• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Never heard of Crusader Kings. Checked out a video (of the mod). Looks fairly boring? Does it test your brain or is mostly just OCD micro-management?

Not a huge amount of micromanagement of individual things, but it tends to focus on longer term strategic goals, then getting fucked over by all sorts of people and having to react to it. When you're on the defensive for decades at a time, it's anything but boring (but can get pretty frustrating.) If you're not too important or no one cares about your lands, it can get pretty boring when people are busy with bigger wars elsewhere. It tends to vary a lot, depending on what's going on.

Is Crackdown the free Xbox live game? I missed the boat big time on those giveaways by just learning about it the past month. I got Assassins Creed 2 last night though, is it any good?

Saying "my team was near the top of the league during the regular season more than a year ago, so we're rightfully ranked 3rd likeliest to win the Stanley Cup" is all I have an issue with. I agree that they're more likely to win than the Nucks or Rangers, but a) regular season success 2 years ago means nothing, even with a similar core (the canucks' core is also still basically the same) and b) I'd argue other teams should be above the Blues (Bruins, Ducks come to mind).

I never said that, you questioned it and I responded that making it to WCF isn't really that big of a surprise considering where we've been at in recent years. That's what I see "3rd" as. Doesn't really make any difference if the Bruins are better.

In actual news, Jbo signed an extension. 5 years @ 5.4.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is Crackdown the free Xbox live game? I missed the boat big time on those giveaways by just learning about it the past month. I got Assassins Creed 2 last night though, is it any good?

Yes and yes. Dead Rising 2 will be free in 2 weeks, too.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
For the love of god, if you've never played Crackdown, grab it. You'll need to put some time in and collect a fair amount of orbs before the game starts to get truly awesome, but it's so worth it.

I remember getting it for the Halo 3 Beta but actually being somewhat interested in the game at the time because it looked pretty good. Soooo glad I did pick it up, game was an absolute blast.

Just finished Bioshock Infinite, I actually somewhat understood all that happened at the end and it makes sense, but still.. WTF? Had to look it up to verify it though and there were some details I missed, but overall I understood the main parts.

Smiley90

Just finished Bioshock Infinite, I actually somewhat understood all that happened at the end and it makes sense, but still.. WTF? Had to look it up to verify it though and there were some details I missed, but overall I understood the main parts.

That was basically my reaction too. Definitely a mindblowing ending and while I understood most of it, i had to/wanted to read up on it to fully understand everything and make sure I didn't misinterpret it. Great story.

Yup. I kind of pieced together but then walking on the docks and "oh shiiiiiiiiit." Complete mindfuck.

TUSR

Banned

Luteces were awesome, their whole history/story

I do agree with people saying how they could have got the same point and emotion across in a less complicated way of showing it, but overall I liked the story. The twist still wasn't as good as Bioshock 1, but it was still very good.

Luteces were awesome, their whole history/story

They were the main part I didn't understand too much until I read a little bit into it and then remembered some stuff in the game and was like, "Oh wow, that totally makes sense". Though toward the end I started to understand more about them.

Curufinwe

I wouldn't even bother trying to get all the orbs if I download Crackdown. Getting all 100 thermoses on Alan Wake almost drove me nuts, so I'm not ever doing that shit again.

Smiley90

Just so it's posted at some point: Wall of Shame/Pride for the old thread:

tasuFji.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
I think I remember there being something where if you drive a car up one of the highest buildings you get one. Either way that game is fucking tits.
Oh yeah, there's one building in the asian gang territory that has a bunch of ramps to drive up if I remember right.

I wouldn't even bother trying to get all the orbs if I download Crackdown. Getting all 100 thermoses on Alan Wake almost drove me nuts, so I'm not ever doing that shit again.
Yeah but unlike Alan Wake, Crackdown is actually fun.

Top Bottom