• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Socreges

Banned
PC elitists, yeah. They can be pretty bad, but are harder to come across.

And my bias, if anything, is with Nintendo. But I've encountered enough Nintendo fans that have turned on me that I have no problem throwing them under the bus. More a PS guy than XBox, but I've always found Sony fans to be more insufferable. Might be a result of GAF demographics.

Socreges

Banned
Dave Bolland with PK Subban.
I know it isn't PK because the Norris trophy isn't slung around his neck.

Also Drake is such a massive dork. I went from not knowing who he is to discovering that most of the rap and hip hop world is laughing at him.

PC elitists, yeah. They can be pretty bad, but are harder to come across.

And my bias, if anything, is with Nintendo. But I've encountered enough Nintendo fans that have turned on me that I have no problem throwing them under the bus. More a PS guy than XBox, but I've always found Sony fans to be more insufferable. Might be a result of GAF demographics.

This whole thing is nonsense. From 2006-2009 Sony fans were getting shit on from every direction. The PS3 was the laughing stock of the gaming world. Giant enemy crab, ridge racer, the PS3 chalkboard, etc. When the PS3 slim came out things started turning in Sony's favor. Meanwhile Microsoft shifts focus to Kinect and alienates a bunch of their fanbase. 2013 and Sony still releases massive PS3 exclusives while Microsoft tosses the 360 away like a piece of trash. Then all the DRM, used games, buy a 360, why would you live there? crap and what the fuck do you expect. It's not GAF that is pro-Sony, it's gamers in general. What do you expect to happen now that the shoe is on the other foot? You only notice Sony fans more now because they have the momentum. They are all equally obnoxious given the times.

Solo

Nintendo fans are the most defensive, but they also get provoked the most.

Sony fans are the most obnoxious, but I think that's just their insecurity due to thinking they should be the best.

MS fans aren't so bad, except for guys like Dopey and op_ivy.

Have you met Heretic?!

Nintendo fans are the most defensive, but they also get provoked the most.

Sony fans are the most obnoxious, but I think that's just their insecurity due to thinking they should be the best.

MS fans aren't so bad, except for guys like Dopey and op_ivy.

I think the last gen really threw them for a loop with the early PS3 problems (price, games, etc...) and showed that MS could compete quite well with anything Sony threw out. Also having that happen right after the complete dominance of the PS2 over the gamecube and xbox might have made them what they are now.

Edit: CONSOLE WARS, NHLGAF EDITION!!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This whole thing is nonsense. From 2006-2009 Sony fans were getting shit on from every direction. The PS3 was the laughing stock of the gaming world. Giant enemy crab, ridge racer, the PS3 chalkboard, etc. When the PS3 slim came out things started turning in Sony's favor. Meanwhile Microsoft shifts focus to Kinect and alienates a bunch of their fanbase. 2013 and Sony still releases massive PS3 exclusives while Microsoft tosses the 360 away like a piece of trash. Then all the DRM, used games, buy a 360, why would you live there? crap and what the fuck do you expect. It's not GAF that is pro-Sony, it's gamers in general. What do you expect to happen now that the shoe is on the other foot? You only notice Sony fans more now because they have the momentum. They are all equally obnoxious given the times.

I agree. Not with the content of what I bolded, but with that kind of hyperbole/false claim, Sony-GAF takes the cake for most obnoxious.

gaming_noob

Since this is OT...who has seen The Conjuring? Possibly the highest rated ghost film in the last 50 years, sitting at 87% at RottenTomatoes 2 weeks in. I'm going to see it this weekend...

Socreges

Banned
This is exactly the kind of obnoxious delusion I was talking about! Thank you for illustrating. :D

Have you met Heretic?!
Heretic is too lovable to be taken seriously.

The difference is that the idiots who would post that shit in Sony threads would get banned. It seems the mods have just completely thrown their hands in the air now and anything is fair game. There really is not one XB1 thread that isnt full of loser Sony fans making sure no discussion can happen.

Smiley90

So what 360 exclusives have MS released this year?

What false claims?

Gears of War: Judgement.

Not to mention XB1 titles/exclusives will also come for 360 (TitanFall, e.g.), so I wouldn't call that "dropping it like hot shit", but sure, you go for it and live up to your reputation!

