• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Socreges

Banned
Remember when you lost your Link's Awakening save? Fucking LOL
5LwKt.gif

i was about an hour and a half in

Quick

Banned
Yeah I didn't care much for it but every so often the GAF hype gets to me. I may buy this game...or rightfully wait a few weeks for a price drop somewhere.

I traded in my Xbox 360, so I have plenty of trade credit to spend. I'm pre-ordering TLOU later.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs had their prospect combine today, and apparently Mantha had an hour or so exchange with Timmins and his people and talked last week at the combine as well. Interesting to see them target him.

But he was named Preds' Director of PD, not Blues'.

He's retiring from the Blues to take that position with the Preds. We lost Lehtera today as he signed with Sibir and now no longer have Nichol either. I think the next Center would be...McRae? lollll

Eller trade made sense at the time. We needed Halak, but I don't think Halak ever wanted to play in STL. Who even knows how the Blues/Payne/Hitchcock would've handled Eller's development.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs had their prospect combine today, and apparently Mantha had an hour or so exchange with Timmins and his people and talked last week at the combine as well. Interesting to see them target him.

I've soured on him a bit based on scouting reports, plus when you look at the fact that he was one day away from being a 2012 draftee, his numbers don't look as stellar. I haven't seen him play myself, but I don't think I'd be mad getting him at 26 depending on who's left.

Acid08

Banned
AW MAN WHAT THE FUCK?????

HP Pavilion renamed to S.A.P. Center.

L7sq3_zps07aa5203.gif

Center full of saps.

Still The Tank till I die.

Var

All that Malkin to the KHL talk is hilarious. I hope he uses it to leverage the Penguins into paying him what he is worth.

Var

Because he's not getting paid what he's worth now? He'll probably get the same contract as Crosby, same as last time.

No lol. I don't think he is getting paid what he is worth. He can't get the same contract as Crosby this time around, can he? Wasn't Crosby's for 10 years?

Curufinwe

Because he's not getting paid what he's worth now? He'll probably get the same contract as Crosby, same as last time.

Crosby got a cap circumventing 12 year, $104.4 million deal. Those contracts are no longer allowed, which is why inferior players like Getzlaf and Perry have almost the same cap hit as Crosby. The best players will be demanding higher AAV to make up for their contracts being limited to 7 or 8 years.

If you think Malkin is as good as Perry, then yes, he's getting paid what he's worth now. But I think Malkin is significantly better than Perry, and Malkin probably does, too.

Malkin made $7.5m this year. I doubt there is anyone else on Earth besides you who feels that is all he is worth. I definitely expect he will get a bump up next year.

Malkin made $7.5m this year. I doubt there is anyone else on Earth besides you who feels that is all he is worth. I definitely expect he will get a bump up next year.

You can't be this dumb that you go by what they actually made. His cap hit is 8.7mil, just because he had a front loaded contract doesn't mean he's been underpaid this whole time.

You asked what his salary was not what his cap his is. I would say you cant be this dumb, but we know you definitely can. You still think MAF isnt garbage?

Curufinwe

You can't be this dumb that you go by what they actually made. His cap hit is 8.7mil, just because he had a front loaded contract doesn't mean he's been underpaid this whole time.

He hasn't been underpaid, but there's a new CBA now so he can't get a contract like Crosby's, and he doesn't have to accept one like Perry's. Even 8 years, $70 million would be Malkin giving the Pens a big hometown discount.

You asked what his salary was not what his cap his is. I would say you cant be this dumb, but we know you definitely can. You still think MAF isnt garbage?

Yes, he's underpaid because he wanted his contract front loaded. The logical leaps to make you think this was an intelligent thing to say is just mind numbing. Wow, just wow.

He hasn't been underpaid, but there's a new CBA now so he can't get a contract like Crosby's, and he doesn't have to accept one like Perry's. Even 8 years, $70 million would be Malkin giving the Pens a big hometown discount.

Read the posts, that's exactly what var and yankeehater think because his salary is lower than his cap hit.

Var

Yes, he's underpaid because he wanted his contract front loaded. The logical leaps to make you think this was an intelligent thing to say is just mind numbing. Wow, just wow.

Read the posts, that's exactly what var and yankeehater think because his salary is lower than his cap hit.

I absolutely think he is worth even more than his cap hit, and I hate the guy. He could definitely be making more elsewhere.

Top Bottom