• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I may or may not have subsidized Soc's WiiU for his ex's number
I believe that strategy is from chapter 18

iP8JMHat2PCcD.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I believe that strategy is from chapter 18

iP8JMHat2PCcD.jpg

I've been following it very thoroughly. I had to fall back from step 285 to 176 after a setback at the "encourage yourself by punching yourself in the face" part, but it was just minor.

Destiny is awesome and I'll probably play it.

That said, it reminded me of how weird shooters with levels are to me. Why do my bullets do less damage than someone a level higher than me? They are bullets.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of sales, I made a shit ton of pre-orders on Amazon.ca with their E3 deal (30% off each game, originally $69.99 though)

Well, alright!

I wish I had made more pre orders when Amazon had their original, error discount.

Quick

Banned
I wish I had made more pre orders when Amazon had their original, error discount.

Apparently there was a code that gave a further discount that I missed out on. Damn.

I did everything last minute, so I missed out on that error. I also forgot to pre-order Batman: Arkham Knight. I do have AC: Unity and Destiny on it.

Getting an issue with Destiny, so I might cancel that depending on whether or not they apply the discount on that. Already spoke to customer support about it. It's currently at $69.99 and not even 15% applied to it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently there was a code that gave a further discount that I missed out on. Damn.

I did everything last minute, so I missed out on that error. I also forgot to pre-order Batman: Arkham Knight. I do have AC: Unity and Destiny on it.

Getting an issue with Destiny, so I might cancel that depending on whether or not they apply the discount on that. Already spoke to customer support about it. It's currently at $69.99 and not even 15% applied to it.

I spent too much money already, but I should have cancelled my FS orders and switched over. I was too busy worrying whether I'd get my Xbone from them though, and I didn't think the original pre order stuff was an error at the time.

Samyy

I ordered:

Destiny
NHL 15
Dragon Age
The Order 1886
Bloodborne
The Witcher 3
The Division
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Uncharted 4
FFXV
KH3
Mass Effect 4
Persona 5
SW: Battlefront
Rainbow Six: Siege

Counting on ME4, Battlefront, The Division and FFXV/KH3 being 2016 titles

Curufinwe

The annual HFB poll of each team's fans has these picks so far.

1. FLA - D Aaron Ekblad 85.71%
2. BUF - C Sam Reinhart 56.32%
3. EDM - C Sam Bennett 63.06%
4. CAL - C Leon Draisaitl 71.05%
5. NYI - C/LW Michael Dal Colle 68.83%
6. VAN - LW Nikolaj Ehlers Auto'ed
7. CAR - RW Nick Ritchie 52.94%
8. TOR - C/LW William Nylander 68.46%
9. WPG - C/LW Jake Virtanen 35.09%
10. ANA - LW Kasperi Kapanen 21.74%
11. NAS - LW Brendan Perlini 32.35%
12. PHX - C/LW Robby Fabbri 50%
13. WAS - D Haydn Fleury 75.68%
14. DAL - RW Kevin Fiala 63.64%
15. DET - C Jared McCann 22.06%
16. COL - LW Nikita Scherbak 38.24%
17. PHI - LW Sonny Milano 70.49 %

Socreges

Banned
How'd you pull that off?

What? How? Thought all the Targets were sold out of them.
Two Targets in Victoria. One had sold out within two hours the day before, the other had one unit left but claimed management had said the deal "was an error", "was exclusive to Ontario", etc. So a few days later I went to the first Target on the way home and grabbed a raincheck form for $150. Then yesterday I went back to the second Target, handed them the raincheck and walked out with a WiiU feeling like a thief. :D

TUSR

Banned
is it just me or has TUSR been increasingly acting the part since adopting an anime girl avatar

Am I role playing?

edit: Actually I wasn't really at all active this season because of how much I disliked the Canucks and their organization. If you look back at the NHL monthly threads I only have a handful of posts.

RC

Banned
Two Targets in Victoria. One had sold out within two hours the day before, the other had one unit left but claimed management had said the deal "was an error", "was exclusive to Ontario", etc. So a few days later I went to the first Target on the way home and grabbed a raincheck form for $150. Then yesterday I went back to the second Target, handed them the raincheck and walked out with a WiiU feeling like a thief. :D

Ah Victoria, of course. Had no luck around Burnaby or Vancouver. Oh well, I have enough consoles gathering dust as is.

TUSR

Banned

We have two targets?

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/report-bruins-discuss-possible-marchand-marleau-deal-0

Could Brad Marchand be on the move?

Jimmy Murphy, formerly of ESPNBoston.com, reported the Bruins and Sharks have talked about a deal that would send Brad Marchand to San Jose and Patrick Marleau to Boston.

On Sports Tonight, Michael Felger and Bob Neumeier discussed the rumor.

"When you think about what San Jose has done recently," said Neumeier. "Very good regular seasons, zip in the playoffs. They need a spark. Marchand may need a new address."

"Marleau is much older," said Felger. "I think the Bruins are in a championship window, so go out and get championships."

:O

Acid08

Banned
Marchand is a great hockey player, really don't like a lot of his on ice antics though.

Marleau would do well in Boston. Don't know what that locker room is like though, probably way more intense than in SJ. I wonder if his super quiet and soft demeanor would be welcomed.

TUSR

Banned
Marchand is a great hockey player, really don't like a lot of his on ice antics though.

Marleau would do well in Boston. Don't know what that locker room is like though, probably way more intense than in SJ. I wonder if his super quiet and soft demeanor would be welcomed.

him and bergeron look like they could be buddies

I think Boston has enough leaders in their room so Marleau would fit right in.

TUSR

Banned
We?! What are you up to in Vic?

And yeah, I hadn't realized either. Was biking home past Hillside (the day after trying Tillicum) when I saw it. Went in, saw they still had one unit, and began to scheme.

I moved back to Kelowna recently for the summer, but i've been living the island life for about a year now.

Is the Tillicum one beside the Safeway?

Razorskin

----- ------
I ordered:

Destiny
NHL 15
Dragon Age
The Order 1886
Bloodborne
The Witcher 3
The Division
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Uncharted 4
FFXV
KH3
Mass Effect 4
Persona 5
SW: Battlefront
Rainbow Six: Siege

Counting on ME4, Battlefront, The Division and FFXV/KH3 being 2016 titles

Very nice list

Will probably get GTA V because I've never played it and one of Dragon Age or The Witcher 3 depending on how good they turn out, Would get NHL 15 but I don't own any of the new consoles.

Quick

Banned
Apparently I got a Destiny alpha invite. Either I signed up a long time ago for it, or someone sent one over.

In any case, now I can't see it on my PS4 notifications. Once I figure out how to get it, and if I get the ability to send invited, you guys get first dibs.

Edit: figured it out. Downloading!

Kimmo signed to a one year extension. Haven't seen any details on the money yet.

Can't wait for details. I'm really hoping that Custance's report that it'll be around a 2mil contract with attainable bonuses up to 4ish is true.

So happy to see him back for another year! Drop him to 2nd PP, rest him in some back to backs like Selanne did and he'll be great at that cap hit.

Curufinwe

Can't wait for details. I'm really hoping that Custance's report that it'll be around a 2mil contract with attainable bonuses up to 4ish is true.

So happy to see him back for another year! Drop him to 2nd PP, rest him in some back to backs like Selanne did and he'll be great at that cap hit.

That's a good plan. Call up Alt or Ghost for those back to backs and let Kimmo play 70 games.

Capgeek has a cool new thing - Cap Benefit Recapture Grid

Top Bottom