• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Trying to catch up with gaming since I got home and my oh my. The meltdowns and damage control is amazing. E3 started early this year.

On one hand, I feel like I'm missing out on all the drama, but on the other hand I'd probably be tempted to post and get banned, plus I can't keep up with the speed that threads/news move in gaming-GAF anyway.

Marvie_3

Banned
If I friend you guys and my favourite neighbors go to your towns I will cut you.
If you have Scoot I will do whatever I have to do to get him in my town. I'll start engaging in illegal turnip trading and use the money to bribe your assistant into helping me gain control of your town out from under you. Then I'll fire the two guard dogs which will give terrorists free access to attack your town with pitfall landmines and bombs dropped from balloons unless he moves to my town.

On one hand, I feel like I'm missing out on all the drama, but on the other hand I'd probably be tempted to post and get banned, plus I can't keep up with the speed that threads/news move in gaming-GAF anyway.
I'm trying to read that Xbone FAQ thread but it keeps getting a page longer every refresh.

Oh a look at the Xbone spread the word thread. People are getting outed as MS PR people hard. This is glorious lol.

Edit: I barely ever post in these things, just observe. I fear the Bish carpet bombing in threads.

Razorskin

----- ------
Does this happen? They actually leave towns? I thought each town (ie, each cartridge) had the same cast of folk.

Neighbors move and get replaced, sometimes end up in friends towns if you played over wifi with them and they have an empty neighbor slot, this was my experience in Wild World.

Marvie_3

Banned
Neighbors move and get replaced, sometimes end up in friends towns if you played over wifi with them and they have an empty neighbor slot, this was my experience in Wild World.
In the Gamecube version, if you visited someone else's town, you were almost guaranteed to get one of their neighbors.

Smiley90

<3

Going to change all of your villagers catch phrases to "Canuckz :lol"

You should find a villager with a broom to do that to. I might just do that myself.

"So, you hear about them Canucks?" -sweep,sweep,sweep-

Please tell me there's a villager with a broom.

Samyy

The Atlus thread is killing me. If its a Persona title im going to have to cave and buy the fucking system at launch instead of waiting until summer 2014 :(

Acid08

Banned
The Atlus thread is killing me. If its a Persona title im going to have to cave and buy the fucking system at launch instead of waiting until summer 2014 :(
I wish it was a new Persona but no way it's going to be. No way the new Persona will be on either next gen console either. That's not how Atlus rolls.

Samyy

I wish it was a new Persona but no way it's going to be. No way the new Persona will be on either next gen console either. That's not how Atlus rolls.

Hey man, no one stops this train!!!
(I know :[)

Oh well Shane leaked that its a PS4 title so probably will buy regardless to support Atlus.

Samyy

Atlus is saying stuff about zombies and it being scary. So some kind of horror game?

Yea I guess, at this point I have no idea.
Maybe its another obscure Euro devs title their publishing in NA.

pretty much confirmed not Persona or Catherine.

Smiley90

The next podcast should be about Animal Crossing and how much we all hate the Pens&Queens.

Also all the Animal Crossing talk has got me interested too.

But I'd have to actually buy a 3DS.

And I dunno what else is coming out on there that I could possibly justify a want with.

Samyy

Also all the Animal Crossing talk has got me interested too.

But I'd have to actually buy a 3DS.

And I dunno what else is coming out on there that I could possibly justify a want with.

Its a great system, theres a 3DS thread in gaming somewhere that lists all upcoming games. The backlog in itself will keep you busy for a while.

Marvie_3

Banned
The next podcast should be about Animal Crossing and how much we all hate the Pens&Queens.

.....I'm ok with this.

Might as well remind everybody that we're recording on Saturday this weekend. I'm not doing anything but playing Animal Crossing sunday. No podcasts or anything.

Acid08

Banned
Hopefully I'll be able to grab RE Revelations and Fire Emblem on Sunday when I grab my XL. Luigi's Mansion 2 in the near future too.

Acid08

Banned
Excited to try a SMT game for the first time!
God randomly downloading Persona 3 on my PS3 last summer has completely changed me.

I am not feeling Fire Emblem as much as I expected to :(
Playing P3 for the PS2 back in the day was definitely one of the defining moments of last gen. Incredible game.

Samyy

Playing P3 for the PS2 back in the day was definitely one of the defining moments of last gen. Incredible game.

Agreed, its ridiculous how attached I got to the MC.
P3 spoilers:
I need better fucking closure, is he dead? Like fuck! Based on P4A im hoping Elizabeth does something

Commence meltdown goddammit Atlus!

Acid08

Banned
Agreed, its ridiculous how attached I got to the MC.
P3 spoilers:
I need better fucking closure, is he dead? Like fuck! Based on P4A im hoping Elizabeth does something
I don't know if we'll ever get an answer for that. I just hope that since P3 and P4 have been bridged together that the next game will still have a focus on those characters. Whether it's through the eyes of a new group or using the same characters as protagonists.

Samyy

We're not going to sit there and wait for you to switch back and forth between half a dozen headsets.

I've never finished P3

whzga.gif

Montresor

Re: MS used games, DRM, game sharing policy:

ImOkayWithThis.jpg

I was at a restaurant and they were showing LA vs CHICAGO and MIAMI vs SAN ANTONIO. There were a lot of passionate Blackhawks and Spurs fans in there.

Quick

Banned
Re: MS used games, DRM, game sharing policy:

ImOkayWithThis.jpg

I was at a restaurant and they were showing LA vs CHICAGO and MIAMI vs SAN ANTONIO. There were a lot of passionate Blackhawks and Spurs fans in there.

There appears to be a ton of Spurs fans in Toronto.

Spurs: Canada's team.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
During the lockout we should have made up some of those snazzy banners for team hope and team nope like the DRM people have on the gaming side.

Quick

Banned
My friends who watch basketball just keep changing their "favourite" team to whoever the good teams are in a season. Its fucking disgusting.

I don't care for basketball that much, but I watch as an outsider.

I do hope the Raptors get better. Probably won't be anytime soon, though.

During the lockout we should have made up some of those snazzy banners for team hope and team nope like the DRM people have on the gaming side.

There were quite a number of people here sporting "Hope" and "Nope" on their avatars, actually.

Smiley90

There were quite a number of people here sporting "Hope" and "Nope" on their avatars, actually.

Yeah we had our own Nope/Hope avatars. I remember my Obama one.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I know, I had one of them, doesn't seem the same though. They seem to take it much more seriously.

off-topic, but I got to try Oculus Rift last weekend. It was pretty impressive. It will be much better when they bump the resolution up though. 640x480 is pretty low.

Top Bottom