• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Marvie_3

Banned
Seriously wtf....move them to Quebec City!

Goddamn league keeps taking over these teams in debt when there are other markets more viable. I didn't see them doing this for fucking Wpg or Quebec City. But so long as the team is in the states and allowed to lose money they get fycking stupid trying to keep them there.
If the league fought hard for 4 years to keep Phoenix where it is, there's no fucking way they're moving the Devils. They need an ownership change ASAP.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
No way they'd move the Devils if they managed to keep the Yotes in Phoenix.

Amazing how much debt they're in though. I feel like they'll find an owner. Its a good team with recent championships and a great building, despite being in shitty Newark.

Osorio

The debt is from the arena and our owner who made his money off the Lehmann Brothers lost a lot of his war chest during the recession. It's not from a lack of interest or whatever.

Either way the owner of the Sixers is already interested in buying the team.

This ain't anything like Phoenix fellas.

Osorio

No way they'd move the Devils if they managed to keep the Yotes in Phoenix.

Amazing how much debt they're in though. I feel like they'll find an owner. Its a good team with recent championships and a great building, despite being in shitty Newark.

How many games at the Rock have you gone to?

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
How many games at the Rock have you gone to?

I've been to two. Had good seats and thought it was a nice building both times.

Then again, I've been going to games at the Coliseum for over 20 years, so my opinion is tainted by the barn I usually frequent.

Cake Boss

Banned
KOHuUJ2.jpg

WATCH OUT FOR THAT BEAR GEORGE LARAQUE!!

Acid08

Banned
It's my birthday! Celebrating it by working and going to sleep early because I work super early tomorrow too! Fuck yeah party time.

Word is SSE (panther parent company) is getting bought out. Since Viner bought out Cohen he became a "special partner" not outright chairman like Cohen. Word was he was trying to get more hockey people to buy out the entertainment people in SSE. This could be what is happening.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That is some deep soul burning hate for a player if you get him being attacked tattooed on your body, god damn.

Osorio

I've been to two. Had good seats and thought it was a nice building both times.

Then again, I've been going to games at the Coliseum for over 20 years, so my opinion is tainted by the barn I usually frequent.

I'm just saying the neighborhood around the Rock is way better for pre-game festivities than Hempstead or even at the Barclays Center. If you get past the fact that you're in Newark it's a great location.

If the stadium was in Weequahic or Valisburg or something I'd understand but it's downtown next to the Ironbound.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I'm just saying the neighborhood around the Rock is way better for pre-game festivities than Hempstead or even at the Barclays Center. If you get past the fact that you're in Newark it's a great location.

If the stadium was in Weequahic or Valisburg or something I'd understand but it's downtown next to the Ironbound.

ah, in that aspect, I've never been able to explore the area around it, no. Maybe next time i'll try to get there earlier.

Barclays is gonna be interesting. No tailgating is gonna be a huge bummer.

Anybody who goes to newark for a game goes straight to the Rock and then straight back to their cars/train.

Osorio

ah, in that aspect, I've never been able to explore the area around it, no. Maybe next time i'll try to get there earlier.

Barclays is gonna be interesting. No tailgating is gonna be a huge bummer.

It would be a better location if it wasn't yuppie city. The 4th Ave strip is filled with expensive bars filled with strollers.

The only places I go around there is Cherry Tree on 4th and Dean and Hank's Saloon on 3rd and Atlantic

Top Bottom