• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Samyy

They failed to even mention it or try to quell gamer's fears which I thought they might have did, or actually tackle the issue head on.

They are going to wait to see how it does in the market before making any efforts to change or tackle the issue further. They know online sentiment is not indicative of market performance. The xbox brand was very powerful in the United States and im sure they are banking on that.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Bumped to PS4, I'd guess? Works for me.

They won't announce a holiday price drop until the Fall.

And did they actually show the 3DS Smash?

Mario 3D World will probably be great, but it just looks like the same old NSMB shit but on a different plane.

I was arguing they should drop the price as soon as possible, it may be too late to do it around the holidays.

I don't get the 3D Mario comparisons to NSMB. Completely different games, different art styles, the characters control differently, etc.

They are going to wait to see how it does in the market before making any efforts to change or tackle the issue further. They know online sentiment is not indicative of market performance. The xbox brand was very powerful in the United States and im sure they are banking on that.

I agree, we shall wait and see.

If you don't have anything good to say, better say nothing.

Sadly this is true.

Solo

Has Rockstar ever hinted at a Red Dead sequel?

Not yet :_(

Here I sit patiently waiting for a sequel to the game of the gen/my fav console game since RE4.

With that said, I'm glad its not a launch title. Shit needs to be hot FIYA when it releases, right at the peak of next gen. My guess is it will be late 2015.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's more Nintendo's approach to it. As in, 3D Land to 3D World is similar to the transition from NSMB to NSMBWii.

Yeah I can see that, the game went from one of the best lookong 3DS titles to a pretty average looking Wii U game as well, especially compared to Mario Kart 8. I'm worried about the music too, but it looks fun, and way better artistically than any of the NSMB games.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad the consoles aren't out till November. Will give me some time to work on my backlog and play GTAV (which I wish there as a next-gen port of).

3DS and Wii U for me this year. PS4 next year.

03nUzzC.jpg

VubSpLR.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tortorella interviewed with the Canucks today. Vigneault interviewed with the Rangers today.

itshappening.gif

Uhh, oh, right. PS4 preordered last night. Feels good, man. Need to check out this FF XV gameplay vid right now and then the MGS V red band trailer. Finally to the nuts and bolts part of E3.

Solo

Would really like to replay it, not sure if I will get around to it since it takes a long time.

I've beaten it twice, the second time of which I 100% 'ed it. Just such a fun game to go off the beaten path in. I can spend hours treasure hunting and bear hunting (read: getting ass raped in Tall Trees by 10 bears at once) without ever touching the main story.

And that world design/atmosphere :eek: Tickles every single fibre of my being as a western lover.

Might be late to the convo. But I see no upside to the Xbone at all. I've tried and see absolutely none. Everyone I routinely play with is going PS4 as well. I'm not going to pay 100 more for a less powerful DRM box. No justification for it.

PS3 was supposedly more powerful then the 360, but the games never showed that. I thought MS had the much better looking games yesterday but Sony killed them with the price. I will gbe getting both for sure.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I've beaten it twice, the second time of which I 100% 'ed it. Just such a fun game to go off the beaten path in. I can spend hours treasure hunting and bear hunting (read: getting ass raped in Tall Trees by 10 bears at once) without ever touching the main story.

And that world design/atmosphere :eek: Tickles every single fibre of my being as a western lover.

:lol

Love when you first enter Mexico. One of my favorite moments in gaming.

Acid08

Banned
Tortorella interviewed with the Canucks today. Vigneault interviewed with the Rangers today.

itshappening.gif

Uhh, oh, right. PS4 preordered last night. Feels good, man. Need to check out this FF XV gameplay vid right now and then the MGS V red band trailer. Finally to the nuts and bolts part of E3.

FFXV looks fucking incredible.

Titanfall, The Division, Watchdogs, The Witness and MGS5 are the games I've come away really really wanting. I don't even like Metal Gear but that open world shit could be amazing. Same thing for The Division, if that game is as seamless as the demo would have you believe it will be really great.

