• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Anyone wanna come to the Island with me? I'll just wait for Soc if he wants to come over. I also have like... 25 or so pears to give away. (Pretty sure that's all I had. That and 1 perfect pear.)

It has moments that could give many people a jump, but defining it as a horror movie (I think even the OT on here called it the best horror movie in years) is complete bollocks, and if that is what you call horror than people like you are why I haven't seen a legitimately terrifying movie in years.

There is just no such thing as a scary horror movie anymore. Especially if you live America. Are You Afraid of The Dark got me pretty good when I was a kid. Love Rachel Blanchard.

Going to go see Man of Steel soon. Let's see how bad this is.

Also, Glendale magically found 11m dollars to keep the Yotes in Phoenix, guys!

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl
Alain Vigneault has indicated to the Dallas Stars that he no longer wants to be considered for the head coaching position there

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl
With Vigneault out in Dallas,it will lead to a lot of speculation that he's headed to NYR .Stay tuned for more developments. #TSN

Seems like AV to the Rangers

No god no please don't hire fucking Torterella please for the love of fucking christ and all that is holy don't hire that piece of human excrement. The last thing this franchise and city needs is a self absorbed egotistical rampaging lunatic like that fucking moron.

Smiley90

NYR players will feel soooo weird having a coach whoa actually treats them nicely. I think AV should do great in NY.

Torts in Vancouver... uuuuuuuuh.

No god no please don't hire fucking Torterella please for the love of fucking christ and all that is holy don't hire that piece of human excrement. The last thing this franchise and city needs is a self absorbed egotistical rampaging lunatic like that fucking moron.

From a comedic perspective, it'd be awesome. :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like AV to the Rangers

AV was also rumored to be on a plane to NYC today.

So far the only two people we know have officially interviewed for the position are Vigneault and Messier. The Rangers do have permission to talk to Lindy Ruff and John Stevens, but nobody knows if they've been formally interviewed.

Sure seems like a Vigneault announcement is imminent, though.

If they hire him it better be with the provision that he keeps his lippy fucking mouth shut. I do not want his shitty self centered attitude taking over this team. I do not want to hear one expletive cross his lips, I don't want a single comment in public about how shitty a player is, I don't... fuck just don't hire him for fucks sake.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the award votes on the last page. Nice to see Step and Cally get some love, especially for the Selke. Both in the top 10 there. Pretty well deserved.

Lebrun: I had Bergeron first on my official ballot and Toews second, but I’m not upset that Toews won it. I think they’re both equally deserving, tremendous 200-foot players. Total toss-up for me. What upsets me more is that Toews didn't make it as a nominee for the Hart Trophy. I just can’t believe that at all. But I guess that’s a conversation for Saturday when the Hart is handed out (rumor is that Alex Ovechkin has won it).

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/25274/daily-debate-breaking-down-award-winners

Ovechkin showing a lot of Hart
20130509136808541567205.gif

Why hasn't anyone hired Lindy Ruff or 1-3-1 genius Guy Boucher?

I want to buy Animal Crossing but not another 3DS. Iwata fucked me when they released the XL, i was a day one impulse buyer.

Cactus

Banned
That can't be right.
It's essentially the same system as what's currently in place, but since all games are tied to a specific account and uninhibited offline play is impossible, you'd lose access to your entire library of linked games.

At least, that's how I understand it.

Smiley90

I keep losing progress because my game keeps crashing. Just lost about 30mins/1h of island fishing/bug-catching/fruit collecting because the game randomly decided to throw me back to the 3DS main hub.

Infuriating.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That can't be right.

I thought this fact was plainly obvious to everyone. People actually needed Xbox Support to say this outright to realize it?

The series is essentially an all-digital download device, just using physical disks as a trojan horse to retain retail presence. Otherwise it's just an online service that has game licenses attached to it. Lose your access to the service by getting your account banned, lose access to your games. Logical, right?

And also fucking disgusting, especially considering the asinine things Microsoft sometimes bans people for. But still definitely logical!

AV? I'll take him. Better than Messier for SURE.

My Canucks fans, if you would be so kind, what did you HATE about AV? What annoyed you the most?

Smiley90

AV? I'll take him. Better than Messier for SURE.

My Canucks fans, if you would be so kind, what did you HATE about AV? What annoyed you the most?

We don't hate him. He's a good coach who just didn't have the players' ears anymore by the time things started going south. Things that previously worked stopped working and either he didn't know the answer to what to change or the players just didn't listen.

You'll also get a few extra jobs with the inevitable Trident factory opening up in NY, because he sure likes his gum.

We don't hate him. He's a good coach who just didn't have the players' ears anymore by the time things started going south. Things that previously worked stopped working and either he didn't know the answer to what to change or the players just didn't listen.

You'll also get a few extra jobs with the inevitable Trident factory opening up in NY, because he sure likes his gum.

Oh I'm not saying you hated him, but I just want to know what drove you mad about him? I mean, I didn't hate Torts, but there were things I HATED about him that drove me up a wall.

Socreges

Banned
I thought this fact was plainly obvious to everyone. People actually needed Xbox Support to say this outright to realize it?

The series is essentially an all-digital download device, just using physical disks as a trojan horse to retain retail presence. Otherwise it's just an online service that has game licenses attached to it. Lose your access to the service by getting your account banned, lose access to your games. Logical, right?

And also fucking disgusting, especially considering the asinine things Microsoft sometimes bans people for. But still definitely logical!
I hadn't actually thought about it. I see how it's a natural conclusion to draw, but the unreasonable consequences still surprise me. Seems like Microsoft should allow people to maintain their rights despite being banned. I don't think that would be impossible.

Marvie_3

Banned
Why hasn't anyone hired Lindy Ruff or 1-3-1 genius Guy Boucher?

I want to buy Animal Crossing but not another 3DS. Iwata fucked me when they released the XL, i was a day one impulse buyer.

Same here. I needed to upgrade to an XL for Animal Crossing though. Going from the crappy OG 3DS to the XL is so awesome. Totally worth the upgrade.

Oh I'm not saying you hated him, but I just want to know what drove you mad about him? I mean, I didn't hate Torts, but there were things I HATED about him that drove me up a wall.

He has a system. It's actually a pretty smart system, and he's a very intelligent coach.

The problem though, is that he's bad at adjusting his system. He doesn't make his system work with his team, he tries to make his team work with his system.

For example. Keith Ballard is a high risk/high reward offensive defenseman who plays in the top-4. When he came to Vancouver, he couldn't play in the top-4 because he was behind Hamhuis and Edler on the depth chart for LHD, so he had to play on the third pairing. THe problem was that AV likes his third pairings to play low-event/low-risk hockey, while Keith Ballard is absolutely not suited for that. He has good offensive instincts, fast wheels and a decent shot. He's meant to join the rush, but he wasn't given the green light to do that in Vancouver and instead, had to play a stay-at-home game he wasn't at all suited for. 3 years later, Keith Ballard's story in Vancouver is all too well-known.

Jordan Schroeder is another example. He could do fine as a third line center between Higgins and Hansen and produce some quality offense from that line, but AV would never fully trust him there because he likes his 3rdCs to be big traditional shut-down guys.

He's also not great with young forwards (Kassian, Schroeder), although really good with young defensemen (Tanev, Corrado). he gives young forwards short leashes if they're not amazing defensively, and never lets them stay in a role long enough to develop properly.

Top Bottom