly underpowered and vastly overpriced system (a sickening combination).

I really hope that ends up not being true. I could have lived with the specs they presented at the reveal. XB1 was underpowered compared to PS4 and that didn't bother me. But it's kind of disheartening to think of the implications of the latest rumour. The manufacturing process is in such a bad and chaotic state that they'll have to downgrade specs and charge higher to make up for failed boards.

The XBoner is a disaster.

PC >>>> PS4 >>>> Xboner >>>> Waggle

PS4 will be the only console I get this gen, breaking a 3 gen cycle of getting all of them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just had a need to post that if Holland ends up letting Brunner leave he is an idiot and needs to be fired.

As for gaming, PS4+Wii U+PC+Retron 5 for me this gen.

Var

Yeah, I am probably going to skip the new Xbox as well. The last system i skipped out on was the N64. My best friend had one though, so I would just go to his house to get my Golden Eye and Zelda fix.

Yeah I got it at launch and I wish I had waited. Oh well NSMBU was a lot of fun, and ZombieU was good to. Cant wait to see MarioU on Monday.

Just got mine about two weeks ago. I enjoy it, but I'm spending more time playing on the Gamepad screen than on the tv, which is kinda annoying...

Want some more visually impressive games...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
lol. I think at this point I play my vita the most of all my systems.

Vita is BY FAR my most played platform right now. I love that damn thing. Even if I rarely ever play actual Vita games on it. My most played Vita game by far is Gravity Rush (which is amazing), and I only started playing that like a week or two ago.

Meanwhile, Garrioch at the Ottawa Sun (yes, "lol Ottawa Sun") says that the Rangers coaching job is basically Messier's if he wants it, Vigneault's if he doesn't. Not going to put much stock in that, but it is pretty consistent with what seems to be the aggregate opinion right now.

Expect Carl Hagelin's re-signing to come pretty soon. His agent sounds over the moon, so the guy must be getting paid.

I have put like 200 hours into Disgaea 3 on the Vita. If you have PS+ the vita is an incredible system. I really couldnt be happier with that purchase. I dont even touch my 3DS anymore, I will now that AC:NL is coming out though.

Var

I have put like 200 hours into Disgaea 3 on the Vita. If you have PS+ the vita is an incredible system. I really couldnt be happier with that purchase. I dont even touch my 3DS anymore, I will now that AC:NL is coming out though.

Yeah, I haven't played my 3DS in weeks, but I picked up Luigi's Mansion 2 so I am going to start that soon.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I've had my 3DS for probably close to two years now, and I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say I've probably used my Vita more in the last two weeks alone than I have used my 3DS in the last two years.

Which is weird because the 3DS is starting to develop a pretty nice library.

Var

I've had my 3DS for probably close to two years now, and I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say I've probably used my Vita more in the last two weeks alone than I have used my 3DS in the last two years.

Which is weird because the 3DS is starting to develop a pretty nice library.

I got my 3DS at launch and have only completed two games on it (Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Land). I think my biggest problem with it is that it feels really uncomfortable to hold. I had the same issue with my Dsi.

Man, things are not looking good for Microsoft...

What do you mean? I havent seen anything bad yet. Once the games are shown at E3 we will have a slightly better idea how the XB1 will do, but even that wont really tell us anything. After the MTV reveal and E3 05 people were saying that the 360 was doomed, and now we see how dumb those people look.

Solo

Smart man. I'm waiting on the big guns to jump in on the WiiU

filepicker%2FBX2cMy0LSsuw1DG6tlpg_tumbleweed.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I just started playing Gravity Rush last night after wringing all I could out of Uncharted GA and Wipeout 2048.

One of the most overrated games I've ever played. Looks fantastic but is devoid of any fun and the combat and controls are awful.

We don't know that yet :p

We do know for a fact that both consoles are releasing this year, and I believe it is safe to say that the prices will be within $100 of each other. I just cant see Sony going price crazy with the PS4 after all the backlash they got due to the PS3's price.

I got my 3DS at launch and have only completed two games on it (Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Land). I think my biggest problem with it is that it feels really uncomfortable to hold. I had the same issue with my Dsi.

Get an XL. I was playing Kid Icarus on an OG 3DS and can only play one stage at a time. I suppose I should use the stand but my fingers were cramping so badly.

calder

PS4 could be cheaper than the Xbox Done. You never know.

I would not be shocked if PS4 is a bit cheaper, like $50 cheaper. I'd be very surprised if PS4 was more expensive but you never know.

Isn't PS4 using more expensive compenents though, or is that just the RAM?

Not really, the ram is a bit more expensive but the APU is less complex. And the Kinect 2 likely offsets any cost savings on the ram side, especially considering that the PS4 may not have a camera packed in at all.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gonna have to find a way to play The Last of Us, I guess. Sounds incredible.

Yeah I didn't care much for it but every so often the GAF hype gets to me. I may buy this game...or rightfully wait a few weeks for a price drop somewhere.

I would not be shocked if PS4 is a bit cheaper, like $50 cheaper. I'd be very surprised if PS4 was more expensive but you never know.

Not really, the ram is a bit more expensive but the APU is less complex. And the Kinect 2 likely offsets any cost savings on the ram side, especially considering that the PS4 may not have a camera packed in at all.

I thought that Mark Cherney confirmed that every PS4 would come with a PS Eye packed in?

calder

It's amazing someone got footage of him where he wasn't eating.

I hate confirming your sickening anti-Buff biases (racist) but Dustin is in fact blowing a kiss to the sous chef he contracted to set up the locker room pregame buffet. Buff loves that guy like Ladd loves his private dental surgeon and EKANE loves his on-call hair stylist.

Jori Lehtera won't be joining the Blues next year. Resigned with Sibir.

Centers? We don't need no stinkin' Centers.

Fuck.

Sure makes our trade needs simple. Wouldn't expect anything but Miller for non-Center acquisitions this summer.

Var

Get an XL. I was playing Kid Icarus on an OG 3DS and can only play one stage at a time. I suppose I should use the stand but my fingers were cramping so badly.

If it had been out when I bought mine, I would have. As it is now, not sure if it is worth buying the XL version. Also, if I did, how easy would it be to transfer over all of my digital games?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gonna have to find a way to play The Last of Us, I guess. Sounds incredible.
I was just telling a friend I'm going to have to go over and play it. It's the first game in years that I feel I need to play not named Halo / NHL.

Socreges

Banned
That doesn't look bad at all. Most of my digital games are just the ambassador games anyway, so they should be small.
I think it's a bit more complicated if you want to transfer over the save states for ambassador games (and VC games), so be careful.

Top Bottom