• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Grant McCagg said:
Had a few pops with Ottawa's assistant GM last night. He was in Lake Placid. One of his picks, Shore, was centering McCarron's line....he was quite impressed with McCarron, and thinks he's a lock for the American team. He also admitted that the Sens liked him...had him in their top 20.
Interesting to hear since some believe McCarron was a reach at 25.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Every team ranks prospects a little differently, it's all opinion and educated guesses outside of the top picks. No right or wrong answer really.
Unless you're Calgary. I found it interesting because Ottawa is one of the best drafting teams in the league, so them having McCarron in their top 20 is a good sign.

Samyy

Twist Conditioning ‏@TwistSport 56m
Morgan Rielly breaks Twist vert jump record with 60 inches! #nbd #hesready #bettereveryday @mriles4] … @MapleLeafs @NHL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1JX0UH-X00

1049.gif

@coreypronman 4m
Hard to pick a player of the game. Probably 3 way tie between Sam Reinhart, Frederik Gauthier and Nic Petan.

Atta boy Gauthier, from yesterdays game I believe - was centering the first line!

calder

Interesting news about the Devils. Went to TSN and after the top 7 stories about the Gretzky trade I was able to find a brief wire report. Good thing you have a solid dozen Hockey Insiders TSN!

I keep forgetting the Devils were the Rockies. Cue Cherry complaining about the NHL losing the "Rockies" name.

calder

Great news! He can look bored and be overpaid on another continent.

Also, Happy Birthday Acid.

Antropov is going to enjoy it at first but in 3 months he'll regret not having found a slightly slower league. But at least in the KHL he'll only be painfully slow instead of tragically.

Edit: happy bday acid

Erdrick

Antropov is going to enjoy it at first but in 3 months he'll regret not having found a slightly slower league. But at least in the KHL he'll only be painfully slow instead of tragically.

Last year when the Caps were killing the Jets at the end of March/beginning of April (The 2 game back to back against them here) and they showed him and Burmistrov laughing it up on the bench... Yeah, I was done with them both by that point.

I really look forward to what we can do minus some of the deadweight now. I'm SO glad that they aren't touching Hainsey, either. I don't care what he does, as long as it's not on our team anymore. I'd rather guys like Clitsome, Postma, Redmond and the like get more ice time. Also reminds me that thank goodness we don't have jobbers like Randy Jones on our team anymore, either.

HELL YEAH HAPPY BIRTHDAY ACIDBROOOOOOO

August 8th right?

You guys have to wish me Happy Birthday tomorrow then.

I'll make some calls.

Expect a giant birthday cake with Selanne jumping out of it.

I'M OK WITH THIS

Hey Acid, what's this I hear about The Tank being renamed to SAP ISLAND or some shit?

You will literally be going to a venue called SAP.

Osorio

Pretty much. Except there really ISN'T very much to do around the Rock....

Then the bars and restaurants I go to in Newark don't exist, just like all Devils fans apparently.

And Henrik I dunno where you're from but there's no place in the Tri-State area, not Newark, South Bronx, Bronwnsville, East New York, Ocean Hill, Jamaica, etc. where you get fucking stabbed or shot just by being around there.

The neighborhood around the Rock (yes Newark isn't some little village) is much safer than the rest of the city.

Stop spewing lies based on historical context bullshit.

If I lived in New Jersey I'd totally go to The Secret Stash.

That's in Red Bank. Very nice area.

Newark has a crime index of 9, which means its safer than only 9% of cities in the US. 100 is the highest. 533 crimes per square mile. The crime rate in the city has continued to rise steadily as well.

Erdrick

Speaking of salt, the Caesars that I'm currently drinking have some crazy amount of celery salt on them. Still, it's the best drink to have aside from a beer when you are hungry, bar none. I pity people who have never had a Caesar.

I can't wait until hockey starts this year. I expect the Jets to make the playoffs this year. Time for some of our prospects to shine. Now that we have gotten rid of some of the deadweight... But time will tell if this team has matured enough though. Already snagged a ticket to the Red Wings game here on November 4th. Not seen them live since 96 so it's going to be a nice early birthday present.

RC

Banned
Speaking of salt, the Caesars that I'm currently drinking have some crazy amount of celery salt on them. Still, it's the best drink to have aside from a beer when you are hungry, bar none. I pity people who have never had a Caesar.

Caesar's are a mighty fine drink. I like 'em extra spicy. Although I can never have more than one or two.

Erdrick

I'm on my 5th and not even close to being Cakebossed. I always liked confusing people down south years ago when I was in the U.S. Even better was educating them on how to make a proper one. None of this Bloody Mary nonsense. I had no idea that it was so unknown outside of Canada. Such a fantastic drink when one is hungry.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I have been drinking Bud-Light Chelada's. Not for everyone, but I like beer and clam, especially in the summer.

Erdrick

While I don't like Bud in the slightest, beer and clam(ato) is a fantastic combo. Great out on a patio on a hot summer day or night.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm on my 5th and not even close to being Cakebossed. I always liked confusing people down south years ago when I was in the U.S. Even better was educating them on how to make a proper one. None of this Bloody Mary nonsense. I had no idea that it was so unknown outside of Canada. Such a fantastic drink when one is hungry.

Wow, you single handedly tripled the education level of those areas of the south.

RC

Banned
Anymore August birthdays? Mine is on the 26th. The big 3-0...

Fuck.

Welcome to the club, fellow 83er.

At least we remember what the 90's were like. Pogs, tank tops and whatnot. Also whatever happened to Kato Kaelin?

Top Bottom