• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Acid08

Banned
Here's hoping both the Sharks and Snes move on from their veteran stars and rebound well within the next couple seasons.

Socreges

Banned
The ugly truth is there is no enthusiast crowd that doesn't have a large portion of fucking idiots poisoning the well. Games got bigger and bigger and as a natural consequence attracted more and more shitty people along with the normal people. Guess which ones are louder, and have axes to grind?

Cultivate a circle of friends to talk games with and leave the large internet community shit behind. You'll be happier.
Heterogeneous video game discussion has always been a shit show. Nowadays gamers are older so you DO get the occasional voice of reason, but you're right that the louder idiots, who are many, ultimately dominate the conversation.

Gaming has always dovetailed nicely, though, with tribalism. Money and time are finite resources so you've got to narrow your interests - that usually means you see the other as inferior and threatening.

Heterogeneous video game discussion has always been a shit show. Nowadays gamers are older so you DO get the occasional voice of reason, but you're right that the louder idiots, who are many, ultimately dominate the conversation.

Gaming has always dovetailed nicely, though, with tribalism. Money and time are finite resources so you've got to narrow your interests - that usually means you see the other as inferior and threatening.

Well the interesting thing about that are the people who have the means to own all or most systems, but still end up trashing one or the other. I get having a finite amount of time and money playing into the mindset, I just wonder why people are content fighting and shitting on things instead of sticking to the things they do enjoy.

Unless of course we're talking about Smelly's taste in games. Cause fuck that guy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well the interesting thing about that are the people who have the means to own all or most systems, but still end up trashing one or the other. I get having a finite amount of time and money playing into the mindset, I just wonder why people are content fighting and shitting on things instead of sticking to the things they do enjoy.

Unless of course we're talking about Smelly's taste in games. Cause fuck that guy.
Can't the same thing be said for sports fans?

Especially Smellys

Socreges

Banned
Because the games and systems we love are always in competition with the rest. And because my love of 'thing' can only be validated if there are other 'things' that are similar but inferior. Then those feelings get thrown into the giant shit pile that is Gaming Discussion and all feelings are reinforced as they're challenged. My take anyhow.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McGuire said today on the radio, had he been given the Pens GM job he would have considered moving Malkin or Neal, and been super aggressive. Reallllly wish he would have gotten the job.

Red_Man

Bruce Garrioch said:
Murray told me Spezza wants out because he's blamed too often when the club doesn't win. #Sens
Spezza is aware that's what happens when you're captain right? What a baby.

Samyy

It's been happening longer than that.

I wonder what Cake Boss would think of a Chris Phillips captaincy.

Truly a captain worthy of the Ottawa Senators franchise legacy

Neal would have to be packaged with Malkin if any team wants him.

Kessel, Kadri, Rielly, 2014 first, 2015 first. no way!

I don't think teams are going to pay a top prospect and a 2015 first for Neal?
Oh god would they?
Ew.

Red_Man

It's been happening longer than that.

I wonder what Cake Boss would think of a Chris Phillips captaincy.
Well yea, that's what happens when you make $8 M and are supposed to be the #1 center. Grow a set and quit whining. He's not even playing in the worst market for media whippings.

Red_Man

Shhiiiiieeeeetttt...
Y85yYFi.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
McGuire said today on the radio, had he been given the Pens GM job he would have considered moving Malkin or Neal, and been super aggressive. Reallllly wish he would have gotten the job.

Didn't Malkin say Montreal was one of two or three teams he'd love to play for?

Red_Man

Didn't Malkin say Montreal was one of two or three teams he'd love to play for?
McGuire is from Montreal, lives in Montreal and came in 2nd for the Montreal GM job.....gets Pens job and sends us Malkin as an inside job? Genius!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nonis said that there isn't a fit financially with Komarov. Guess he'll be an UFA in July.

WTF...

I wanted to believe, but this makes sense. We're tossing Clarkson likely on the 3rd line. So that would more or less default Komo to 4th...that might be too much money for a 4th liner.

Fucking Nonis...

Samyy

WTF...

I wanted to believe, but this makes sense. We're tossing Clarkson likely on the 3rd line. So that would more or less default Komo to 4th...that might be too much money for a 4th liner.

Fucking Nonis...

Hahahahahaaha
Clarkson is gonna get premium 2nd line minutes.

We don't actually have any top 6 wingers in the system and getting one from FA is too expensive, therefore Clarkson will be placed on the 2nd line.

Top Bottom