Was that not on PS3/360 first?

Yeah Ninja Gaiden 3 was on both but the RE edition was supposed to be only for WiiU.

how could anyone actually buy a wii u

i mean come on

btw...was there any word on crackdown?

I bought a WiiU at launch because I like 1st party Nintendo games. No word on Crackdown 3 but Ruffian is located in Eurpoe and Phil Spencer said MS was saving some exclusives for gamescon so there is still hope.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Ninja Gaiden 3 was on both but the RE edition was supposed to be only for WiiU.

I bought a WiiU at launch because I like 1st party Nintendo games. No word on Crackdown 3 but Ruffian is located in Eurpoe and Phil Spencer said MS was saving some exclusives for gamescon so there is still hope.

I'm pretty certain Nintendo is actually funding development for Bayonetta though.

RC

Banned
FFXV looks fucking incredible.

Don't know what to make of the battle system though. Will it control like an action game with some sort of meter that drains away after every action or all those actions predetermined and choosen via menu? (Would explain the scripted nature of those battles)
And as promising as that video looked, this is still Square we're talking about. I haven't had faith in them since the PS2.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Frankie's already stated in the Community thread that he's wearing it to disguise himself, not to protect his armor.

Plus it worked out great im terms of not revealing what the game was until the very end and surprising people in spectacular fashion.
Right. Halo will never be as big as it used to be, they ruined it by trying to copy COD.

Socreges

Banned
FFXV does look ridiculous.

FFXIII was shit, right? FFXIV is/was an online game, a la FFXI? And what the fuck is the VS series? Just an excuse to make more money like with FFX-2? I've completely lost interest in FF over the last several years.

I don't get the 3D Mario comparisons to NSMB. Completely different games, different art styles, the characters control differently, etc.
It's not a great comparison to make as simply as I did. I mean it in a more specific sense where the philosophy behind the game is to create a similar experience to the NSMB (Wii/Wii U) games where the environments and pulled-back camera are conducive to four players running alongside each other and the gameplay has a more A-->B feel. I wanted something more like SM64/SMG, but it looks more like a hybrid of SM3DL and NSMBW (sorry for the acronyms, but you can keep up).

I see Mario platformers as being two series: Mainline (SM64, SMS, SMG, SMG2) and NSMB (includes SM3DL). I was hoping for Mainline, but got something that's much closer to NSMB (in terms of the type of experience it offers).

And don't even fucking get me started on Metroid. My favourite series, hands down. And we've gotten nothing in 9 years. I'm pretty sure Other M killed the franchise.

Acid08

Banned
FFXV does look ridiculous.

FFXIII was shit, right? FFXIV is/was an online game, a la FFXI? And what the fuck is the VS series? Just an excuse to make more money like with FFX-2? I've completely lost interest in FF over the last several years.

FFXIII is different. Personally I didn't enjoy it but it seems like a lot of people(apologists) did. There is no exploration in it. Everything is a straight up run down the corridor sequence. The battle system is good and the graphics are great but the mediocre story and linearity of the levels sets the entire thing back. It has two direct sequels now too. Versus was supposed to be part of the whole XIII story/universe but we know now how that turned out.

Socreges

Banned
I actually heard something along the lines that one of the higher ups in Nintendo hated the Prime games, and since Other M was such a failure they just don't know what to do with it right now.
Metroid Dread. FFS it's probably half-done. But I guess we need another 12 Wario games first.

Other M was just 3 years ago, I guess. So I'd like to think that they got their break and can now begin development on another one. Hopefully in 2D.

Acid08

Banned
When was the last classic style Metroid game they made? Zero Mission? They keep all their other franchises on this short leash and they all end up being super iterative and same-y. Metroid has been nothing but different since the first Prime. Maybe it's time they do take it back to basics a bit.

Top Bottom