The difference is that the idiots who would post that shit in Sony threads would get banned. It seems the mods have just completely thrown their hands in the air now and anything is fair game. There really is not one XB1 thread that isnt full of loser Sony fans making sure no discussion can happen.

I still don't understand why that OT got locked. It was a refuge :(

Curufinwe

I don't see much difference personally. Fans of the more expensive, less powerful console always get bitter and lash out.

Samyy

Not to mention XB1 titles/exclusives will also come for 360 (TitanFall, e.g.), so I wouldn't call that "dropping it like hot shit", but sure, you go for it and live up to your reputation!

Okay that really isn't much support Smiley, with that point you have to agree.

Gears of War and Titanfall are third party games. The only thing I can think of that Microsoft is actually putting out is a Fable HD remake. Anything else?

Cake Boss

Banned
BQrAJmsCMAAxB-D.jpg

Dany Heatley working out this summer.

Curufinwe

So you are saying the PS3 was less powerful this gen?

For the first three years it was, yup. Resistance versus Gears of War in 2006 was kind of embarrassing. Then from around Uncharted 2 on you saw devs start getting the most out of the SPUs and working around the split RAM and weaker GPU, but there were still some really bad ports like Bayonetta.

Smiley90

Okay that really isn't much support Smiley, with that point you have to agree.

I'm not disagreeing that the PS3 is getting more support (heck, isn't even the PS2 stil getting games? Or did that end finally lol), I'm disagreeing with the hyperbole used. Because hyperbole's are not constructive to a discussion and that's why Sony-GAF may come across obnoxious. That was my point.

Gears of War and Titanfall are third party games. The only thing I can think of that Microsoft is actually putting out is a Fable HD remake. Anything else?

Hey, you said exclusives. Doesn't Sony generally have more first party games? So that wouldn't be something that just changed with the XB1 announcement.

Most games ran better on 360
Sure PS3 was technically "superior" but thats moot if its a pain in the ass to develop for.

To be fair, i'm not sure how much Sony is to blame for Bethesdas inaptitude with the PS3 :lol

Hey, you said exclusives. Doesn't Sony generally have more first party games? So that wouldn't be something that just changed with the XB1 announcement.

I said "Sony still releases....". Regardless the point is the way things have been going the past few years has given reason for more Sony fans to pop up. There are obnoxious people on both sides. Dopey is a perfect example.
Still love you Dopey
Remember Reiko? Spouting constant nonsense about how the leaks weren't true in every thread? These things work in waves. The RAM thread last week had tons of obnoxious Microsoft guys. They just hide until positive news comes up. I won't argue that there aren't assholes that go into other threads because that is true and it is most certainly obnoxious.

We should do a NHL-GAF DotA 2 match.

I'm in.

TUSR

Banned
+90% of Gaming side doesn't understand RAM and its parameters.

DDR5 vs DDR3!

5>>>>>>>>>3 right guys?

I said "Sony still releases....". Regardless the point is the way things have been going the past few years has given reason for more Sony fans to pop up. There are obnoxious people on both sides. Dopey is a perfect example.
Still love you Dopey
Remember Reiko? Spouting constant nonsense about how the leaks weren't true in every thread? These things work in waves. The RAM thread last week had tons of obnoxious Microsoft guys. They just hide until positive news comes up. I won't argue that there aren't assholes that go into other threads because that is true and it is most certainly obnoxious.

You do realize that MS publishes Gears of War games, right? Not all Sony exclusives are first party.

MutFox

Banned
I'm in for a League of Legends NHL-GAF ARAM!

I'm usually in the NeoGAF channel in League of Legends when I'm logged in.
Just look up MutFox :p

You do realize that MS publishes Gears of War games, right? Not all Sony exclusives are first party.

What does that have to do with anything? The Last of Us, and Gran Turismo 6 may be the biggest games PS3 has ever gotten and the year of a new console launch. Microsoft sticking their name on a Gears of War box does not equal support.

Smiley90

I'm in for a League of Legends NHL-GAF ARAM!

I'm usually in the NeoGAF channel in League of Legends when I'm logged in.
Just look up MutFox :p

ARAM sucks. Unless I get to play AP Yi, in which case it's awesome.

Top Bottom