• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Time to correct people that the term is "football" and not soccer!

Nah football is that sport where roided out manatees slam into each other.

I didn't wanna confuse anyone.

Pretty low benchmark you've set for yourself there.

I can honestly say I've never watched baseball game in my entire life. I don't know how people do it. I mean, I get bored from just watching HIGHLIGHTS of baseball, and that's the most exciting part of an incredibly long game. I don't understand it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I can honestly say I've never watched baseball game in my entire life. I don't know how people do it. I mean, I get bored from just watching HIGHLIGHTS of baseball, and that's the most exciting part of an incredibly long game. I don't understand it.
Going to a live game and getting drunk with friends is fun. But that applies to most things. No idea how people watch it on tv.

Smiley90

Going to a live game and getting drunk with friends is fun. But that applies to most things. No idea how people watch it on tv.

I was gonna say, I can think of much better things to get drunk to than that. Hell, getting drunk to NOTHING is probably more exciting than that.

'EAH, FARKIN' GO AUSSIES

Did you hear the Socceroos visited a Brazilian orphanage today? "Its heartbreaking to see their sad faces with no hope" said Jose, age 6.

Solo

It seems pretty clear to me now that the reason for Vanek's Houdini act in the playoffs is that he (or likely also his agent) didn't want to risk injury by playing hard and in the dirty areas and potentially lose his huge July 1 pay day.

Just disgusting and makes me lose pretty much all respect for the guy. Great player*, but no heart and gutless.

*2014 playoffs excepted

Curufinwe

Pierre-Édouard Bellemare aka Pedo Bear
Pierre-Edouard-Bellemare.jpg

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=722522&cmpid=pit-twt-penguins
WTF?

Jason Karmanos has been named Vice President of Hockey Operations for the Pittsburgh Penguins, it was announced today by Executive Vice President and General Manager Jim Rutherford.

Karmanos, 40, will assist Rutherford in all aspects of hockey operations. He spent 15 seasons with the Carolina Hurricanes from 1998-2013, working with Rutherford in varying roles as vice president/assistant general manager and executive director of hockey operations. He earned a Stanley Cup ring in 2006.

The Detroit native joins Associate General Manager Jason Botterill and Assistant General Managers Tom Fitzgerald and Bill Guerin on the Penguins’ management team.

“I’ve worked with Jason for many years, know him well and know he can make great contributions to our hockey operations department,” Rutherford said. “His first priority here will be to re-shape our analytics so that we have all the tools available in our decision-making process throughout the season.”

Karmanos played college hockey at Harvard and attended the Penguins’ training camp in 1996. He skated for the Raleigh Ice Caps of the ECHL in 1996-97 but had his career cut short by an eye injury.

Jason and his wife, Christy, have four daughters – Ella, Kayla, Anna and Lila. They will be relocating to Pittsburgh.

Taking the Canes scraps??!?!?!?

Just got a conditional offer at an awesome clinic! Now to pray everything goes smoothly with the paperwork.

They've already agreed to give me a day off on the 27th so I can head over to the draft in Philly.

Things have fallen into place way too well for this, though, so I'm waiting for something to go wrong. I really don't know why I'm so paranoid about it.

Samyy

Just got a conditional offer at an awesome clinic! Now to pray everything goes smoothly with the paperwork.

They've already agreed to give me a day off on the 27th so I can head over to the draft in Philly.

Things have fallen into place way too well for this, though, so I'm waiting for something to go wrong. I really don't know why I'm so paranoid about it.

Lol I'm in a kind of a similar situation myself. Essentially interviewed and got accepted to this summer conference, essentially a retreat to a nice resort and a couple days of free alcohol and food etc, for one of the big 4 accounting firms. Everyone I know has said that its a guarenteed full-time offer in the fall if you go to this particular conference, but honestly I don't know how I got accepted for an interview, or even the conference considering I barely networked with this particular firm. Now I'm just anxious for September to see if I actually get an offer....everything seems to be going too well, I;m not used to this lol.

Considering they're spending about 1000-1500 per attendee and flying people out expenses paid from all over Canada, I'm hoping this works out.
Hopefully it works out for both of us!

Lol I'm in a kind of a similar situation myself. Essentially interviewed and got accepted to this summer conference, essentially a retreat to a nice resort and a couple days of free alcohol and food etc, for one of the big 4 accounting firms. Everyone I know has said that its a guarenteed full-time offer in the fall if you go to this particular conference, but honestly I don't know how I got accepted for an interview, or even the conference considering I barely networked with this particular firm. Now I'm just anxious for September to see if I actually get an offer....everything seems to be going too well, I;m not used to this lol.

Considering they're spending about 1000-1500 per attendee and flying people out expenses paid from all over Canada, I'm hoping this works out.
Hopefully it works out for both of us!

That sounds awesome, congrats! I'll send some positive vibes your way.

Smiley90

'EAH, FARKIN' GO AUSSIES

Did you hear the Socceroos visited a Brazilian orphanage today? "Its heartbreaking to see their sad faces with no hope" said Jose, age 6.

Amazing lol

Also England got a difficult group, don't think they'll make it out of it.

I don't know about you guys, but I was hoping the Kings would sweep the Rags yesterday so we could truly move on to what's important, the off-season.

Smiley90

Italy will give them serious problems, but they should be able to handle Uruguay and Costa Rica.

Naw, my money's on Urugay coming in second in that group. South America and all that.

Man we should have made an NHL-GAF WC pool...

Quick

Banned
So we can talk about anime and games

I liked it when that one anime girl character's skirt flew up and everyone's noses were bleeding because they saw her panties.

She's 16 in the original Japanese version, but made her 18 for the English dub, but I follow the Japanese dub, so it's totally okay to perv on a 16-year-old.

I wonder if they'll flash her panties again?! Boy, I can't wait. Maybe even a bra shot, or maybe they'll have her in the shower.

Sugoi!!!! v =D v

Andi's back!

Andi A+ would lick her Brazilian

You're both Good Ontario Kids.

Well, more so Smiley.

Quick

Banned
Another Kane, another assault case.

WINNIPEG -- Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane says he did throw three punches but only in defence as he was attacked in Vancouver by a man now suing him for assault.

Vancouver resident Lev Makievsky has said he was returning home from work Aug. 10, 2013, in the downtown area when he was assaulted by Kane, who is from Vancouver.

His statement of claim gave no details of the alleged incident but listed a long series of injuries he says he incurred, including a concussion and an unnamed permanent physical disability.

Kane's lawyers have filed a response that says he has known Makievsky for about four years and encountered him at about 2 a.m. on the date in question.

It says Makievsky tried to get Kane to fight and when he declined, charged and swung at Kane, who responded with three punches and knocked his attacker down. Then, as Makievsky got up and swung again, Kane pushed him down and left.

Kane's response notes Vancouver police investigated and declined to lay charges.

Winnipeg Jets are a bunch of thugs confirmed. Relocate this thug team immediately!

Top Bottom