• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

I'm feelin FUNKY

JpTZ1zY.gif
JpTZ1zY.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not gonna lie looking forward to Samyy losing his shit next offseason when we got potentially 5 defensemen to resign who are a combo of rfas and ufas.

New details about the sale is Viola will be the sole owner of the Cats. Viner bought out as well. The fact he is giving Tallon more leeway in the spending area makes me very happy. The terrible news is Yormark will likely be retained. We'll see what he has to say tomorrow but he seems like a guy who knows what he is doing.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The salt is already building!
I'm guessing Rielly gets sent down then.

That or we go from a 3-2 system to 2-3!

makeitso.jpg

Bozak -Kessel
Kadri - Lupul
Bolland - Kulemin
McClement - JVR
Raymond-Clarkson

Extra:Orr/Mclaren

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson-Rielly
Franson-Gardiner-Ranger
Fraser-Liles-TJ Brennan

That or we go from a 3-2 system to 2-3!

makeitso.jpg

Bozak -Kessel
Kadri - Lupul
Bolland - Kulemin
McClement - JVR
Raymond-Clarkson

Extra:Orr/Mclaren

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson-Rielly
Franson-Gardiner-Ranger
Fraser-Liles-TJ Brennan

I wonder why nobody's tried this before...

DopeyFish

I wonder why nobody's tried this before...

Because my math is terrible at 8am and that would leave no backup goalie so it'd be 4 lines of 2 + 1 extra (go away clarkson)

That and outside of moving the center to defense, it looks like the trap

Just allows for better D pinching as the center has to cover the pinch anyways...

Samyy

To me I think thats for the best. I don't want to rush the kid at all.

Yea I just wish he could play in the AHL but I guess he can go make the juniors his bitch.

So Kessel, Bolland, Kulemin, Raymond, Reimer, Phaneuf, Gardiner, Franson, Fraser need contracts next summer.

Were not retaining Kulemin, Raymond and Fraser probably.

yyzjohn

Banned
$2M for Franson, he gets less money and now thinks if he has a monster season he can go to arbitration next summer and win big. It's a win-win for Leafs, if he has a great season then Leafs will have no problem paying him, if he doesn't..oh well.

DopeyFish

Yea I just wish he could play in the AHL but I guess he can go make the juniors his bitch.

So Kessel, Bolland, Kulemin, Raymond, Reimer, Phaneuf, Gardiner, Franson, Fraser need contracts next summer.

And people think we are in cap hell now lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Sir I look forward to your salt next year.

yyzjohn

Banned
And people think we are in cap hell now lol

Cap should be going up next year. The two important ones are Kessel and Phaneuf. Reimer, Gardiner, Franson are all RFAs and if Bernier can play like people expect, Reimer is gone anyway. Fraser, Raymond, Bolland and Kulemin? Meh.

Samyy

I'm reallllly happy we have JVR locked up though, he looks like he's gonna be a beast this year. I think we have him until 2018.

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm reallllly happy we have JVR locked up though, he looks like he's gonna be a beast this year. I think we have him until 2018.

JVR, Lupul, Clarkson all signed to 2018 (Clarkson further). If they get the Kessel extension done this week that's 4 top forwards on long term deals.

Samyy

JVR, Lupul, Clarkson all signed to 2018 (Clarkson further). If they get the Kessel extension done this week that's 4 top forwards on long term deals.

Yep if Lupul can stay healthy for at least 60+ games a season, if Clarkson can play well for at least 4-5 years, and we get Kessel for 7.5-8x8 years then as a core those forwards are good. Hopefully in that time Kadri can develop into a decent 1st liner.

Var

Ice Jerseys the best place to order online? I need a Couturier one now that he survived another summer with Homer.

Top Bottom